OSMO+ pink spots on images
784 8 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansc985cdc0
lvl.1
Canada

I've had a nightmare of an experience dealing with DJI's customer service department. After purchasing a brand new OSMO+ with Sports Kit from DJI online for an event, I found that I rarely used it and decided to sell it. That's when it was discovered that there was a problem with the gimble which required a repair done by DJI (there is a lot more behind this story but the relevant issue is what happened after I got the OSMO+ back from the repair centre (2 days ago). This was a repair that cost me $US200 + $27.04 in DJI credit which initially the company wanted to deny me use of - for a product failure entirely due to product malfunction. On using the now repaired product which I was assured had passed through quality assuranced and was tested - there are now pink spots appearing in the images (photos and videos) which are not due to any visible spots on the lens. Of course these were not present before. I am appalled at how bad the service is with the company and how brazenly customers are getting ripped off by their total lack of responsibilty, and now this. Has anyone experienced these spots before? I attach three images showing the pattern.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansc985cdc0
lvl.1
Canada

Image one showing pink spots
2018-1-13
Use props
fansc985cdc0
lvl.1
Canada

Image two showing same pink spot pattern
2018-1-13
Use props
fansc985cdc0
lvl.1
Canada

Image 3
2018-1-13
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Sorry for the trouble it brings. Please provide me the case number of the last repair. And I would foward this situation to our engineers for further check. Thanks for your support and patience.
2018-1-13
Use props
fansc985cdc0
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Quality Assurance CAS-1296171-G5S8G4 or CAS-1392960-D5H1Y2  take your pick. The first case is the original issue with the gimble that needed fixing after hardly being used, and the second generated from an earlier escalation to a supervisor that sent the product through supposedly after being quality tested and approved. I'm waiting to hear from a supervisor.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansc985cdc0 Posted at 2018-1-16 13:13
DJI Quality Assurance CAS-1296171-G5S8G4 or CAS-1392960-D5H1Y2  take your pick. The first case is the original issue with the gimble that needed fixing after hardly being used, and the second generated from an earlier escalation to a supervisor that sent the product through supposedly after being quality tested and approved. I'm waiting to hear from a supervisor.

Thanks for your update, we do apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center. The original pictures have been escalated to our engineers for analysis to verify if the device will need to be sent in again.
I will keep you updated very soon, thanks for your patience.
2018-1-17
Use props
fansc985cdc0
lvl.1
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 00:37
Thanks for your update, we do apologize for the unpleasant experience with our repair center. The original pictures have been escalated to our engineers for analysis to verify if the device will need to be sent in again.
I will keep you updated very soon, thanks for your patience.

Actually I'd like you to escalate this to the FULL REFUND department. The defective OSMO+ returned to me after a repair I was charged USD$200 for (for a product that should by all rights have been covered under warranty) was actually not the same product I sent in. Your repairs department took my brand new OSMO+ with SN: 09RDDK14000572 and sent me back a defective one with pink spots on the sensor with SN: 09RDDJ28000980
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansc985cdc0 Posted at 2018-1-17 05:28
Actually I'd like you to escalate this to the FULL REFUND department. The defective OSMO+ returned to me after a repair I was charged USD$200 for (for a product that should by all rights have been covered under warranty) was actually not the same product I sent in. Your repairs department took my brand new OSMO+ with SN: 09RDDK14000572 and sent me back a defective one with pink spots on the sensor with SN: 09RDDJ28000980[view_image][view_image]

Sir I‘m so sorry for the unfortunate experience with our repair center, I have confirmed with engineers, the device will still need to be sent in for further evaluation and repair service.
We sincerely apologize for the trouble caused, your request and unpleasant experience have been escalated to appropriate department to follow up, we will have someone to contact you for further resolution, appreciate your patience.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules