Samsung Tablet A 7" major DJI GO4 trouble
4885 4 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mavic_pakrak
New
Flight distance : 7470 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Pro (new) and with my Samsung Galaxy 8s everything works great. To not tie up my phone I purchased a Samsung Tablet A 7" (android v. 5.1.1 Lollipop). Finally got the app to allow me to log in. Connecting everything up I got a message that an upgrade was required. I ran it and got DJI v.  01.04.0200 after several attemps and about an hour. Went to fly the drone and kept getting a "NO SIGNAL" warning from controller to drone, at only 20 feet up. Retried several times, same issue. Put my phone in the controller and it worked perfectly for several minutes. Are there any suggestions as to a fix or what is a good 7 or 8 inch tablet to use? Android or Apple. Thanks
2018-1-13
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" Tablet a few months ago and had to return it since it did not work properly with my Mavic Pro. Too Frustrating. I ended up by purchasing the Huawei MediaPad 8" also from Amazon. I purchased a used one "like new" for $199. I thought it was new when I took out of the box.They are a little pricey but it works great.
2018-1-13
Use props
mavic_pakrak
New
Flight distance : 7470 ft
United States

Leftyguy Posted at 2018-1-13 15:16
I purchased the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" Tablet a few months ago and had to return it since it did not work properly with my Mavic Pro. Too Frustrating. I ended up by purchasing the Huawei MediaPad 8" also from Amazon. I purchased a used one "like new" for $199. I thought it was new when I took out of the box.They are a little pricey but it works great.

Thanks so much. That kind of confirms what I've been thinking all day. I bought mine at Wal-Mart just two days ago and they said I could return it. I did a factory reset which took all my info off and returned all the original back on. I've since watched many YouTube videos and I'm going to bight the bullet and buy an Apple iPad 4. That seems to be the most compatible with a fast screen. Thanks so much for the first hand feed back.
2018-1-13
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i have a tab A 7in and the screen would glitch and freeze on me. so i put my tab S2 8in and have had zero issues, until just today. flew out 4500ft turn the mavic to come home and the app crashed and i lost the camera view.... luckily though the RTH brought it back safe and sound
2018-1-13
Use props
djiuser_PWH0wea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 728232 ft
Switzerland

I have a tab A7 that works fine and smooth but on GO4 .09, any update above .09 are just unusable (from .10 to .22).
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules