Certified RePL instructors - Can anyone help with quals?
1386 3 2018-1-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

I've recently moved back to Oz from France, where I'd completed all the requirements to get a commercial operators permit.  
I hold a Canadian private pilot licence (PPL) and glider pilot licence (GPL) and have been flying drones for a couple years (>300 flights and >40 hours on Phantoms and Mavics).

I'd be grateful for a PM from anyone anyone certified to do RePL training who might be ready, willing and able to do a streamlined course and certification in proximity to Sydney, the Central or South Coast areas.  

Everything I've found so far is a complete course of around 5 days, so I'm hoping there's someone who could tailor something that reduces the expense and time to get certified.  We could have a chat to offer a bit more background.  Am very happy to brush up on relevant theory online, do a test, along with practical testing.  

Thanks in advance for any help!

2018-1-13
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Try these guys: https://fpvaustralia.com.au/

I've heard good things about them, and they rove around doing courses. Don't appear cheap though, but I suspect that's a typical ball-park cost.
2018-1-14
Use props
fans2ca1fb05
lvl.3
Flight distance : 18655 ft
China

Have a look at wickedcopters (wickedcopters.com.au). I did my Repl through them and have only positive feedback.

They offer online courses which suits those (me) that work throughout the week.
2018-1-15
Use props
GMG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3632605 ft
Australia

fans2ca1fb05 Posted at 2018-1-15 05:59
Have a look at wickedcopters (wickedcopters.com.au). I did my Repl through them and have only positive feedback.

They offer online courses which suits those (me) that work throughout the week.

They’ve been very responsive. Andrew and I have exchanged a couple emails. But the price remains the same, which for me is part of the issue. Did you opt for the RePL + ReOC bundle? One firm I spoke with mentioned that CASA requires that these be carried out with different entities.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules