First Drone, First Post - nothing but problems so far
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FishDroneNewb
lvl.1
United States

Hello all,

I'm hoping that someone can help.  I've looked through several threads and saw pieces of information, but nothing conclusive.  I have to start with...I'm a newb, so I hope I don't cause any frustration with my very basic questions.

Ok, so the unit is a Phantom 3 SE 4k.   Just arrived 2 days ago.  I'm using an iPhone 6 for the viewing. Haven't gotten even remotely close to flying yet.  The main issue now is that I'm getting the "no internet connection" when I set the wi-fi to the Phantom 3.  It IS connected...but in orange font, it says "no internet connection".  Again, I've seen a few threads about this, but after reviewing pages and pages...I still dont see a solution.

Also, the DJI GO app doesn't do anything other than show me the initial splash screen.  I can't click on anything and advance it from there.  I'm assuming that this is because the controller, drone and phone are not connected yet.

Trying to remain optimistic, but as you can imagine, I'm pretty frustrated.  Thanks in advance for any assistance that you all can offer!

2018-1-13
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Don't worry about the 'no internet' message, it is meaningless. It is trying to tell you that the source of WiFi has no Internet connection, which is quite true, because you are connecting to the RC control unit, not the internet. Ignore this and keep going, the next thing is to connect the RC unit to the aircraft by linking.
2018-1-13
Use props
FishDroneNewb
lvl.1
United States

Geebax Posted at 2018-1-13 19:31
Don't worry about the 'no internet' message, it is meaningless. It is trying to tell you that the source of WiFi has no Internet connection, which is quite true, because you are connecting to the RC control unit, not the internet. Ignore this and keep going, the next thing is to connect the RC unit to the aircraft by linking.

Ok, that sounds promising.  However, I'm not sure what the next step is.  The app is unresponsive on the phone.  Again, controller is on, Drone is on, App is on the initial splash screen and nothing else seems to happen.  I was surprised how little documentation was included as well.  I received a "Quick Start" guide in multiple languages and a manual for the battery itself...nothing else.

Suggestions?
2018-1-14
Use props
T3rdEye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 221844 ft
United States

Try this link to download the manual and other helpful stuff.

https://www.dji.com/phantom3-4k/info#downloads

2018-1-14
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you post a screenshot of said "splash screen"? Cause if its the one I'm thinking of, there should be in one of the corners a "skip" button. Take you to the device selection screen from there you should see Connect under the icon of the Phantom SE

You may need to login into the app as well. For that your phone needs to disconnect from the WiFi of the P3 SE and use its cell data. For login use the same Email and password you do for here
2018-1-14
Use props
FishDroneNewb
lvl.1
United States

T3rdEye Posted at 2018-1-14 10:53
Try this link to download the manual and other helpful stuff.

https://www.dji.com/phantom3-4k/info#downloads

Here is a pic of what I've been calling the "splash screen".  Again, nothing happens, no matter where you click on the screen.  Yes, the phone has internet access.  Thoughts?

2018-1-14
Use props
GDMills
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173835 ft
United Kingdom

FishDroneNewb Posted at 2018-1-14 14:26
Here is a pic of what I've been calling the "splash screen".  Again, nothing happens, no matter where you click on the screen.  Yes, the phone has internet access.  Thoughts?

[view_image]

Are you using the very latest version of iOS 11?

I had exactly the same issue when I got my first drone two weeks ago, resolved by installing iOS 11.2

2018-1-14
Use props
FishDroneNewb
lvl.1
United States

GDMills Posted at 2018-1-14 14:41

I had exactly the same issue when I got my first drone two weeks ago, resolved by installing iOS 11.2

I'll check that out, thank you!
2018-1-14
Use props
GDMills
Second Officer
United Kingdom

FishDroneNewb Posted at 2018-1-14 14:46
I'll check that out, thank you!

A pleasure mate.  Hope you have more success with the p3se than I did....returning it for a refund!
2018-1-14
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Hi, we all start at the beginning, the first steps are the hardest. The first thing you need to do is set up your DJI account. Do this from the app, it should prompt you and help you on the way. Check out YouTube there are lots of videos. Search with “dji phantom p3se unbox setup”. Try this to start.

2018-1-14
Use props
FishDroneNewb
lvl.1
United States

GDMills Posted at 2018-1-14 14:41

Thank you!  I'm getting somewhere now.  The app is responding.  I've logged in and now what I'm running into is that when setting up the app, it asks me to choose which quadcopter I have, but only 3 different Inspire models are listed in the drop down.  No Phantoms at all.  Again, I have a P3 SE 4k.  Any suggestions?  I really appreciate the help!
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey there, no need to worry about the No Internet Connection. It is normal as the P3 SE uses WiFi connection. As for the stuck DJI GO, it is recommended to update the mobile to the latest OS and reinstall the APP to see whether it helps. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks!
2018-1-15
Use props
GDMills
Second Officer
United Kingdom

FishDroneNewb Posted at 2018-1-14 15:35
Thank you!  I'm getting somewhere now.  The app is responding.  I've logged in and now what I'm running into is that when setting up the app, it asks me to choose which quadcopter I have, but only 3 different Inspire models are listed in the drop down.  No Phantoms at all.  Again, I have a P3 SE 4k.  Any suggestions?  I really appreciate the help!

You have to swipe left to get to the phantom models buddy
2018-1-15
Use props
FishDroneNewb
lvl.1
United States

GDMills Posted at 2018-1-15 01:36
You have to swipe left to get to the phantom models buddy

OK, I now officially feel stupid, LOL.  Yes, swiping worked.  Thanks

I will keep working at it.  Thank you for the help, all!
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules