Remote update now dead
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
3dmasters
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30213 ft
United States

Hello All and DJI,
I have owned phantom 1, 2, 3, and 4.  This includeds the inspire 1.
I can update all of them with no problem.  I am getting ready to fly my Pro 3 today and said hey you need to update the remote.
The update was like 10 second and said update complete.  Remote turned off and will not power back on.

the model of the remote is GL300C.
I can hold Power, C1+ Shutter button and can get it to power but.  However it will not connect to the DJI go app and the light is fant green.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,
leroy
2018-1-13
Use props
3dmasters
lvl.1
United States

Wow no one here has had this problem.   Help anyone!!!!!
2018-1-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hello leroy, just to verify, the RC can be powered on well, right? If yes, please make sure the RC battery level is more than 50% and refer the below to try: Hold on the C1, C2, record button and toggle the ISO dial, then turn on the RC and connect with APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try to update again.
2018-1-15
Use props
3dmasters
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 01:36
Hello leroy, just to verify, the RC can be powered on well, right? If yes, please make sure the RC battery level is more than 50% and refer the below to try: Hold on the C1, C2, record button and toggle the ISO dial, then turn on the RC and connect with APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try to update again.

Hello,
I did the following and down graded the remote to firmware Version 1.6.0 now the remote will turn on no problem.  However i updated the drone to 1.11.  In the DJI app it says the latest is 1.8 for the remote.

However everytime i try and download and upgrade again to the 1.8.0 remote firmware it fails to download.   Also connecting the drone now there is no video on my ipad air 2.

What firmware should i run now on both the remote and quadcopter to have a working machine again.

Thanks,
Leroy
2018-1-15
Use props
Edwardian
New
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-15 01:36
Hello leroy, just to verify, the RC can be powered on well, right? If yes, please make sure the RC battery level is more than 50% and refer the below to try: Hold on the C1, C2, record button and toggle the ISO dial, then turn on the RC and connect with APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try to update again.

Susan what do you do when you do the update and the remote just flashes red???
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

3dmasters Posted at 2018-1-15 02:11
Hello,
I did the following and down graded the remote to firmware Version 1.6.0 now the remote will turn on no problem.  However i updated the drone to 1.11.  In the DJI app it says the latest is 1.8 for the remote.

The latest RC firmware is V1.9.3.0. The lost video may appear if the aircraft and RC firmware are not matched, thus I'd suggest to update the latest version. Please try to reinstall the latest DJI GO 4, connect the internet to re-upgrade.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Edwardian Posted at 2018-1-15 16:18
Susan what do you do when you do the update and the remote just flashes red???

Edwardian, the RC indicator will blink red if the battery level is critically low or there is RC error. Please make sure the RC has been fully charged, and refer my suggestions in 3# and repeat the update progress to see whether it helps.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules