Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
faster original vdo download
1481 16 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

HI all, does anybody of you out there know a way to download the original vdo from spark chip card to mini ipad 4 (I fly with) ? Cause I noticed that not only it take ages when downloading a 30 sec long vdo but it also fails sometimes cause of losing connection . I was thinking if it was possible to connect spark via cable to my ipad...what you guys think?? Thanks I appreciate.

2018-1-14
Use props
rimza
Captain
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

I believe it will faster if you remove the SD card from AC and read directly on your PC/Laptop.
2018-1-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Or connect the Spark to the PC with the USB cable. Or put the SD card in the iPad if it has a slot.
2018-1-14
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I use an Apple SD card reader lightning cable to connect to my iPad Air 2.  I keep the micro SD to SD card adapter inserted into the Apple cable.  When I want to quickly download media from the Spark micro SD card, I power off the Spark, eject the micro SD card, insert the card into the SD card adapter, plug in the SD card cable to the iPad and let Photos import what I want.  Works very well for me.
2018-1-14
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
United States

Additionally, I have just now tested using the Apple USB to Lightning cable and can confirm that it works when directly connecting the Spark to the iPad Air 2 via this cable.
2018-1-14
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I have heard, but not tried, that if you connect directly to the spark's wifi rather than the RC, you can download much faster.  
2018-1-14
Use props
Lee Moon
First Officer
United States

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-14 09:06
I have heard, but not tried, that if you connect directly to the spark's wifi rather than the RC, you can download much faster.

I've also downloaded directly via the Spark's wifi and have had no issues with that.  I don't have the RC.  I bought the basic Spark and have been using an iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 5s to control mine.

I hope hobbydroner finds a solution soon!
2018-1-14
Use props
dj_dread
Captain
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

i am also using the OTG cable when downloading videos from the SD card. it seems to work faster.
so far, the best way i found is to take the SD card from Spark and insert it into computer to download video/pictures.
connecting directly to Spark's WiFi would make the download a bit faster.
2018-1-14
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

rimza Posted at 2018-1-14 04:35
I believe it will faster if you remove the SD card from AC and read directly on your PC/Laptop.

Thank you I guess this is the best and fastest way .
2018-1-15
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-14 08:19
Or connect the Spark to the PC with the USB cable. Or put the SD card in the iPad if it has a slot.

Danke Herr Wachtberger, ..btw .SPARK is an amazing little piece of equipment.
2018-1-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hobbydroner Posted at 2018-1-15 02:00

You are welcome and I fully agree :-)
2018-1-15
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-14 09:12
I've also downloaded directly via the Spark's wifi and have had no issues with that.  I don't have the RC.  I bought the basic Spark and have been using an iPad Air 2 and an iPhone 5s to control mine.

Ohh Lee ,I can really recomend you to get the RC !! Spark without RC might be OK but spark with the RC is AMAZING! With RC you got better control and I guess it will respond faster to your inputs as well...just my opinion. I really appreciate your help.
2018-1-15
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-14 09:12

Ohh Lee ,I can really recomend you to get the RC !! Spark without RC might be OK but spark with the RC is AMAZING! With RC you got better control and I guess it will respond faster to your inputs as well...just my opinion. I really appreciate your help.
2018-1-15
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

TexasAerials Posted at 2018-1-14 09:06

Thank you willl try that... have a safe flying.
2018-1-15
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

dj_dread Posted at 2018-1-14 11:59
i am also using the OTG cable when downloading videos from the SD card. it seems to work faster.
so far, the best way i found is to take the SD card from Spark and insert it into computer to download video/pictures.
connecting directly to Spark's WiFi would make the download a bit faster.

Sounds good since I got the OTG but never used it cause I never had vdo drop when flying.OTG out of the drawer and get to work at last. Safe flying. Thanks.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

hobbydroner Posted at 2018-1-15 02:00

Thanks for your positive feedback. And I think the advice in 2# is right. Please inform us if you have other problems.
2018-1-16
Use props
hobbydroner
lvl.4
Belgium

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-16 00:38
Thanks for your positive feedback. And I think the advice in 2# is right. Please inform us if you have other problems.

My pleasure, I think you guys are a great help in my growing up as a drone pilot . Have a great day. BTW I did put my first vdo on skypixel....enjoy it .
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules