Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
issues flying with App
453 2 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Okay. so i went flying today and have 2 phones. one is a samsung s8 with Go4 4.1.15 and the other is iphone 8 with Go4 4.1.22. flew first with S8 and after 20 minutes app disconnected from the AC but managed to land it safly with the remote, no errors or warnings. it refused to reconnect to app, had to restart the AC, remote and app for it to work again. put in a fresh battery and used the iphone this time. i was in an open field with no interfernce anywhere. the iphone was in full gps mode with 16 sats but under the section to check imu, compass etc i see a message to calibrate compass so i doo this and the light on mavic is all green and ready to fly but before takeoff i check that section again and it shows compass calibrate. did this a few times moved to new location and still same, tried the S8 and no calibrate compass showing so i took a chance and flew with the iphone all the while keeping an eye on the two compass readings in the app for any errors and there were none. after this battery went flat changed to another and used S8 and checked for any errors and there was none, used Cap Halls tech of doing the 2mm front back yaw thing and then took off and no issues.

anyone knows why the iphone is always asking to calibrate when the samsung does not???
2018-1-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That is normal. I believe it defaults to that. When using iOS it will prompt you to calibrate, without having to access menu.
2018-1-14
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Captain
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Woe Posted at 2018-1-14 07:19
That is normal. I believe it defaults to that. When using iOS it will prompt you to calibrate, without having to access menu.

I use iPad Mini 2 and iPhone 7+ and have never been asked to calibrate anything.  I've also never calibrated anything.  Took it out of the box a year ago and flew it - still going.  No problems.
2018-1-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules