Goodbye Phantom 3S (crashed)
1517 16 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

I am really shocked that my P3S just fell out of the sky in a normal flight, no warnings, no strong winds and everything was normal. Too bad I was not taking videos when it happened.  This is a video of my search of the fallen P3S the next day.

2018-1-14
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Sad video. I'll bet it shed the missing rotor while in flight. I'm sure it can be fixed but at a cost that approaches buying a new Phantom.
2018-1-14
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Very sad, I wish powers bring another drone to you
2018-1-14
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Please upload your flight log to the link below and past the new link here so we can all benefit from your bad experience.  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Sorry for your loss.

2018-1-14
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-1-14 17:58
Please upload your flight log to the link below and past the new link here so we can all benefit from your bad experience.  

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Thanks. I will when I get home.
2018-1-14
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

Betamace Posted at 2018-1-14 17:32
Sad video. I'll bet it shed the missing rotor while in flight. I'm sure it can be fixed but at a cost that approaches buying a new Phantom.

Yes, you are right. It would be better even to pucrchase a refurbished one.. Thanks man..
2018-1-14
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

Vendex Posted at 2018-1-14 17:53
Very sad, I wish powers bring another drone to you

Thank you..
2018-1-14
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sad, very sad, looks like you blew an ill fitted prop, been, done that
2018-1-14
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry for your loss man.

Lost mine in a similar way a few months ago but landed in water and could not recover it. Could you

upload your flight log for me to compare with my own log. Would like to put my mind at rest that mine

also lost a prop and caused failure.

Thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

You have my sympathy .... not nice.

The others will provide diagnosis once you upload the flight log ... so I'll not touch on that. But is significant that a whole prop was missing from the crash scene....

With regard to finding a Phantom ... I'm surprised in your case you could not use the last position shown on phone / tablet as I did to find mine. When my went down - I jumped into my boat and went to last recorded GPS and there it was ...

Nigel
2018-1-15
Use props
Betamace
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

Vergecraft Posted at 2018-1-14 20:09
Yes, you are right. It would be better even to pucrchase a refurbished one.. Thanks man..

I have a refurbished P3S. I've been flying it weekly from day one for more than a year without any mishaps or quirks. There's nothing wrong with refurbs. At least they actually get flight tested after all broken components are swapped out. Not even a scratch or blemish was on my refurbed bird when I opened the shipping box. It Just had a different serial number and drone name in flight records.  Just as good or even better than a brand new one in my experience.
2018-1-15
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-15 11:31
You have my sympathy .... not nice.

The others will provide diagnosis once you upload the flight log ... so I'll not touch on that. But is significant that a whole prop was missing from the crash scene....

Oh golly! Does it have the feature? Pardon me but I am not a techie guy and I don’t have that much time to learn these stuff. I couldnt even figure out where the flight logs are when somebody asked me to upload it. I thought it was just like uploading a video. Anyway, thank you for pointing that out. I just realized there are a lot of things I dont know about. Again, I appreciate it.
2018-1-15
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

The logs are recorded twice,one in the log folder of the DJI Go app and one in the copters internal HDD(SD card). But i don´t know,is that in the log folder of the app enough for analysis or the black box of the AC must be found. I hope you get the AC back soon.  Do not hear of a meaning of this Czechs guy. China product or not. All products have issues.
the 2 persons in your avatar picture,are they your relatives ? I also have relatives from far east Asia.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm so sorry to read your post. Data analysis is recommended if the drone is still in warranty period. Please try to contact the support and send it in asap: https://www.dji.com/support The local team will take care of this.
2018-1-16
Use props
Vergecraft
lvl.2

Japan

Peterx Posted at 2018-1-16 01:30
The logs are recorded twice,one in the log folder of the DJI Go app and one in the copters internal HDD(SD card). But i don´t know,is that in the log folder of the app enough for analysis or the black box of the AC must be found. I hope you get the AC back soon.  Do not hear of a meaning of this Czechs guy. China product or not. All products have issues.
the 2 persons in your avatar picture,are they your relatives ? I also have relatives from far east Asia.

Thanks, I am the one on the left. And  the other is my wife.
2018-1-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Did you find you air craft yet? And could you send the data for analysis yet? What standard mode is in Nippon,CE or MIC for signal strength? ((off topic)can i learn correct Nihongo?
2018-1-18
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Really Sad ..
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now