Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic in pool
1940 7 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kouskoutis
New

United States

y mavic pro fell out of tree into pool. Can it be fixed. It still comes on but will not connect. .?...
2018-1-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

It depends on what you mean by "fixed", but unfortunately the short answer is probably not.

I have heard of people whose Mavics were submerged getting them to fly again, and the standard recommended approach is to rinse it with distilled water and then let it dry thoroughly using some kind of desiccant (e.g., silica gel).

However, I've yet to hear anyone claim that their Mavic continued flying for weeks or months after that occurred even if they did what I just described. DJI considers a water damaged drone to be a complete loss and won't even attempt a repair, though they'll gladly have you send yours in and then bill you for essentially the full cost of a refurbished replacement.
2018-1-15
Use props
Simmo1
First Officer
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Unless you have refresh in date....
2018-1-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These drones are very delicate machines that use very sensitive and intricate moving parts and electronics. As DroneFlying correctly stated, even if you dry it out and it connects secondary damage such as corrosion is only a matter of time. I would have little confidence flying a drone that I knew had been totally submerged in chlorine based water. The best is to return it for peace of mind if nothing else. Water damage is covered by DJI’s care refresh if you have that insurance and the drone in hand to return.
2018-1-15
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Poke it with a fork my friend because your mavic is done.. either use dji refresh (if you have it) or sell it as water damaged on eBay then buy a new mavic...
2018-1-15
Use props
Zamboon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1332844 ft
Zambia

You have nothing to lose by trying to dry it out. There are some good YouTube videos detailing how to go about it. Good luck!
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

We are sorry for the mishap you've been experiencing. If the drone fell into the pool and got wet, we don't recommend continuing flying it. Please send it back and we will help to take care of it. Please contact our support and start a ticket, here's the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support, thanks.
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Zamboon Posted at 2018-1-15 04:39
You have nothing to lose by trying to dry it out. There are some good YouTube videos detailing how to go about it. Good luck!

As stated, you can dry it out and it may even fly again but as for 'nothing to lose' secondary damage could cause a serious malfunction and if the drone crash lands from 400' over a park and hits someone he will have a lot to lose... You should always return water damaged drones and take what you see on YouTube with a pinch of salt!
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules