Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RGMGFitness
First Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey guys,

I put together a tutorial on the 'Attitude Indicator' found within the DJI GO 4 Application for anyone interested.  I had a hard time finding a lot of information on this feature of the application so I hope some users find it helpful.

Again, it was written specifically for the DJI Spark as I know that the DJI GO 4 App will display different features and functions depending upon the type(s) of DJI drones (ie. Mavic, Phantom, Inspire, etc.) someone may have.  Feel free to comment on the video if you liked it or feel I missed anything.  

Regards,

2018-1-14
Use props
Sailor Murfs
lvl.1

United States

skip to :45!
2018-1-14
Use props
Sailor Murfs
lvl.1

United States

videos are out of sink. would be a good tutorial
2018-1-14
Use props
MikB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13346 ft
France

Good tutorial. It should be noted that you do need a 'phone with a compass for it to work like this.
2018-1-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good info to know - thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sailor Murfs Posted at 2018-1-14 19:20
videos are out of sink. would be a good tutorial

Yes, tried to sync the screen shots from the DJI GO app. as close as I could with the camera video.  I think most will understand the concepts of what I'm saying and as long as that happens the video served it's purpose.  But yes, your correct..there are a few sections where there may be a 1-2 second delay between the two videos (just something for others who watch should be aware of).  So, worth noting...
2018-1-15
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20830 ft
United States

Very helpful! Thank you so much for this.  

Are you in Pennsylvania?
2018-1-15
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

I learned some new things after watching your tutorial.  Thank you, RGMGFitness!
Unless there's a setting that I'm missing, is it true that the attitude/directional compass and the map don't show up in the DJI Go 4 app (iOS version) unless connected to the RC (just flying with the iPhone or iPad)?
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Linny&HerSpark Posted at 2018-1-15 08:06
Very helpful! Thank you so much for this.  

Are you in Pennsylvania?

Just over the border of PA in NJ (Flemington, NJ).  
2018-1-15
Use props
Far_North
Second Officer
Flight distance : 278379 ft
Canada

Thank you for explaining that.
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-15 08:26
I learned some new things after watching your tutorial.  Thank you, RGMGFitness!
Unless there's a setting that I'm missing, is it true that the attitude/directional compass and the map don't show up in the DJI Go 4 app (iOS version) unless connected to the RC (just flying with the iPhone or iPad)?

Your probably correct that the attitude indicator is NOT there if flying without the Remote Controller.  I've not confirmed that as I only fly with the RC.  The RC unlocks many additional features you don't have if just flying with a smartphone.  For example, you don't have access to the "Sports Mode" without the RC.  And Sports Mode is a ton of fun!  

Glad you found it helpful!  Appreciate you saying so...
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Far_North Posted at 2018-1-15 08:32
Thank you for explaining that.

Anytime...thanks for commenting.  It's appreciated.  Glad people are finding it helpful.  Let's me know the efforts were worth while  
2018-1-15
Use props
Lee Moon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-15 08:34
Your probably correct that the attitude indicator is NOT there if flying without the Remote Controller.  I've not confirmed that as I only fly with the RC.  The RC unlocks many additional features you don't have if just flying with a smartphone.  For example, you don't have access to the "Sports Mode" without the RC.  And Sports Mode is a ton of fun!  

Glad you found it helpful!  Appreciate you saying so...

Thank you again!

I bought the "fly less" Spark.  My original thinking was that I might not enjoy or use the Spark as much as I had hoped.  I was wrong.  LOL!  I really enjoy getting out and flying it.  In retrospect, I should have gone for the Fly More bundle.  I do plan on getting the RC soon, but am still learning to fly the Spark when the weather is good.

Always enjoy your videos, they're very helpful and I appreciate all the great info I get here.
2018-1-15
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Very informative, thank you very much!
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lee Moon Posted at 2018-1-15 08:41
Thank you again!

I bought the "fly less" Spark.  My original thinking was that I might not enjoy or use the Spark as much as I had hoped.  I was wrong.  LOL!  I really enjoy getting out and flying it.  In retrospect, I should have gone for the Fly More bundle.  I do plan on getting the RC soon, but am still learning to fly the Spark when the weather is good.

Yes, can't wait for summer to return.  Not always easy trying to video in this cold weather.  Much easier when it's warm.  I do 1 take in the cold.  In summer, I should be able to shoot better quality video because won't be rushing.  Can only take the cold for short periods of time before the hands start hurting.   All good!
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-1-15 08:50
Very informative, thank you very much!

Appreciate that!  Your a good source of information on here too, so thanks for saying so.  
2018-1-15
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-15 08:31

No wonder the terrain "felt" familiar. We used to live about 20 minutes away, in New Hope! LOL
2018-1-15
Use props
Linny&HerSpark
Second Officer
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 2018-1-15 08:31

You should be able to get some great footage along the Wickecheoke Creek. I've gotten some gorgeous photos there year-round from along Worman Rd. If no one gets their panties up in a wad about you flying a drone there, it's worth checking out.
2018-1-15
Use props
SuperMario5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131070 ft
Poland

Helpful for beginners like me ... and please more THX
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Linny&HerSpark Posted at 2018-1-15 09:57
You should be able to get some great footage along the Wickecheoke Creek. I've gotten some gorgeous photos there year-round from along Worman Rd. If no one gets their panties up in a wad about you flying a drone there, it's worth checking out.

Thanks for the heads up.  
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

SuperMario5 Posted at 2018-1-15 10:23
Helpful for beginners like me ... and please more  THX

Yes, will do.  More to come I'm sure.
2018-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very helpful.
2018-1-15
Use props
FXF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68123 ft

Austria

I learnt something very new - thank you very much!!
2018-1-15
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FXF Posted at 2018-1-15 14:17
I learnt something very new - thank you very much!!

Glad it was helpful.  Thanks for the feedback.  
2018-1-15
Use props
KetchupAndMayo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199656 ft
United States

Thanks for the video. I didn't see any of that info in any of the documentation.
2018-1-16
Use props
Langner91
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3474 ft
United States

That was very helpful.  It makes me want to get the RC soon.  I wish that showed up in the phone only mode as I am always confused as to which way the drone is actually facing.
2018-1-16
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Langner91 Posted at 2018-1-16 13:06
That was very helpful.  It makes me want to get the RC soon.  I wish that showed up in the phone only mode as I am always confused as to which way the drone is actually facing.

Glad it helped you.  
2018-1-16
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

I watched your video yesterday and forget to comment:
Very useful information, thank you for that!
2018-1-16
Use props
SoCal Rob
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43642 ft
United States

Thank you for taking the time to make this and post. It’s a very informative video and is helpful for people new to DJI, like me. I haven’t flown very far from the home point yet but I can see how this will be really important when I do.

I have a related question. I’m not a pilot but I’ve been up in small planes and flown other RC aircraft. In the DJI GO 4 app, why is the artificial horizon sky represented by a dark color and the ground represented by blue? I’ve always seen artificial horizons show the exact opposite: blue sky and dark ground. Is there some rationale for this?

Thanks again.

-Rob
2018-1-19
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-1-16 15:15
I watched your video yesterday and forget to comment:
Very useful information, thank you for that!

Thank you for the positive feedback.  Makes it worth the time when I know it helps others.  
2018-1-19
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Cool, thanks for sharing!
2019-1-7
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CharlieZ Posted at 1-7 20:06
Cool, thanks for sharing!

Sure thing!  Working on some new videos now.  Just back from a hitting 5 islands in the Caribbean.  Hopefully I can get some of that footage up soon.  
2019-1-8
Use props
CharlieZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

RGMGFitness Posted at 1-8 10:08
Sure thing!  Working on some new videos now.  Just back from a hitting 5 islands in the Caribbean.  Hopefully I can get some of that footage up soon.

I would be love to watch it!
2019-1-8
Use props
RGMGFitness
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

CharlieZ Posted at 1-8 15:42
I would be love to watch it!

Posting it in a separate thread but here's what I've got from the day we spent in St. Croix (USVI).  I'll be posting more content from the other islands as well.  The winds were gusting around 30mph so was limited in some of the flights I could get with my Mavic Air, but I think I still got some pretty good shots.  

2019-1-9
Use props
joesky
lvl.2
Israel

please help
2019-3-23
Use props
joesky
lvl.2
Israel

I will rejoice in repentance . I got caught up in an attitude indicator I saw a lot of videos, it did not help me solve the problem I was using. dji spark. The white triangle and the letter n simply do not move, fixed. Also, the red arrow Does not show the direction of the skimmer. What am I doing wrong? I perform compass calibration before each flight and admit it's ok. The only thing I can add is, I only use wifi (tablet). Without internet. Does it affect? I do not know. I will rejoice in repentance . SOS. I will also be happy to reply to my email: feelsky10@gmail.com
2019-3-23
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good video!
2019-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now