winter battery support
731 10 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

We are in our hard winter and wont be flying for a while. Should I just let the batteries and control loose there charge or do I need to keep charging them after 10 days. I read somewhere after 10 days they will start to discharge on there own.

I really hate to keep cycling them being I wont be flying for at least 6 more weeks

thanks
2018-1-14
Use props
eried
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661362 ft
Norway

The batteries discharge themselves for storage. Just recharge them after flying next time. No need for any actions during the 6 weeks
2018-1-15
Use props
40buickcoupe
lvl.2
United States

That's great I really did not want to charge them till I'm ready to fly again which wont be till this weather breaks.

thanks
2018-1-15
Use props
LeTobbz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80889 ft
Thailand

You can set the settings for battery unload in the Dji phone app. How quick you want it to empty out
2018-1-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have mine set to discharge after 3days. Pacific Northwest weather.
2018-1-15
Use props
djiuser_Da7owuM
New
United States

The Intelligent Flight Battery from DJI is designed to provide your Mavic Pro Platinum quadcopter with up to 30 minutes of flight time. It's built with advanced technologies that allow the Mavic's flight control system to accurately obtain and relay battery data, so that pilots get real-time info about remaining flight time, cell status, temperature, and more—all available through the DJI GO app. The battery also includes overcharge and over-discharge protection, reducing the likelihood of damage, and will automatically discharge to 50% when not in use for longer periods of time, which will keep the battery at optimum charge levels. Low-temperature protections are also built in, which ensure the battery can provide adequate propulsion without damage from the cold.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

When there will be a long time for storing the battery, we suggest keeping the power on 50~65% to store. You don't need to keep it in the charger, and the battery will auto-discharge after a certain of time of not using it, you can set it in the battery settings on the app.
And for the battery maintenance, you can also refer to the tutorial below. Thanks.
2018-1-17
Use props
Blizzard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

eried Posted at 2018-1-15 00:21
The batteries discharge themselves for storage. Just recharge them after flying next time. No need for any actions during the 6 weeks

I think you would better recharge them "before" your next flight.
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 2018-1-15 07:54
I have mine set to discharge after 3days. Pacific Northwest weather.

I set mine to 3 days too - I don't like the thought of my batteries just sitting in the house with a 100% charge for 10 days... That said, after I fly I recharge the batteries to 50% anyway and that way they are already discharged for storage without waiting for the countdown auto discharge. I also use the battery to power bank adaptor to utilise the battery charge to charge up my devices which saves on electricity and discharges the battery quicker too on cancelled flights.
2018-1-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-17 02:57
I set mine to 3 days too - I don't like the thought of my batteries just sitting in the house with a 100% charge for 10 days... That said, after I fly I recharge the batteries to 50% anyway and that way they are already discharged for storage without waiting for the countdown auto discharge. I also use the battery to power bank adaptor to utilise the battery charge to charge up my devices which saves on electricity and discharges the battery quicker too on cancelled flights.

I don’t have a power bank. Been looking at them and thought will I really use this. So thanks for the tip on  what to use it for. Really appreciate it.
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yeah, it seems kind of pointless as I always head out with a 100% charged RC and mobile but it’s very handy for discharging batteries
2018-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules