3085 16 2018-1-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf491992d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 942231 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I noticed that the DJI GO app has some near features when presented with the Osmo Mobile 2. Notably, Hyperlapse and Slow-mo.

Will these options also be added to the DJI GO app for those of us using the original Osmo Mobile? Because at the moment my DJI GO app is up to date but doesn’t have these options. Why not?
2018-1-14
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 00:50
Sir, thanks for your interest of the new function in Osmo Mobile 2, but we have no idea if theses functions will be available to Osmo Mobile, please note the future firmware update of Osmo Mobile. Thanks.

Is this function really exclusive only to the Osmo Mobile 2?

I mean I can do a Hyperlapse using the Instagram Hyperlapse app with my Osmo Mobile 1. Surely the DJI GO app could be updated to have the Hyperlapse option as it is a software related and has nothing to do with firmware.
2018-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be a great addition indeed. I am having a hard time making good hyperlapses right now!
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansf491992d Posted at 2018-1-15 08:44
Is this function really exclusive only to the Osmo Mobile 2?

I mean I can do a Hyperlapse using the Instagram Hyperlapse app with my Osmo Mobile 1. Surely the DJI GO app could be updated to have the Hyperlapse option as it is a software related and has nothing to do with firmware.

Please ignore my first reply, I have confirmed with our engineers, the effect of Hyperlapse in Osmo Mobile 2 is equal to the funtion of Motion timelapse in Osmo Mobile 1 as long as the Triple mode is closed, we just made the name more specific in Osmo Mobile 2. I apologize for my first post. Please let me know if you have further question, thank you.
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-15 13:06
That would be a great addition indeed. I am having a hard time making good hyperlapses right now!

Hi Montfrooij, I have re-explained the Hyperlapse in post 5#, please check again, thanks.
2018-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-15 20:10
Hi Montfrooij, I have re-explained the Hyperlapse in post 5#, please check again, thanks.

Thanks for your reply.
Then I will have to try harder.
I'm having a hard time making for really nice hyperlapses.
They show a lot of 'less smooth' motion. Like when you turn around an object, the turn is made in pieces (with stops in between) and not in one fluid motion.
I was hoping the hyperlapse mode would sort that out and 'know' that some motion is wanted and should not be interrupted.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-16 02:38
Thanks for your reply.

Hi Montfrooij, do you have a sample video could be provided? I will feedback to our engineers, thank you.
2018-1-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 21:18
Hi Montfrooij, do you have a sample video could be provided? I will feedback to our engineers, thank you.

I will make one soon.
I removed them because they were not good enough.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-16 23:27
I will make one soon.
I removed them because they were not good enough.

No problem, please reply to my post directly when you get it.
2018-1-17
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-17 00:21
No problem, please reply to my post directly when you get it.

Yes, I will!
2018-1-17
Use props
HenryT
lvl.1
Malaysia

Montfrooij Posted at 2018-1-16 02:38
Thanks for your reply.

I believe most of the hyperlapses we see online have been put through additional post production step where warp stabilizer is added..that gives it the smooth effect we see

2018-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

HenryT Posted at 2018-1-24 17:54
I believe most of the hyperlapses we see online have been put through additional post production step where warp stabilizer is added..that gives it the smooth effect we see

I know, but when turning the motion is not in one smooth turn. It goes step by step.
Did not have time to make an example.
2018-1-25
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

The video for the hyperlapse on the Osmo Mobile 2’s page seems a bit misleading then as that does not appear to be motion time lapse.

I have a suggestion though for those wanting a true hyperlapse, though it will take a bit of work.  Film a normal 4K (or whatever resolution your phone will support) video using active track to lock on to a fixed object in the background, then just walk through the scene until you get the footage you want.  Then go into post processing and simply speed up your video to whatever length you want the time lapse to be.  The result should be a true hyperlapse.

Alternatively, you could do it 100% manually like with a DSLR.  Just set up the Osmo Mobile (or regular Osmo series in this case) on a tripod and turn on the grid, next align a particular (and easy to find) point in the center square and take a picture (or a series of pictures if you want to do a manual HDR for each one, or just let the Osmo do an HDR by itself), now move the tripod a fixed distance, recenter the same spot back in the center square and take another picture.  Move the tripod again by the same distance and repeat until you have the number of frames you want.  Bonus if you can take the pictures a consistent amount of time apart.  Now just stick the images together in a time lapse (most video editors will let you do this, or you can use any number of free specialized programs).  This will probably give you the best results, and it also lets you use long exposures.
2018-1-25
Use props
HKJunkie
lvl.1

United States

I'd expect that hyperlapse would work on both the Mobile 1 and Mobile 2 - because both have the same # of motors - unless the control system on the Mobile 1 doesn't have the capability in the firmware to do hyperlapse - but that should be fixable via a firmware update.  But I'm not DJI - who know more about whats in the control system hardware on the mobile units, nor am I trying to sell mobile 2 units.
2018-2-13
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

It seems that Mindi was wrong in this thread.  Hyperlapse is exactly the same as normal timelapse except that it allows the camera to still move, so theoretically you can use Active Track.

I can also tell you that, at least going by my M1 Gimbal, that the Osmo Mobile now has this feature as well, because now I see options for regular timelapse, motion timelapse, and hyperlapse.
2018-2-15
Use props
djiuser_Aa8U1cPCSSX8
lvl.1

United States

I'm using an Android phone and in hyperlapse no matter what setting I use the playback is too fast is there a way to slow it down
2018-11-11
Use props
fansf491992d
lvl.2
  • >>>
Canada

djiuser_Aa8U1cPCSSX8 Posted at 11-11 08:03
I'm using an Android phone and in hyperlapse no matter what setting I use the playback is too fast is there a way to slow it down

Im not sure I understand your question. By its name alone, a hyperlapse is fast (hyper). It is the opposite of slow-motion. The more you increase your frame interval (for example one frame every 10 seconds) the faster your video will be in the end. So if you take a walk for 1 minute with your DJI Osmo Mobile in Hyperlaspe mode with a frame interval of 10 seconds, this means it will take 6 shots (frames) over that 1 minute period.

Now, it takes 24 frames or 30 frames to make one single second of video depending if you are recording in 24fps or 30fps. I believe the DJI Osmo Mobile only records in 30fps (and 60fps in some cases). So, your final hyperlapse video of 6 frames would equate to 1/5th of a second when recording at 30fps. That is indeed very fast. And again, that is why they call it a Hyperlapse. But 1/5th of a second is not long enough for a viewer to even comprehend or for your footage to be usable in a video editing project. So, my advice would be to decrease your interval and film for a longer period.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube on what interval to use in what situation (i.e. slow-moving clouds, construction, traffic, crowds, etc). Remember, a hyperlapse is essentially a time-lapse where your camera is not in a static spot, but moving with you. Just like hyperlapses, a time-lapse is also fast due to the lapse in time, or lapse between each frame.

Finally, you might want to try using the Instagram Hyperlapse app. You simply film, and when you are done it gives you the option to set it to 2x, 4x, 8x, etc.  
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules