Quick Release Prop Guards (DJI Phantom 3 Advance)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guy's, this question has probably been answered a million times already, so appologies in advance. I'm new to DJI and indeed drones, I managed to obtain a second hand Phanton 3 Advanced and was wondering (as I'm a new flyer) whether anyone could recommend quick release prop guards. I would prefer quick release for storage purposes.

Thanks in advance

/Chris

2018-1-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Yes for first flight - but ditch them as soon as you get OK with flying the machine generally.

Why ?

1. Extra weight
2. You need to depress camera view angle more to avoid having them in top of shot when flying forward

Worth leaving the mounts on as they can help to resist cracking of shell and also good to refit for practicing ATTI mode flying.

If you want to fly indoors - Adv and Pro are good for this - then guards are good fit back on again to protect not only props - but any items indoors you value !!

Of course the above is my personal view.

Nigel
2018-1-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

I agree with Nigel. I don't use them, but for beginners and indoor use they are nice protection, but kind of get in the way once you are comfortable with flying. And to Nigel's point, the mounting brackets do help support the motors and prevent cracking of that shell...............which is an ongoing conversation.
2018-1-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you do toss the guards, keep the guard mounts attached. The mounts beef up the motor mounts and helps prevent stress crackage. I have them on my P3P since I bought it two years ago. NO CRACKAGE!
2018-1-15
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the DJI branded guards on my P3S to start and was nice but not removable easy

but then i got some quick snap on/off ones and was disappointed in them. they were heavier, more flimsy feeling, and added drag and resistance that slowed top speed and also on fast decent made an aweful wobble.

but then i found some 3D printed ones,  that work much better to me. weight almost the same as OEM, there is no added wind resistance, and nothing screws onto the body
these are them:
2018-1-15
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Now I have the DJI ones, never fitted them because they are not easily removed being one piece.

These snapon ones do interest me though for those times when guards are handy ... and I have a 3D printer ... !!

Nigel
2018-1-15
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-15 10:03
Now I have the DJI ones, never fitted them because they are not easily removed being one piece.

These snapon ones do interest me though for those times when guards are handy ... and I have a 3D printer ... !!

I have mine and love them compared to the original. no 3D printer though so i had to buy mine lol
2018-1-15
Use props
Chris_A
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks guy's, I must admit I've heard a fair amount of talk in regards to 'stress cracks' (slightly concerned), I think I'll invest in some quick release guards as mentioned above, it may help prevent unwanted cracking.

Appreciate all the advise. /Chris
2018-1-16
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

TruGreen Posted at 2018-1-15 16:29
I have mine and love them compared to the original. no 3D printer though so i had to buy mine lol

Tried printing but he hasn't included the support into the files ... so now I am trying to sort the print.

Nigel
2018-1-16
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

solentlife Posted at 2018-1-16 05:20
Tried printing but he hasn't included the support into the files ... so now I am trying to sort the print.

Nigel

hes on the forum. perhaps message him or shoot him a email?
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=55400
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules