phantom 3 advanced GL300a controller blue light
4895 10 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andyscot82
New

United Kingdom

Hello all,

Bought a phantom 3 advanced last year and then got real busy woth work and it got forgotten about and i have now pulled it out and during a firmware update my daughter pulled out a lead and now my controller is pretty much a paper weight.

I can turn it on and i get a blue light constant but i cant seem to connect the app to the unit despite numerous different button press connotations and various un install and re install of the app. I have tried to do a firmware downgrade to 1.3.20 via microSD adaptor, via a thumb drive and also via the drone itself but nothing actually seems to want to work. And also the drone wont see the controller either.

I am pulling my hair out trying to figure out whats going on! any help would be a god send!!

cheers
2018-1-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

You may have to try an do a manual rest of your RC. Look on this forum for instructions or it may be in the manual. The blue light is telling you it is trying to update I believe. I am not 100%, but I think the procedure is to press C1, C2, record button, and iso/shutter button (upper right on RC) all at one time. You might be able to have the .bin file on a usb adapter that is plugged into the RC if you can't connection the app. Until you get the RC on the same version as the aircraft, you will probably have trouble linking the two together. Sorry I am not able to look in the manual at this time, but trying to remember it from memory. There is a procedure though.

Edit:
I just saw this on another thread about a similar issue with the RC. It was from a moderator:

please make sure the RC battery level is more than 50% and refer the below to try: Hold on the C1, C2, record button and toggle the ISO dial, then turn on the RC and connect with APP. A message of firmware update can be found in the status bar, please check and try to update again.
Hope this is helpful.
2018-1-15
Use props
Andyscot82
New

United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-1-15 06:49
You may have to try an do a manual rest of your RC. Look on this forum for instructions or it may be in the manual. The blue light is telling you it is trying to update I believe. I am not 100%, but I think the procedure is to press C1, C2, record button, and iso/shutter button (upper right on RC) all at one time. You might be able to have the .bin file on a usb adapter that is plugged into the RC if you can't connection the app. Until you get the RC on the same version as the aircraft, you will probably have trouble linking the two together. Sorry I am not able to look in the manual at this time, but trying to remember it from memory. There is a procedure though.

Edit:

I had tried that before and no luck i cant connect to the app it is stuck on the "how to connect page" ive tried numerous cables and thumb drives and a micro sd usb adaptor to put the firmware on the RC but nothing seems to be working. I just get a blue light of death. Im wondering if the USB port is goosed. when i plug in my phone to the port i get the lightening bolt to say charging then it disappears. ive ordered a new usb port as its only £5 cheaper than the new module for the back of controller and cheaper than a new controller!
2018-1-15
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Andyscot82 Posted at 2018-1-15 10:44
I had tried that before and no luck i cant connect to the app it is stuck on the "how to connect page" ive tried numerous cables and thumb drives and a micro sd usb adaptor to put the firmware on the RC but nothing seems to be working. I just get a blue light of death. Im wondering if the USB port is goosed. when i plug in my phone to the port i get the lightening bolt to say charging then it disappears. ive ordered a new usb port as its only £5 cheaper than the new module for the back of controller and cheaper than a new controller!

Ah, I see. Well that sounds like something to try for sure. I might also suggest to try another device/phone. I had an experience one time where the phone I was using just quit connecting and didn't know why. If you have an android, you can change that usb charging option to media transfer....which is what it needs to be. Anyway, I ended up borrowing a phone and I was able to connect. Just some thing to try. I have heard of those who had an upgrade stopped before it finished having a lot of trouble. It may come down to sending the RC in to DJI. Let us know how you make out with the new usb port. Best of luck to you.
2018-1-15
Use props
Andyscot82
New

United Kingdom

RicardoGray Posted at 2018-1-15 12:03
Ah, I see. Well that sounds like something to try for sure. I might also suggest to try another device/phone. I had an experience one time where the phone I was using just quit connecting and didn't know why. If you have an android, you can change that usb charging option to media transfer....which is what it needs to be. Anyway, I ended up borrowing a phone and I was able to connect. Just some thing to try. I have heard of those who had an upgrade stopped before it finished having a lot of trouble. It may come down to sending the RC in to DJI. Let us know how you make out with the new usb port. Best of luck to you.

sorted!!

Wasnt the USB port in the end. I found a post in one of the numerous phantom forums that recommended (for IOS devices) on the drone page of app ie the page you select your drone then go onto select camera, in the top left hand corner there is a menu button (3 horizontal lines) long press that button for 5 seconds and then a menu come up telling you the FW of the controller you are connected to. mine said there was no firmware and it allowed me to install one. once that was done i was able to see my controller properly, the blue light disappeared and was replaced by a red one. i was then able to actually enter the camera screen of the app and then download and install the most up to date firmware.
2018-1-16
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
United States

Andyscot82 Posted at 2018-1-16 05:55
sorted!!

Wasnt the USB port in the end. I found a post in one of the numerous phantom forums that recommended (for IOS devices) on the drone page of app ie the page you select your drone then go onto select camera, in the top left hand corner there is a menu button (3 horizontal lines) long press that button for 5 seconds and then a menu come up telling you the FW of the controller you are connected to. mine said there was no firmware and it allowed me to install one. once that was done i was able to see my controller properly, the blue light disappeared and was replaced by a red one. i was then able to actually enter the camera screen of the app and then download and install the most up to date firmware.

Great! Thanks for letting us know. Bet you're glad too.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Andy, may I know what's the current status? Is there anything else I can help?
2018-1-21
Use props
Andyscot82
New

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-21 22:22
Hey Andy, may I know what's the current status? Is there anything else I can help?

Hi DJI susan, The drone is now fully operational and now sold!! decided i didnt want to continue using them, i think playing with subsea ROV's as a job is enough without doing aerial ROV as a hobby!! cheers though
2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Andyscot82 Posted at 2018-1-22 03:20
Hi DJI susan, The drone is now fully operational and now sold!! decided i didnt want to continue using them, i think playing with subsea ROV's as a job is enough without doing aerial ROV as a hobby!! cheers though

It's a pity, but I'm still happy to know the issue has been figured out. Have a nice day!
2018-1-24
Use props
djiuser_GuyHmsmn6GNg
New

Canada

I just bought my Phantom 3 professional and Te remote just has a constant blue light on it and I’ve tried everything and don’t know what to do can someone please help?!
2021-1-6
Use props
cheddar-man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44062 ft

United Kingdom

Have you got the manual, read page 29, all about the Blue light but basically probably not linked to the drone.
Try re setting the RC and then re linking to the drone (AC).

RESET RC

With RC OFF, press and hold C1 & C2 at the back of the RC and the SHUTTER BUTTON and hold all three pressed while turning on the RC.

LINKING………..

Turn on the remote controller and connect controller to the mobile device you use to fly with.
Launch DJI Pilot app.
Turn on the aircraft Intelligent Flight Battery.
4.  On remote controller enter “Camera” and tap on the image of a remote controller and five bars.
5. Locate the linking button on the side of the aircraft and press it, it will start blinking.
The Remote Controller Status Indicator will display solid green once the remote controller is successfully linked to the aircraft.

2021-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules