Big Thompson Canyon with the Mavic
933 4 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colorado CJ
lvl.1
United States

I took the Mavic up Big Thompson Canyon Saturday for a little flying/filming.  Here's a quick edit (I am brand new to video editing, so I have a lot to learn).

The road is closed to traffic because of construction up the canyon.  I might bring one of my race quads out there tomorrow .
[media=x,970,580]I took the Mavic up Big Thompson Canyon today for a little flying/filming.  Here's a quick edit (I am brand new to video editing, so I have a lot to learn).  The road is closed to traffic because of construction up the canyon.  I might bring one of my race quads out there tomorrow .  [/media]

2018-1-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nobody ever stops learning in this game mate - that was really very well filmed. Thanks for sharing.
2018-1-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice work.
And amazing location
2018-1-15
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

BT is a rough one.  Great seeing it this way.  I've seen it many times from the asphalt, but didn't have a drone at the time - several years since Is have been up there.  Interesting seeing it with sparse traffic.  I assume it is open to local traffic only.  I'd heard it was going to be closed, but don't remember the timeline.  One caution though - be careful of being deep in the canyon and losing GPS, or degrading GPS due to loss of horizon sats.  Can't wait to try that flight myself, and others you've just made me think of.  
2018-1-15
Use props
mickongen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1349816 ft
Denmark

nice movie..
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules