Lost Mavic Pro
1068 9 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse7f39bb8
New
Costa Rica

Hi guys! I know this topic is very frequent, but today I lost my drone... there was too much wind and I lost the connection... I have the flight log here http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SELEP7TZNQE3NXDQ9M2I/#

I searched in the area but didn't see it... There is someone that knows how to interpret this information?

Thanks a lot <3
2018-1-15
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

9.92122017        -84.02147937       

This is your last known coordinates, your log shows up to this point only your Mavic looks like it was heading into a building it had stopped in front of something obstacle avoidance was reported aircraft backing up.
It was approx 1000 metres from homepoint. Check this place out first.
2018-1-15
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I didn't see in the log where Home point or RTH altitude was set. But it's interesting in yhat your RTH the altitude keeps dropping - even below 0 (takeoff altitude).  At the time of last contact, you VPS height was 7 ft.  and since VPS was on and stable, I would trust that height.  The drone may have tried to continue RTH even after loosing contact, but I suspect it may have encountered an overhanging structure.  Look around the last known location and look up!
2018-1-15
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The previous comments are accurate; I'd focus on the area behind the Vindi Cipreses as the connection seems to have abruptly ended when it was there just barely above the supermarket.

P.S. The drop in height during RTH was due to negative throttle input.
2018-1-15
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ouch ! looks like you didn't even go into S-mode (if there was windy you probably would've had a possibly ...also saw antenna interference, if you flew the copter behind that building and kept it there then you defintiely in the dead zone. Increasing altitude would've also likely reconnect signal. Just my take.
2018-1-15
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can someone confirm ? was his copter 3,593.2ft from home ? when he lost signal?
2018-1-15
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

As a rule of thumb its better to have the RC bellow the drone rather than above it ... especially in an area with likely strong wifi signals. Interesting the last data points indicate the Mavic was virtually 'bouncing' off the square building's wall. Given the Pizza place is right next door you have to wonder if someone might have nabbed it as a trophy (sell it on ebay etc).
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear the loss of your drone, have you contacted our support and reported this case to them? If you haven't, I suggest that you contact them and get a ticket. If there is a doubt on the loss, you can request a data analysis if the drone is in the warranty period (within 12 months old), if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
Thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
Graystar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 865440 ft

United States

I have fail safe method for finding lost mavic pro....
2019-1-7
Use props
Graystar
lvl.1
Flight distance : 865440 ft

United States

Take coordinates from flight log and enter into Backcountry Pro...go to spot....Backcountry will show "waypoint" u entered and it shows where u are in real time, walk to drone...I found mine in thick, knarly, nasty woods no problem.
2019-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules