Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution.
8580 14 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1048652 ft
  • >>>
United States

I recently purchased a used DJI Inspire 1V2 and I continue to get this warning, "Strong wireless interference. Please fly with caution." I have updated all FW for the RC and AC, and have calibrated the IMU and Compass. I looked at the RC data in the DJI Go app while piloting the AC and the channel signal bars fluctuate pretty significantly. I even switched it from auto to custom and placed it on what appeared to be the strongest signal, but still get the message. I have had some chopiness (not significant) with the picture on my screen and one 14 second data loss. What is puzzling is that I have seen the message when the AC is 600 feet away, and as little as 50 feet away.
It isn't doing much for my confidence for longer flights that I know that this system is capable of, and certainly not for any Litchi missions. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate any feedback...

DocQuicksand
WEB: Aero-Drone Imagery
FB: Aero-Drone Imagery
2018-1-15
Use props
jeffb2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 99777 ft
  • >>>
United States

Following
2018-1-15
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Do you have your mobile phone on/near you or is there any other wifi devices nearby?

Mark G.
2018-1-15
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-15 10:04
Do you have your mobile phone on/near you or is there any other wifi devices nearby?

Mark G.

Yes, I am using my iPhone to run the DJI Go app connected to my RC. As far as wifi devices nearby, no. I still see it even when flying far away from neighborhoods.
2018-1-15
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-15 10:13
Yes, I am using my iPhone to run the DJI Go app connected to my RC. As far as wifi devices nearby, no. I still see it even when flying far away from neighborhoods.

Have you tried with the phone in aeroplane mode? If you are getting warnings of radio interference it would be a good idea to rule out all nearby radio devices.
2018-1-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-15 10:13

Does your car have Bluetooth and or Wi-Fi enabled devices?  I have noticed that my car can cause interference sometimes when parked near by.

Rich
2018-1-15
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-15 10:36
Have you tried with the phone in aeroplane mode? If you are getting warnings of radio interference it would be a good idea to rule out all nearby radio devices.

I’ll give that a try this afternoon and will let you know what I find out... thanks!
2018-1-15
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-15 11:17
Does your car have Bluetooth and or Wi-Fi enabled devices?  I have noticed that my car can cause interference sometimes when parked near by.

Rich

It does have a Bluetooth radio. But when I was flying yesterday, I was not close to the vehicle and it wasn’t running. I have noticed that with the Spark,, if Bluetooth is enabled on my phone, it will give me a similar message. Prior to every flight now, regardless of the AC, I always disable Bluetooth on my phone. I am going to try disabling the cellular network as well to see if that helps....
2018-1-15
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

Hello, I posted a similar thread here yesterday. DJI answer was just downright confusing. I have been searching the internet and have found one theme lots of other flyers with Mavic, PP4 and I1 have the same issues all of a sudden. I'm just looking to find what is causing the errors. My errors also included the motor overloading error and compass error. this error would rule out a long flight altogether. I noticed that some replied here with ruling out cell phone putting on airplane mode etc. I have to say that I don't believe this has anything to do with this since every time i fly my phone is with me and prior to yesterday, it has never been an issue.  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid1131468
2018-1-15
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

delcodrones Posted at 2018-1-15 17:00
Hello, I posted a similar thread here yesterday. DJI answer was just downright confusing. I have been searching the internet and have found one theme lots of other flyers with Mavic, PP4 and I1 have the same issues all of a sudden. I'm just looking to find what is causing the errors. My errors also included the motor overloading error and compass error. this error would rule out a long flight altogether. I noticed that some replied here with ruling out cell phone putting on airplane mode etc. I have to say that I don't believe this has anything to do with this since every time i fly my phone is with me and prior to yesterday, it has never been an issue.  
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 7&page=1#pid1131468

Regarding the motor overload warning, what is the condition of the battery that you were using? Was it old? I had the same warning on a couple of my flights and nailed it down to one of my batteries. You can check the voltage as well as the amperage using the DJI Go app while in flight. When I use a good battery, I do not get the warning. I have also found that the braking with the Inpisre is pretty intense which causes a significant load on the motors if flying the AC fast. Feather your deceleration versus letting the aircraft full brake. You can also de-tune the brake in the software (mine is set for 75), it just takes a little longer for it to stop.

Regarding the wireless interference warning. I have started using an iPad with all outgoing / incoming signals (bluetooth, wifi, even cellular) turned off, I no longer get that message. Hope this helps!

DocQuicksand
WEB: Aerod-Drone Imagery
FB: Aero-Drone Imagery
2018-1-15
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-15 10:36

That appeared to work! I used an iPad with all outgoing / incoming signals (wifi, bluetooth and cellular) turned off, not a single warning...

Thanks!
2018-1-15
Use props
delcodrones
lvl.3
Flight distance : 440367 ft

United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-15 18:33
Regarding the motor overload warning, what is the condition of the battery that you were using? Was it old? I had the same warning on a couple of my flights and nailed it down to one of my batteries. You can check the voltage as well as the amperage using the DJI Go app while in flight. When I use a good battery, I do not get the warning. I have also found that the braking with the Inpisre is pretty intense which causes a significant load on the motors if flying the AC fast. Feather your deceleration versus letting the aircraft full brake. You can also de-tune the brake in the software (mine is set for 75), it just takes a little longer for it to stop.

Thanks for the info I will give everything a try and let you know>
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-15 18:35
That appeared to work! I used an iPad with all outgoing / incoming signals (wifi, bluetooth and cellular) turned off, not a single warning...

Thanks!

Glad to know it works with Mark's suggestion, please make more tests to see if the error appears again, thank you.
2018-1-15
Use props
Donnie "Apple M
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Aero-Drone Imag Posted at 2018-1-15 18:35

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this, to often members have issues that they post and then never follow through one way or another. This is very helpful and I will bookmark this page for future reference.

thanks

donnie......aka Apple Donnie
2018-1-16
Use props
Aero-Drone Imag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie "Apple M Posted at 2018-1-16 04:28
Thanks for posting this, to often members have issues that they post and then never follow through one way or another. This is very helpful and I will bookmark this page for future reference.

thanks

No problem...
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules