AR visor not DJI
833 7 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Hi to all is it possible to use non DJI visor with MP?
If so what model do you suggest?
2018-1-15
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Well, the only option that I know of, other than the DJI Goggles, is the Epson Moverio FPV Edition for DJI drones. I have a pair, and quite happy with them. But alas, the work only with DJI AC.
I tried the Goggles, and the Moverios, and I went with the Moverios as I get to keep my situational awareness.
As to trying a 3rd party goggle type setup. you need to get the video feed from the camera to a 3rd party transmitter, then to your 3rd party goggles.
The DJI goggles and the Epson Moverio FPV's are the only thing that is "plug and play"  All else, you would have to do some wire cutting/splicing....

BUT, the DJI controller for the Phantoms, don't they have an HDMI out port? Then this might be a way to use 3rd party goggles?????
2018-1-15
Use props
Guido-Italy
First Officer
Flight distance : 477008 ft
Italy

Flycaster Posted at 2018-1-15 13:20
Well, the only option that I know of, other than the DJI Goggles, is the Epson Moverio FPV Edition for DJI drones. I have a pair, and quite happy with them. But alas, the work only with DJI AC.
I tried the Goggles, and the Moverios, and I went with the Moverios as I get to keep my situational awareness.
As to trying a 3rd party goggle type setup. you need to get the video feed from the camera to a 3rd party transmitter, then to your 3rd party goggles.

Thanks for your feedback
2018-1-15
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2018-1-15 13:20
Well, the only option that I know of, other than the DJI Goggles, is the Epson Moverio FPV Edition for DJI drones. I have a pair, and quite happy with them. But alas, the work only with DJI AC.

Any advantage to using Epson Moverio FPV Edition for DJI drones instead of the DJI RE Goggles? The Moverio  is pretty expensive, about $150 more than the REs and the REs I think will work with other ACs
2018-1-15
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Guido-Italy Posted at 2018-1-15 13:30
Thanks for your feedback

There is an app you can download that works awesome with the Mavic. It’s 6 bucks. I used it before I got my goggles Re.
2018-1-15
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Litchi has VR.
2018-1-15
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

I tried using it and its pretty hard to use. The benefit of using the DJI goggles is that on the mavic you get gimbal yaw with the head movement but when you use other goggles the whole body moves.
2018-1-15
Use props
Simmo1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1624 ft
Australia

Nah with litchi you do get that 30^ gimbal movement I'm sure.
2018-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules