Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
weak transmission signal on Spark
24294 27 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
strixaluco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463461 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, yesterday I was flying my Spark in GPS mode, 30m high and 20m from me, I had the green signal GPS mode with 16-17 satellites in the DJI GO 4 app turn red telling me "weak transmission warning".
It happened twice in similar circumstances, it lasted for about 5 seconds, it disappeared when I started the descent. it was always in GPS mode, never into Atti it hovered normally. It always responded to the commands. I checked afterwards the log, it was always in GPS mode, satellites went from 17 to 12 then again to 17. DJI GO 4 version is 4.1.22; I use wi-fi not OTG on Nexus 7 2013 tablet running Android 6.0.1 and latest firmware downloaded last week on Spark. Anyone has similar experience? Any explanation?
2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, Strixaluco. Did you connect your drone with RC? Did your try to change a device? Please ensure that your drone flies in a place without interference. Here are some tips:
1. I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green.
2. Please turn off the bluetooth devices around your spark.
3. I would recommend you change a mobile device for further check.
4. Do not shield the antenna of RC.
Please keep us updated. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-15
Use props
Spark23
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

I'm running into similar issues with my iPhone 8 Plus running over WiFi.  I have the latest FW/SW and have tried literally everything.  My range frankly SUCKS!!!!   100m or less with transmission errors is bad.  Hopefully there is a solution, otherwise my Spark will be going back fairly shortly.
2018-1-15
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-15 19:35
Hi, Strixaluco. Did you connect your drone with RC? Did your try to change a device? Please ensure that your drone flies in a place without interference. Here are some tips:
1. I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green.
2. Please turn off the bluetooth devices around your spark.

Hi DJI Elektra, Spark was connected to RC and Bluetooth on Nexus 7 was off. Power lines were at a distance of 7-8m but the warning of weak signal popped up when the drone was at its highest, 30-35m, not when it was about to land so closest to the power line poles, fixed at a height of 4-5m from the ground. That would have been the moment  for the magnetic interference, wouldn’t it?  
Even when the red warning of weak signal showed the drone worked normally, it hovered perfectly and responded well.
No other devices using Bluetooth were around; everything went well luckily, but I want to figure out what went wrong so I don’t have a flyaway next time.
2018-1-16
Use props
tomkrist
lvl.3
Flight distance : 276473 ft
Norway

I have also got this message two times after the latest update(updated everything). I did not loose
any controls but i did not go far away because of this error message. I use a samsung S8 and i
think the bluetooth was on...will try to turn it off next time and see what happens.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

Mine just lags because of a channel hopping bug making the app hop to congested channels when there is clearly better channels it could of selected. This needs to be fixed please dji
2018-1-17
Use props
Oldmaninwva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9750253 ft
United States

New Spark owner here and have also been experiencing the  "Weak "Video" Transmission" error, however mine does it ALL the time but the image is always fine...  the error starts up as soon as the Sparks video feed starts. I can be 5 ft away or 3000 ft away its the same. aside from the occasional video lag when it's out further away.
I use the OTG cable to connect to an iPad Air 2 (cellular) and make sure the bluetooth  and wi-fi is turned off.  Have never had any issues like this with the Phantom 4 that I've owned for over a year now.

Have not had very much time to play around with the spark yet due to weather in my area but hopefully I can experiment with it soon and see what I can do to make the error go away..  May have to send the critter back for repair.
image1.jpeg
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

If its under 4 months old just return it to.place of purchase
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Oops sorry 3 months or less it has a replacement warrenty or refund
2018-1-17
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

DJI has put a false flag warning in latest app whenever not using wifi to RC.   They really don't want is on otg... mavic sales hurting maybe?   I bet Electra here soon saying otg not stable, use wifi, engineers working on it, patient.....   
2018-1-17
Use props
fans6c939356
lvl.1
Thailand

I have encountered this experience with “weak video transmission” after the recent update.  
(1) the Spark was flying in wide open field with no possible interference
(2) connected with RC on WiFi (tried also with OTG) same error message
(3) reformatted SD card as suggested but same problem (same card I used which has no such issue for recording many lengthy video b4 upgrade)
2018-1-17
Use props
Tallaron
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1121358 ft
United States

Weak video transmission here too. No problem controlling spark just pain shooting video. Never had this problem before.
2018-8-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Tallaron Posted at 2018-8-18 09:22
Weak video transmission here too. No problem controlling spark just pain shooting video. Never had this problem before.

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I'd like to know the mobile device where you downloaded the app? Also kindly put it on airplane mode to avoid interference, Bluetooth is off and mobile data is off too. Hope this helps. Thank you.

2018-8-18
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

To everyone who is experiencing weak signal issues.
It means that your device can not handle the latest app version and you need to downgrade to either 4.1.15 or 4.2.12.
Download from apkmirror and enable in your device installation from unknown sources.
I had the same weak signal issues on my galaxy s6 then I downgraded and the issues were gone.
SaFe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-18
Use props
Alex Batalov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Also you need to disable auto updates of the DJI go app in play market.

Safe Flying.
Alex.
2018-8-19
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 118 ft

South Africa

My spark was flying fine, good video, no video lag, then I was prompted to upgrade. Now very bad video was horrible lag. Wat is wrong was the idiots at Dji, do they deliberately want to crash our drone? I will never buy another Dji product, and will sell the Spark as soon as possible. Fu. Dji
2019-2-11
Use props
MauiMacMan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 673698 ft
United States

Spark23 Posted at 2018-1-15 20:01
I'm running into similar issues with my iPhone 8 Plus running over WiFi.  I have the latest FW/SW and have tried literally everything.  My range frankly SUCKS!!!!   100m or less with transmission errors is bad.  Hopefully there is a solution, otherwise my Spark will be going back fairly shortly.

The spark is a great flying camera platform to really get the most out of it, you have to use the controller not a phone to communicate. But I should add that even with the controller, I am always getting weak signal warnings
2019-3-3
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

ruudy Posted at 2-11 01:50
My spark was flying fine, good video, no video lag, then I was prompted to upgrade. Now very bad video was horrible lag. Wat is wrong was the idiots at Dji, do they deliberately want to crash our drone? I will never buy another Dji product, and will sell the Spark as soon as possible. Fu. Dji

I feel the same, and DJI support sucks
2019-8-7
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

Have the same issue mine goes to 100meters and loses connection, have tried everything, even antenna boosters, nothing helps
2019-8-7
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

Spark23 Posted at 2018-1-15 20:01

Same problem on my Android phone, changed to ipad Air and went to 2.4ghs instead of the 5.8 band.
Now no issues  range over 500meters with no video problems and not using a OTG cable
2019-8-22
Use props
ruudy
lvl.2

Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-8-18 09:41
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles. I'd like to know the mobile device where you downloaded the app? Also kindly put it on airplane mode to avoid interference, Bluetooth is off and mobile data is off too. Hope this helps. Thank you.

How about just switching off your phone totally, DJI always puts the problem with the customer, meanwhile it's DJI's software that is the cause
2019-9-1
Use props
Sean Van Linda-Looney
New

Your antennas spin around
2019-9-19
Use props
Rob_H
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sorry to drag up an old topic, but my Spark has come out of winter sleep. This is constant and I am to scared to fly it as it WILL just drop signal.

- Software updated
- no-fly zone data up to date
- phone is an old iPhone 7+ which is dedicate to the SPARK RC wifi network only.
- all fully charged

The spark either has no GPS (indoors or out) has no image signal or will disconnect totally.
2020-5-15
Use props
Farnellmaster
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mine was struggling last night to get a solid connection took a bit messing around and once i eventually took off with all updates ect checked on the go 4 app it seemed ok, But once i landed it was then telling me my TX was in need of up dat but it didn't say before i took off
2020-5-15
Use props
strixaluco
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have had very rarely the signal “weak transmission warning” when on OTG, definitely more often in WiFi mode. I remember I had it once on OTG when I was standing about 5 meters from power lines and the Spark was about 250m away from me. It lasted for about 5 sec. then went back to normal.
2020-5-15
Use props
Colt2Cat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21959 ft
United States

My main issue with transmission seems to be coming from the wifi connection between the controller and my iPhone 11 Pro Max.  The connection between the controller and the Spark seems very solid.  I never lose control of the drone and it responds quickly.  When I fly with a wifi connection between the controller and the phone, it is almost impossible to fly the drone with the video feed.  It cuts out and the lag is around 10 seconds.  When I hook my phone to the controller with the OTG cable, everything seems to work great.  Are there any tips to get a better wifi connection from my phone to the controller?
2020-8-2
Use props
Smitty124
New

Canada

I've had the Spark since January 2018,  it used to provide excellent connection, great gps reliability and actual live view for framing a shot.   For the last year this has been unusable.  The drone may as well be a paperweight.   Not only does it keep dropping the image transmission, (regardless of wifi settings/bluetooth off etc)   It also fails to achieve gps signal (95 percent of the time), and gives signal interference warnings, even if i'm in the middle of flipping nowhere.  I'm using the same phone I used a year ago when it worked fine.   Does DJI not know how to work with Apple when they update their firmware?  I'm still using the same Iphone8.   Now it looks like i'm running a 286 processor that is lagging during the 5 percent of the time there is video. I will fly by controller (video or not), but the drone will randomly disconnect completely at least 3 times per flight,  which can be very dangerous.   There's times I almost lost the drone since it disconnected and would not respond to commands from the RC.   What gives?  This stuff used to work fine.  Now i'm likely going to end up throwing it out before it kills someone due to me having no control of the aircraft .  My next drone WILL NOT be DJI
2020-9-16
Use props
Raymond68
lvl.1
Flight distance : 368094 ft
United States

Question to Support, When are you going to get an update on the software problem??
2023-3-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules