Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hurricane Harvey flooding footage compilation
871 7 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TexasAerials
First Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

Finally had the time to compile all of the various videos I shot during Hurricane Harvey.  Most of this was just around the part of town where I live, which was not the worst impacted, although there was still some significant flooding.   

2018-1-15
Use props
Djr01974
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175364 ft
United States

We’re these taken with the spark
2018-1-15
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
United States

Djr01974 Posted at 2018-1-15 16:40
We’re these taken with the spark

All of the aerial footage was shot on the spark, the in-vehicle video was shot on iphone7.  By the time of the end of the video the FAA had posted a NOTAM barring all flights from non-rescue aircraft including drones.  
2018-1-15
Use props
Raimenzio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

Wow! You were flying in the rain! Next time you try to do that, say goodbyes to your spark just in case.
2018-1-15
Use props
TexasAerials
First Officer
United States

Raimenzio Posted at 2018-1-15 22:52
Wow! You were flying in the rain! Next time you try to do that, say goodbyes to your spark just in case.

Most of the flights were started during breaks in the rain, and were cut short when the rain picked up again.  The one clip flying back in heavy rain was the only time that I was nervous about the amount of rain.  The spark is set up pretty well to handle light rain, with the camera covered below the front of the obstacle sensors and the battery connecting below the body.  There is no electrical contact in the motors since they are brushless, so they will run underwater if need be.  after each flight, i checked the spark for water intrusion through the cooling vents, but there was none, probably due to the downwash from the props blowing water off the top of the body.  
2018-1-16
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Impressive sight.
2018-1-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 93626696 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely documented.    
2021-2-16
Use props
DowntownRDB
Captain
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I remember Hurricane Harvey well.  Great job of documenting this event.
2021-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules