Calibrate Goggles' IMU?
3671 4 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I picked up the DJI Goggles RE recently and am enjoying them so far.  I've seen vague, sparse comments in forums regarding IMU calibration of the Goggles, and notice the IMU calibration item in the Goggles menu, but I see no mention anywhere in DJI documentation about calibrating the IMU in the Goggles.  Anyone have deeper insight into if or when to calibrate the IMU in the Goggles?

2018-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Max, it should mean the IMU calibration of the aircraft.
2018-1-19
Use props
fansa9d2e20e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1918793 ft
Hong Kong

It actually calibrate IMU of the goggles, the goggles has an internal IMU for tracking your head movement.

You'll want to calibrate it, if you want to enable head tracking. Mine was like keep drifting to the left and upwards until I calibrate it. Luckily I was trying it out in heading tracking gimbal mode, it would be a disaster if I were in heading tracking flight mode.
2018-3-25
Use props
Maxheadspace
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa9d2e20e Posted at 2018-3-25 07:20
It actually calibrate IMU of the goggles, the goggles has an internal IMU for tracking your head movement.

You'll want to calibrate it, if you want to enable head tracking. Mine was like keep drifting to the left and upwards until I calibrate it. Luckily I was trying it out in heading tracking gimbal mode, it would be a disaster if I were in heading tracking flight mode.

Thanks for the clarification!
2018-3-29
Use props
djiuser_LzNLXahGQvla
lvl.1
United States

fansa9d2e20e Posted at 2018-3-25 07:20

How do you calibrate the goggles 2?
2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules