Just returned 2 sparks and new Mavic
123Next >
4290 89 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

I was so excited ehen the Spark came out tbat i went amd bought 2 of them.  One for me and one for my wife.  I tried using one and was having minor issues with the galaxy s8 plus.  Finally after 2 days was able tp get the spark flying and was all excited with it that i also ordered a Mavic platinum to take care of the long distance flights.  While i was waiting for it to arrive i was still having priblems with the spark and was thinking. Aybe it is something dumb.  I quijcly find this site a d start readi g all these flyaway stories and that was o my mind.  So i looked around and see. People using samsy g tablets without iasues on Youtube.   I remembered my wife has a galaxy tab a.  So i go to use it amd it works fine.  Then this update happe ed and i could not see the vattery and was loosing signal just around my back yard and fro. Read8ng here it looks like firmwarevv 1.1.18 killed the OTG cablr connection and wifi where i a. At is useless as everyone here has a router which vauses interference.  So went and boxed up my flymore combo and took my eifes brand new flymore combo back to samsclub. Their is no wsy i am keeping my 2 sparks and new mavic with all these firmware nightmares.  Kf course my friend has a mavic with an ipad mini 4 but i am not an apple fan. Never have been so i did. Ot want to spemd another 400 on top of the 2400 i spent on the 3 drones since i have 6 android devices that have issues with DJI.  Good luck to you guys but i am done with DJI. i am not going to beta test firmwares for anyone at the epense of loosimg one of the drones like alot of people on here.  
2018-1-15
Use props
Spark Kam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 417 ft
United States

Gosh Tundra, I thought I was the only one. I purchased 2 spark fly more bundles as well. I've returned one for the reasons you mention. Debating with myself whether or not to return the other. I have about a week to decide. These things are most definitely amazing pieces of technology in a small package but the issues make it not worth it for some people.
2018-1-15
Use props
Firehawk989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

No issues with my Spark, and that's on latest app and firmware and connected via WiFi. I mostly fly in areas with no buildings or people though.

I guess Android device compatibility is hit or miss, but I got lucky with my HTC phone. To be fair, they do have a list of recommended Android devices.

Also the Mavic does support OTG and uses a much more robust connection technology, so you kinda shot yourself in the foot on that one.
2018-1-15
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

This person is obviously a Troll. I reported them. I don't buy it for a second that someone would buy 2 Sparks and a Mavic, then return them all because of a few negative posts. It's either a paid response from another drone company or just a bored kid. And this is their only post??? No questions before deciding to return that much equipment. I wish we could down-vote garbage like this.
2018-1-15
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-15 22:02
Gosh Tundra, I thought I was the only one. I purchased 2 spark fly more bundles as well. I've returned one for the reasons you mention. Debating with myself whether or not to return the other. I have about a week to decide. These things are most definitely amazing pieces of technology in a small package but the issues make it not worth it for some people.

I'd return the Spark and wait for the new Mavic air drone , which apparently is around the corner
2018-1-16
Use props
S.J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Kuwait

I would never return the SPARK even if it has software issues.  At least we know the issues by now and learned how to avoid pilot errors.  The SPARK has a high quality  hardware
2018-1-16
Use props
fans61699a75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I also sold my spark and bought the mpp. Much better , too many issues in the past with spark. Also no 25fps recording . Before with otg cable it worked better then now on wifi.
2018-1-16
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

The spark is excellent , besides flighttime and 4k is does everything.
2018-1-16
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-1-16
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-16
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-16 04:06
The spark is excellent , besides flighttime and 4k is does everything.

You are in the EU yeah?  you using OTG in 4.1.15 or an FCC hacked app?  No way you can be happy with it with the current apps in a CE region, unless you only ever fly it 100m away.   

Seeing what DJi did from 4.1.15 to 4.1.18 of the app for the spark really annoyed me too.   If they stopped 4.1.15 working with firmware Id be looking to offload mine too.  

SO MANY fly aways in Australia and EU from new Christmas buyers using wif...  glad I go into it before when OTG worked for CE connection improvements.  Still worried they are killing the optimal spark setup because mavic sales.... (tinfoilhat)
2018-1-16
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

yeah i am on the 4.1.15 mod version and stay!. I have FCC,OTG and (waypoints, terrain follow, the flightmodes of the mavic) so don't sell your spark.Still waiting on a good version from DJI
2018-1-16
Use props
Beejay81
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69252 ft
Australia

Jos A Posted at 2018-1-16 05:25
yeah i am on the 4.1.15 mod version and stay!. I have FCC,OTG and (waypoints, terrain follow, the flightmodes of the mavic) so don't sell your spark.Still waiting on a good version from DJI

The way you are doing it is the way... but DJI is diverging so far from this, Sticking the States on FCC thats working well enough and leaving the rest us with this $600 drone thats not much better than a toy!   4.1.15 OTG gets me out at least 1500m with good signal so cant complain too much.  But the BS they are telling us officially since 4.1.18 and on is maddening...
And seeing the modded versions works, its pretty clear this is a spark vs mavic game for them

2018-1-16
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

El Diablo Posted at 2018-1-16 05:12
Excuse me Sir but you are totally wrong, I had issues with 2+1 Mavic (the +1 got cancelled before arriving. Both drones had a blurry right corner) and I am still having issues with my Spark (eventually will sell it making a big loss).

It is really infuriating that you are accusing a member of the forum of being a troll just because you have no issues!

Had some blurred footage also, but cleaning the lens made it for me, DJi makes me so much happier in my hobby...
2018-1-16
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-16
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

I had expected a rant about the go app and all the annoying messages blocking the screen.
2018-1-16
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

Bing Err Posted at 2018-1-15 23:08
This person is obviously a Troll. I reported them. I don't buy it for a second that someone would buy 2 Sparks and a Mavic, then return them all because of a few negative posts. It's either a paid response from another drone company or just a bored kid. And this is their only post??? No questions before deciding to return that much equipment. I wish we could down-vote garbage like this.

I am NOT a troll.  THe reasons i outlined are TRUE.  Look at this forum.   Report me who cares..lol

I own the following devices

1.  2 Samsung Galaxy S8 Pluses
2.  1 Samsung Galaxy Tab A   Hit or miss on this one.
3.  1 Samsung Tablet S2 8.0 T710  - Doesnt work with OTG cable
4.  1 Samsung Tablet S2 9.7"- Doesnt work with OTG cable
5. 1 Samsung Note  8 just bought and connected via Wifi but NO OTG.

2018-1-16
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

Spark Kam Posted at 2018-1-15 22:02
Gosh Tundra, I thought I was the only one. I purchased 2 spark fly more bundles as well. I've returned one for the reasons you mention. Debating with myself whether or not to return the other. I have about a week to decide. These things are most definitely amazing pieces of technology in a small package but the issues make it not worth it for some people.

I was excited when the Spark was announced and figured I would buy one.  Then ended up buying one for the wife.   But after experiencing all the issues with my Android products i quickly turned to this forum to find i was not the only one.  So after reading a bit, I  quickly learned that the owners are the Beta testers for these devices as firmware are back to back and causing flyaways, loss of drones, etc..   So I figured I would return them and if the bugs are ironed out on Android devices I would buy a Spark again.  But until then these are premature devices for Android users.   I laugh at ALL the frum posts telling Android users to go buy an Ipad Mini 4 etc...  What a joke in today's day of age and the technology available these are the answers.   It looks to me that DJI is in bed with Apple.  No other explanation i could think of.
2018-1-16
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

Excuse me Sir but you are totally wrong, I had issues with 2+1 Mavic (the +1 got cancelled before arriving. Both drones had a blurry right corner) and I am still having issues with my Spark (eventually will sell it making a big loss).

It is really infuriating that you are accusing a member of the forum of being a troll just because you have no issues!

Thanks, man I agree.  It is too much money for me to be a beta tester.  I just retunred the Mavic and one of the sparks for now.  I still have plenty of time to return the other Spark fly more combo.   Thank God for Costco Executive Membership .   
2018-1-16
Use props
TundraLu
lvl.1

United States

Beejay81 Posted at 2018-1-16 05:21
You are in the EU yeah?  you using OTG in 4.1.15 or an FCC hacked app?  No way you can be happy with it with the current apps in a CE region, unless you only ever fly it 100m away.   

Seeing what DJi did from 4.1.15 to 4.1.18 of the app for the spark really annoyed me too.   If they stopped 4.1.15 working with firmware Id be looking to offload mine too.  

You are 100% right as I live in Florida and EVERYONE here has 1 or 2 WIFI AP's in their homes. So WIFI interference is a pain for me.  The OTG would have been better.   My cousin has a Spark running a Samsung Tablet A   on 7.1.1 with V 1.1.15 on OTG without issues but the only thing I saw was the video lag due to the Tablet being older and the processing power was not there.  That is the reason I bought 2 Sparks thinking both our Samsung Tablet S2's would work.  But NOPE.   
2018-1-16
Use props
Strobing_NYC_Sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Uneducated consumers, did you not do some research before you bought? Or did you see the adds of it flying indoors and thought wow that's easy even incan do it? The spark is a GREAT drone for the $$$ hands down. Yes there will be issues with some just like any other mass produced product out there. I for one really enjoy the spark if it's flown withen it's limits I have had zero issues. Seems to me people want a phatom pro 4 out of a spark body. Just not going to happen be happy with what you paid for.
2018-1-16
Use props
Strobing_NYC_Sp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

Oh I should say I use Android as well a Samsung Note 8 and it works great with OTG or without. I always use the remote control always set a home point and always try to keep it in LOS.
2018-1-16
Use props
Bing Err
Captain
Flight distance : 9249964 ft
  • >>>
United States

I understand people have issues. This Troll however comes to the forums just to bitch and run. He already decided to sell all his DJI equipment before even asking for help or trouble shooting his problems. On top of that his post is barely legible.

DJI makes a solid product IF you are able to take the time and learn to use it correctly.
2018-1-16
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-17
Use props
Greg Glasson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-1-17 00:16
In my case there was nothing to learn unfortunatelly... there's a batch of Mavic with defective camera sensors. DJI didn't published anything officially, they are just asking the customers to send new drones in for camera modules replacements. I am not willing to do that, either you issue a formal recall either you don't. The bad thing is that unless you are using a 4/5K monitor you will not easilly identify the issue (I have a Mac 27").

With the Spark the main problem is related to the wifi connection loss in EU. This has been the biggest pain point since the beginning. The Spark is definetely not a "user friendly camera drone" as advertised. Too many issues, too many unexplicable fly-aways. Not everyone is a "certified drone pilot", the majority of people complaining here bought a Spark to have some fun, not to have to study all possible error codes and still loose their drone. Basically the drone should land if the connection is lost or return home AUTOMATICALLY, flying away or crashing into walls / trees because of compass interfeerence shouldn't be the case. The Mavic, being a more "Professional" drone is by far easier to fly than the Spark...

Great. Buy a drone from another company and then you can go and complain on their forums too.
2018-1-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-17
Use props
Hub280zx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492 ft
France

The wole story is between FCC and CE transmission limits.
First thing when raising a problem should be to identify transmission mode used.
I now really establish a link between "relatively satisfied users with FCC", and "really unsatisfied users with CE".
DJI is not helping, as where the requirement for OTG is secondary with FCC, it was much better for CE users when it was still avaliable.
All the claims from CE areas (or most of them) are not involving pilot skills or ignorance.
The Spark is just a total fail with CE transmission and no OTG.
It all relates to distance and altitude limits for safe use under CE regulations.
Please understand that we are talking about 100/120 meters distance with CE wireless transmission!
Now if the tool sold 700 bucks is just for such limitations, DJI should advertize the model differently according to location of use.
That truth would stop all these issues with really unsatisfied skilled drone pilots.
We can all break the laws with FCC use in CE areas, and install transmission under FCC modes...
I am afraid that this solution is changing the result... but against the CE laws!
2018-1-17
Use props
Greg Glasson
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

El Diablo Posted at 2018-1-17 00:33
Great, did you burn many brain cells to write that?

I complain whenever I want, last time I checked you are not paying my bills or my hobbies. You can send me the money for the Spark and I promise you won't see another post from me. Wise ass Aussie 'beach'.

Haha ... sounds like you are getting angry.
2018-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Bing Err Posted at 2018-1-16 21:57
I understand people have issues. This Troll however comes to the forums just to bitch and run. He already decided to sell all his DJI equipment before even asking for help or trouble shooting his problems. On top of that his post is barely legible.

DJI makes a solid product IF you are able to take the time and learn to use it correctly.

I fully concur with what your saying, ridiculous to purchase two sparks then a Mavic (which BTW has no problems) then return , if that’s correct then be done with it what’s he doing around here after the fact, wonder if the wife had any say in the matter.
El Diablo who claims to be a professional photographer and tells us we need to spend €10,000 on a lens , well he’s not very professional when it comes to aerial photography spending €600 and expecting professional results, why not buy a real professional platform like inspire2, that would be the professional thing to do.
2018-1-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

2018-1-18
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

LOL, Divemaster martial arts focused on drowning people in water.  

"focused" get it?  Because,...Mavic,...
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-17 04:24
I fully concur with what your saying, ridiculous to purchase two sparks then a Mavic (which BTW has no problems) then return , if that’s correct then be done with it what’s he doing around here after the fact, wonder if the wife had any say in the matter.
El Diablo who claims to be a professional photographer and tells us we need to spend €10,000 on a lens , well he’s not very professional when it comes to aerial photography spending €600 and expecting professional results, why not buy a real professional platform like inspire2, that would be the professional thing to do.

I'm seriously considering the Inspire 2 Hallmark! Do you have any experience with flying one? Love the drones I already have, including the Mavic Platinum, but looking at the next step.
2018-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 11:39
I'm seriously considering the Inspire 2 Hallmark! Do you have any experience with flying one? Love the drones I already have, including the Mavic Platinum, but looking at the next step.

I have flown it twice and it’s the best aircraft out there, it really has everything , as a flying machine it’s so easy to fly, so fast responsive handles wind so well, it’s on my mind all the time to get one, I will someday some good deals on Combos but you won’t see much change for €8000 if you include cendence Crystalsky etc.
I know MATRICE 200 is very impressive and filled with redundancy I haven’t flown one, I do use old MATRICE 600 not 600 pro , they are great machines but really are just work horses amazing range of camera platforms for them.
But I have to say inspire2 is the best drone for enthusiasts/hobbyists and pros someday I will have one hopefully soon.
2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 11:39
I'm seriously considering the Inspire 2 Hallmark! Do you have any experience with flying one? Love the drones I already have, including the Mavic Platinum, but looking at the next step.

I love my I2, stable, reliable and expensive. I've got both X4 & X5 lenses.  I don't fly it as much as I would like to mainly because as of late most of my flying is more of the hobbyist type.  The I2 requires a bit more planning mainly due to its size and setup time.  In other words its a bit intimidating to fly around others.  I've actually been renting/leasing mine out to a local environmental inspection company for the last 6 or so months.
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-18 14:51
I have flown it twice and it’s the best aircraft out there, it really has everything , as a flying machine it’s so easy to fly, so fast responsive handles wind so well, it’s on my mind all the time to get one, I will someday some good deals on Combos but you won’t see much change for €8000 if you include cendence Crystalsky etc.
I know MATRICE 200 is very impressive and filled with redundancy I haven’t flown one, I do use old MATRICE 600 not 600 pro , they are great machines but really are just work horses amazing range of camera platforms for them.
But I have to say inspire2 is the best drone for enthusiasts/hobbyists and pros someday I will have one hopefully soon.

Thanks so much for your reply Hallmark. It really is so tempting and I know they are not cheap but you get what you pay for in this world (most of the time). I have flown one too, quite unexpectedly, for about 5 minutes and for a drone enthusiast it was like test driving a Ferrari LOL. The Matrice would be well over my head as that is clearly a true industrial grade drone for a pilot of your experience but going from a P4P to the i2 seems the next natural step for me. The X4S seems to have similar specs to the P4P camera so it would have to be the X5S - my wife will kill me unless I can make money from it as a commercial pilot LOL but that means a PfCO qualification... I'm going to have to think hard about this and weigh a few things up... Thanks so much again.
Andrew
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-18 15:02
I love my I2, stable, reliable and expensive. I've got both X4 & X5 lenses.  I don't fly it as much as I would like to mainly because as of late most of my flying is more of the hobbyist type.  The I2 requires a bit more planning mainly due to its size and setup time.  In other words its a bit intimidating to fly around others.  I've actually been renting/leasing mine out to a local environmental inspection company for the last 6 or so months.

Thanks Tviscomi. I can totally appreciate this would not be something to drag over to the local park for a quick flight on a Sunday morning to catch a sun rise but for a commercial operation and professional purpose I can imagine it will be perfect. Though I probably would take it over the park LOL I guess leasing it out as you do is another option. Do you regret buying it? What was your original motive to drop that much on a drone? (if you don't mind me asking).  
2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

A CW Posted at 2018-1-18 15:11
Thanks Tviscomi. I can totally appreciate this would not be something to drag over to the local park for a quick flight on a Sunday morning to catch a sun rise but for a commercial operation and professional purpose I can imagine it will be perfect. Though I probably would take it over the park LOL I guess leasing it out as you do is another option. Do you regret buying it? What was your original motive to drop that much on a drone? (if you don't mind me asking).

I'm a "techie" type guy, thus I always seem to buy the latest & greatest in technology. A business partner & I had plans to open an outdoor FPV facility using all Connex Falcore drones, kinda like a place for kids to have bday parties and corporate team-building, thus shooting video from above with the I2.  With that said, I did get the I2 & X5 at an unbelievably low price from a non-authorized DJI vendor.
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-18 15:29
I'm a "techie" type guy, thus I always seem to buy the latest & greatest in technology. A business partner & I had plans to open an outdoor FPV facility using all Connex Falcore drones, kinda like a place for kids to have bday parties and corporate team-building, thus shooting video from above with the I2.  With that said, I did get the I2 & X5 at an unbelievably low price from a non-authorized DJI vendor.

Thanks for that. I guess establishing a business model or at least plan will form part of buying it. This is advertised as a professional drone and it really seems to be just that. 5.2K with a bitrate of what is it, 4gigs a second... and 6K resolution with the X7. It's no wonder film production companies are buying them. I'm going to think about this as will 100% need to take the PfCO to justify it.
2018-1-18
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules