Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No Fly Zone Database
1813 6 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jliddil
lvl.2

United States

Not sure how I feel about this. How are all the spots verified? Some folks will just start flying in manual mode and hack the DJI software to remove the no lfy zone areas.
https://www.noflyzone.org/
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

I am not sure I like that at all.  Who is to say you are entering your own data?  You could enter the data for your enemy who owns a drone and if it was ever enforced, he could not fly on his own property.  

Honestly, I think this is going a bit too far.  Airports and security areas - okay.  But let just anyone enter data to create a no fly zone?  Trouble IMO.
2015-4-23
Use props
jliddil
lvl.2

United States

Read the FAQ
https://www.noflyzone.org/faq
2015-4-23
Use props
nrgwise
lvl.4

United States

But that is it - I shouldn't have to prove the property is mine AFTER the no fly zone is created.  They should verify the property is mine BEFORE the no fly zone is accepted.  And initially they only require an email to verify for a single property.  That does not mean the property is mine just because I clicked a verification email.
2015-4-23
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

This is a lot of hot air, with no supporting powers at all.
DJI (and all the major manufactures) are not on the participating list.
The T&C clearly state that they do NOT guarantee to stop "drones" flying over your house.
What they intend to do is make up a database of zones (GPS coordinates only) and "sell" them to the manufactures so that they can update their no-fly software.
Panic not, this will never happen....
2015-4-23
Use props
CapitAn
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

lt looks like a data-mining site.
What concerns me more for the future is that our upgrades and future Phantoms will further reduce airspace, eg, like in the prison delivery post that jliddil made. lt'll be taken out of our hands and incorporated into the Phantom itself.
2015-4-23
Use props
jliddil
lvl.2

United States

CapitAn Posted at 2015-4-23 21:39
lt looks like a data-mining site.
What concerns me more for the future is that our upgrades and futu ...

And like DRM software for music etc. the DJI or other software WILL be hacked. The no-fly zone will be made to be disabled. Not if but when
2015-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules