Weird noisy internal fan. broken?
1670 10 2018-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
uralerkut
lvl.1
Switzerland

Greetings!
I have serious worries about my new Spark. I have it for 6 days now and flew it just a few times. Yesterday I flew it once more and it was a bit windy and the Spark drifted quite a bit but didn't crash or whatsoever.
However after landing, I noticed that the internal fan made some funny buzzy noise, but barely noticable. After I got home (like 5mins later) it got louder. Did something got inside or did it break?
I also noticed that the left side of the drone exhaled air from the inside, and the right side didn't. Does the right side inhale then? Or both exhale?

Here is a video of it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gSVHqb4X0bgkwBT9nvIu1HHOm5Fyp32c/view?usp=drivesdk
What do you guys think? I have warranty from where I bought it, but if there is a fix of some sort, I don't want to waste my warranty for this.

Thank you all in advance!
2018-1-15
Use props
Conrod
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hmmm - that's definitely not right. I believe the heads of the bolts that secure the top cover are sealed with glue/threadlocker, so you risk voiding your warranty if you remove them. I suggest you take it back uder warranty.

Regarding the airflow - I tested this on mine with small pieces of tissue paper. Both sides are exhaust ports. It seems to draw air in from underneath near the gimbal.

Alan
2018-1-15
Use props
uralerkut
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi Alan

Thank you so much for your answer!
I guess I have no other choice then taking it to the store I bought it from.
However do you have any clues what could have caused this issue?

Ural
2018-1-15
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

Bad bearings for one thing.
Mine also makes weird noises when twiddling with it, and simultaneously looses speed. but air comes out in both sides.
2018-1-16
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

Your cooling fan is loose and I highly recommend you send this back ASAP before more internal damage occurs. Warm air should exit from both sides of the Drones top cover..
2018-1-16
Use props
uralerkut
lvl.1
United States

Hi Heliman
Okay so you have the same problem I suppose? How did this happen? Did you return it?

Ural
2018-1-16
Use props
uralerkut
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all

Thanks for responding! I will send it back ASAP.

Regards
Ural
2018-1-16
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Same here. It is a little brushless motor. Bearing has too much play and runs dry. Fan wheel can be easily removed. A small amount of Balistol on the shaft ... 10 minutes and he runs silently again, but you will loose warranty!
2018-1-16
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

uralerkut Posted at 2018-1-16 00:12
Hi Heliman
Okay so you have the same problem I suppose? How did this happen? Did you return it?

It was like that from day 1.
It did not return it, because it seems to work anyway.
It has not changed during the 6 months I have had it.
I’ll wait and see how it holds up.
2018-1-16
Use props
uralerkut
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all

Thanks for the tips, but I rather return it and get a new one rather doing something myself. As they could complain that I did some stuff myself and eventually broke it ;)

Regards
Ural
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

uralerkut Posted at 2018-1-16 03:52
Hi all

Thanks for the tips, but I rather return it and get a new one rather doing something myself. As they could complain that I did some stuff myself and eventually broke it ;)

Sir, any buzzy noise when you turn on the drone? Putting it on the flat, rebooting the drone and if no buzzy noise at all, you can continue to use your spark. Please do not shake your spark or tilt your spark to the max angle. It may cause some abnormal noise.
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules