ND filter won't come off gimbal
1875 12 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Isoflur
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1014974 ft
Canada

Hello, I purchase my MPP and have been doing alot of reading about ND filters etc. I was given a starter set with the pruchase of my MPP from the vender which was very nice.  I read up on them and I think i understand the concept of how they work.  
My problem now is I placed the ND16 on my MMP and now it seems I can't get it off with out applying more force that I would like.  Does anybody have any tips on how to safley remove ND filters that won't budge?  I have only had my MPP for a few days and I purchased the refresh etc but I don't want to wreck it to get these filters off.

Any advice is welcomed.

Iso

2018-1-16
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I would put the gimbal clamp in place (if you have not done so already )to give you a little extra protection and apply some force with your nails around the rim of the filter, they can be very tight. I use them but don't actually push them on very far for this reason, they seem to stick like glue to mine even doing this but will come off eventually.
2018-1-16
Use props
Malakai_UK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You will find you are using too much pressure to pull it off. As Bigga J said, put the gimbal clamp back on and hold the camera body so that it doesnt move. Be really really gentle in gripping it, as you grip the filter you are actually squeezing it against the camera and making it harder to take off. The other method is to use a wide rubber band around the filter, just gently pinch it off so the band is gripping the filter and pull gently. The trouble with some of the third party filters is they use a rubber gasket instead of a foam one, the rubber gasket causes a seal that creates a vaccum inside the filter making it really hard to get off. The foam ones let air back in and will come off easier. This is why the offical DJI filters just clip around the edge of the front of the camera.
2018-1-16
Use props
Marty Markoe
First Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same problem with a PolarPro neutral density filters. I made a call, it was answered immediately, and two days later I had a replacement which went on and off easily.
2018-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

All good information.
2018-1-16
Use props
Isoflur
Second Officer
Canada

Woe Posted at 2018-1-16 05:05
All good information.

Thank you for the info, I am on the road now and will try these methods when I get a chance.  

Cheers,
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I find very gently twisting the filter off works better for me than pulling it (with the gimbal clamp on of course).
2018-1-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

with the gimbal guard on put the mavic onto a surface on its back - this will give you better situation to handle the gimbal with one hand and the other hand to manipulate the filter.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Isoflur Posted at 2018-1-18 10:38
Thank you for the info, I am on the road now and will try these methods when I get a chance.  

Cheers,

Sir, I think you should be gentle and patient while removing the filters. Also, I would recommend you use the recommended filter in our website.
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set-new
2018-1-21
Use props
Isoflur
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-21 23:57
Sir, I think you should be gentle and patient while removing the filters. Also, I would recommend you use the recommended filter in our website.
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set
https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-nd-filters-set-new

Thank you I will take your advice once I get this one off safely.

Cheers,
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Isoflur Posted at 2018-1-24 19:50
Thank you I will take your advice once I get this one off safely.

Cheers,

You are welcome. Have fun with your drone.
2018-1-31
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Get the 4 pack version with the ND32 that Elektra linked - great ND filters
2018-1-31
Use props
Isoflur
Second Officer
Canada

Update, I was able to get it off now and I have purchased some DJI ones instead.

Thanks for all the suggestions etc.
2018-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules