Gesture mode
1048 10 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
loritom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

When I tap the battery twice to enter the gesture mode nothing happens at all. I had no problem before,maybe a hardware problem? Thanks

2018-1-16
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Does the camera move up and down and try to read your face or does it literally do nothing?
2018-1-16
Use props
loritom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 56 ft
United States

Yes, the camera responds
2018-1-16
Use props
dj_dread
Second Officer
Flight distance : 648399 ft
Romania

have you tried to have the mobile conected while you are doing that to see if any error messages are popping up on the screen?
2018-1-16
Use props
ryanharrison
lvl.2
United States

connect your spark to your phone, or to the controller, whichever you have. in the menus, there should be an option that says "enable advanced gesture control" or something like that. Enable that, power down remote/phone and drone, and then try. also note that you have to power on the drone before double tapping the power button to enable gesture mode.
2018-1-16
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

New battery?  A new battery without the firmware update?  Mine looked at me blankly and wouldn't take off in gesture mode because of that.
2018-1-16
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

is double tapping the drone for gesture mode just added? because I did not read anything about this
2018-1-16
Use props
MKPSG12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 341073 ft
United Kingdom

Its how you hand launch the Spark and if you hand launch it automatically goes into Gesture mode (or at least mine does).

Mine has failed to hand launch a few times. Like yours the camera searches up and down to recognise you but doesn't, an error message will appear on your phone/device screen and just just try again. Obviously make sure the AC/RC/batteries all have the latest firmware on them.
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_AelmS8J
lvl.1
Denmark

You need to turn the drone on, and than touch twice
2018-1-17
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Try turning off beginner mode.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Loritom, please ensure that the drone detact your face successfully. Please tell me the colour of the indicator of your drone. Keep us updated, thanks.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules