847 6 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,as it says its my first post.

I bought my phantom standard just before Christmas at a good price.

Only been airborne once as I take baby steps.

One thing which bothers me is the small screen size on my iphone se. As a result Ive considered buying a new phone with a larger screen.

I can get another iphone but was more interested in LG G6 but fear android it will not work as well as Ios not least because manufacturers mess with the os.

Any thoughts or ideally looking for someone who uses the LG G6 without issue.

Cheers
D
2018-1-16
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

Why use a or buy another phone when you have a perfectly good phone, buy a tablet or phablet with a bigger and better screen if you want to stick with iOS then one of the iPad minis. If you want a cheap solution that works and don't mind android the Nexus7 2nd gen can be bought on flea bay for about £60, it works and works well with a P3P and P4.
2018-1-16
Use props
Wrenny1969
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23366 ft
United Kingdom

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-16 11:40
Why use a or buy another phone when you have a perfectly good phone, buy a tablet or phablet with a bigger and better screen if you want to stick with iOS then one of the iPad minis. If you want a cheap solution that works and don't mind android the Nexus7 2nd gen can be bought on flea bay for about £60, it works and works well with a P3P and P4.

Yes I have been asking myself the same question. I am currently using a lenovo tablet.  It's has 2gb ram android version 7.1.1 and a snapdragon 425 processor .  I might test this using the dji app.
I know the above tablet is not a high performer but I busted the screen on my Asus Zena 3s which was of higher spec and which might still be repairable.
2018-1-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

I hav a MPQC for 100 bucks and it´s running the app not very fast but stable and the delay of the life feed is 0,3 secs, The iOS problems are nearly fixed with version 11.2.2 and the app reacts normal.
2018-1-16
Use props
Nebicaneser
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use LG G3 S for my phantom 3 SE, and it work perfect
2018-1-17
Use props
Guvnor 1970
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2719022 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same problem so I bought myself a new bracket & now I use my iPad it's a bit heavy so I use a lanyard with it but the picture is crystal clear & I can easily see the controls.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Wrenny1969 Posted at 2018-1-16 11:51
Yes I have been asking myself the same question. I am currently using a lenovo tablet.  It's has 2gb ram android version 7.1.1 and a snapdragon 425 processor .  I might test this using the dji app.
I know the above tablet is not a high performer but I busted the screen on my Asus Zena 3s which was of higher spec and which might still be repairable.

Thanks for clarification. For the mobile devices that have not been fully tested, I'm afraid that the performance can not be ensured. It is suggested to test at your end before making the decision.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules