HELP: About the firmware (P3S)
1078 17 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walktofuture
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi there i have a question about the firmware update. when i connect to aircraft everything works great but app says i should upgrade firmware. i want download package (unfortunately i cant bcs there is firmware update failed message) from the website. On website latest firmware for P3S v01.09.0200  and i have  v1.9.20+  in DJI App. What should i do ? Can you help me ?

Thanks for reply
Cheers!
2018-1-16
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

1.09.0200 is the same as the 1.9.20+. What app version is on your mobile ?
2018-1-16
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Think he already has the latest firmware.
2018-1-16
Use props
walktofuture
lvl.1
Turkey

Peterx Posted at 2018-1-16 14:42
1.09.0200 is the same as the 1.9.20+. What app version is on your mobile ?

my app version is  3.1.23. if v1.09.0200 same like v1.9.20+ why DJI Go app shows message  "firmware required " when i connect to aircraft.  also when i open the app  i see "new firmware available p3 standart 1.9.20 " on main menu. if i have latest firmware why i have this message ? Weird.
2018-1-17
Use props
walktofuture
lvl.1
Turkey

Thats interesting i ll share all screenshots for you guys check it.

this is my main menu when i click download button i have error message like this.

possible i have to download firmware to sd card and update manual way.

this is when i click status bar where i can check everything.

weird bcs i had 1.9.20 version yesterday and today i have version like this. i didnt downgrade i didnt download or change something.

2018-1-17
Use props
walktofuture
lvl.1
Turkey

edit: yesterday i read forum and people wrote and say dont update drone because its effected distance i dont know is that true or not but i wonder should i update firmware or stay like this and fly like this ? im afraid there
2018-1-17
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

you need to connect to your home wifi to update if you are on phantoms wifi thats why you get the error message it could not connect When its finished downloading the firm ware then onnect to the phantom wifi and do the update
2018-1-17
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

If the P3 flies well, you dont have to update the firmware. If you're not comfortable with the process, and it flies ok, it aint broke , dont fix it as we say.
2018-1-17
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

It´s strange,i have the fw 1.09.0200 and got no message to upgrade that.
2018-1-18
Use props
walktofuture
lvl.1
Turkey

Rene Jensen Posted at 2018-1-17 13:28
you need to connect to your home wifi to update if you are on phantoms wifi thats why you get the error message it could not connect  When its finished downloading the firm ware then onnect to the phantom wifi and do the update

i connect to home wifi. even i watched tutorial in dji official youtube channel and i have this error message. when i connect to aircraft and try download i have no internet connection error message. i try all combination but result same.  i tried uninstall app after uninstall delete all dji files and install one more time. nothing change.
2018-1-18
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

the rc light is it solid green?? if its solid red you need to relink the rc to ac
2018-1-18
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Germany

If you want to upgrade then you´ll need to do following steps.
1. Charge all three components of the system: RC,AC battery and your mobile to minimal 90%,not less.
2. power up your RC->AC -> mobile and start the app. The message is popping up .
3. Tab <upgrade now> ,the download button has to be shown up. Do not tab yet. Change to the home WIFI and wait for connection to it. Now tab download,and the mobile is downloading the bin-file to its internal SD card. Wait for the message <Download complete Update now> should has been show up.
4.change back to the Phantoms WIFI and then tab the upgrade button. The update process begins.

Note All three components must be powered on and do not let anything or anyone disturb that process. If you have then use a notebook cooler or a fan to cool the cam of the bird.
2018-1-21
Use props
fans71f21979
New

United States

I just did the new update and now it will not fly over 100 feet and no farther than 30 yards out
2018-1-21
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Log out , then log in again.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

walktofuture Posted at 2018-1-18 02:20
i connect to home wifi. even i watched tutorial in dji official youtube channel and i have this error message. when i connect to aircraft and try download i have no internet connection error message. i try all combination but result same.  i tried uninstall app after uninstall delete all dji files and install one more time. nothing change.

Sir, please ensure that your RC is the latest firmware. The situation will be forwarded. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

walktofuture Posted at 2018-1-18 02:20
i connect to home wifi. even i watched tutorial in dji official youtube channel and i have this error message. when i connect to aircraft and try download i have no internet connection error message. i try all combination but result same.  i tried uninstall app after uninstall delete all dji files and install one more time. nothing change.

I would recommend you connect your AC with app first and then switch to the Internet access. Reconnect the app again and see if it works. Thanks for your patience and please keep us updated.
2018-2-7
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

walktofuture,

I maybe way off here because I am new, but have you checked to see if (after the download) it has you in "Beginners mode"  which restricts your distance & Height?
2018-2-7
Use props
Amateur Droner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6411 ft

United States

Sorry, that post was meant for fans71f21979.
2018-2-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules