This is RIDICULOUS. DJI Broke my remote and is charging me for it
2573 22 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user0759266921
lvl.1
United States

I have an open case with DJI for the following Issue:

Morning: Connect everything fine, fly Mavic around to make sure everything is in working order.

Set Drone down to begin upgrading Firmware on both aircraft and controller.

Firmware upgrade for Mavic works fine through DJI Go 4 Application on iPhone 6s+

Upgrading Firmware to the most recent version. Controller crashes halfway through. Remote will no longer connect to Mobile Application. Remote will no longer connect to DJI Assistant for Computer.

Remote will not manually pair to aircraft.

Switch Aircraft to WiFi mode and make sure it still flys with phone over wifi. It works.

Try again with remote, no connecting.

Send in to DJi this is the response I got:

"Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is  out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy.  Damage not caused by product Dear Customer malfunction. We'll either  repair it or replace it with a product  that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability  after payment has been received."

Payment is $196.00 to replace a remote that worked fine until trying to update the firmware.

Am I out of luck? What's the deal? Has anyone else had this problem with Tech Support or repairs? I would NOT have tried to upgrade firmware if I knew this was going to happen. I couldn't even try downgrading firmware because when the remote crashed during upgrade it wouldn't even be recognized by anything else. Even tried a bunch of chords to make sure it wasn't the chord.

2018-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That really sucks. My question is have you tried to bind the controller. I’m asking because you connected to WiFi but I didn’t read you tried to rebind.
2018-1-16
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Woe Posted at 2018-1-16 15:23
That really sucks. My question is have you tried to bind the controller. I’m asking because you connected to WiFi but I didn’t read you tried to rebind.

He actually wrote; "Remote will not manually pair to aircraft."
So I believe he tried that.
2018-1-16
Use props
HeyJeremyG
lvl.1
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-16 15:34

I did try to rebind.
2018-1-16
Use props
ibuyufo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819098 ft
United States

Did you try to update with dji assistant 2 using the computer?
2018-1-16
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

What version did you upgrade from ??  I ask this as people that had not upgraded for a while but want to go past V1.4.0100 have had issues due to this version upgrade being quite large so I would challenge DJI on that point if this is the case.
I would also post a message to one of the admin's here as they are very good at helping.  @DJI Mindy @DJI Thore etc
2018-1-16
Use props
HeyJeremyG
lvl.1
United States

ibuyufo Posted at 2018-1-16 16:29
Did you try to update with dji assistant 2 using the computer?

I tried the remote with the DJIGo4 App. It crashed halfway through and then tried to plug into the DJI A2 with the computer and it wouldn't even recognize the remote. BUT it DID recognize the aircraft.
2018-1-16
Use props
HeyJeremyG
lvl.1
United States

Anthony566 Posted at 2018-1-16 16:34
What version did you upgrade from ??  I ask this as people that had not upgraded for a while but want to go past V1.4.0100 have had issues due to this version upgrade being quite large so I would challenge DJI on that point if this is the case.
I would also post a message to one of the admin's here as they are very good at helping.  @DJI Mindy @DJI Thore etc

Thank you. I don't remember specifically what version to the newest because I regularly update and make sure everything is up to date. This update was in December 17' and the Update before that was from July 17'
2018-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-16 15:34

Only giving advice. Smart remarks are not necessary.
2018-1-16
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Woe Posted at 2018-1-16 17:00
Only giving advice. Smart remarks are not necessary.

I actually did not try to do that. Sorry if it could be perceived as such.
2018-1-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-1-16 17:06
I actually did not try to do that. Sorry if it could be perceived as such.

No problem.
2018-1-16
Use props
fansddafc7c1
New
United States

I have a similar issue. Not for sure if it is DJI's fault or not. I got the drone earlier this morning. When I took it out of the box, 2 propellers were already attached to the front of the drone. I read all manuals, tutorials, and charged everything. As soon as I took off for the first time, the w front propellers which were already installed, flew off the drone. When the drone fell, the camera cover broke. Has anyone had this problem?
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Jeremy, I'm so sorry to read on your post, we apologize for the confusion and trouble caused, could you please provide me the case number? I will check the evaluation and make it clear for you, thank you.
2018-1-16
Use props
HeyJeremyG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 18:15
Jeremy, I'm so sorry to read on your post, we apologize for the confusion and trouble caused, could you please provide me the case number? I will check the evaluation and make it clear for you, thank you.

Thank you @Mindy. Messaging you now.
2018-1-16
Use props
Jyunte
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

fansddafc7c1 Posted at 2018-1-16 18:10
I have a similar issue. Not for sure if it is DJI's fault or not. I got the drone earlier this morning. When I took it out of the box, 2 propellers were already attached to the front of the drone. I read all manuals, tutorials, and charged everything. As soon as I took off for the first time, the w front propellers which were already installed, flew off the drone. When the drone fell, the camera cover broke. Has anyone had this problem?

The Mavic usually comes with the two propellers already attached, as you found out. It's up to the pilot to do a pre-flight check to make sure everything is properly attached and in good working order before taking off. I don't think you can blame DJI for this one. Sorry. The camera cover (the clear plastic dome?) broke? You don't need it, and shouldn't fly with it on anyway as it just adds glare to your photos and images. I hope you took off the gimbal clamp before powering on your aircraft?
2018-1-16
Use props
HeyJeremyG
lvl.1
United States

Sorry to be insensitive, but I don't believe this is a similar issue.
2018-1-16
Use props
fansddafc7c1
New
United States

I did remove the gimbal clamp but I wanted to leave the cover on just in case. Now that I have calmed down a bit, sorry for getting upset and I realize it wasn't their fault. Thanks
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

This is unfortunate to read on, but like Jyunte mentioned, the front propellers are usually attached when you got the Mavic. Customer should do a pre-flight check to make sure everything is in good condition.
Here is the tutorial video for your reference:
May I know the propellers fell out at the first beginning of the flight or after a moment?
2018-1-16
Use props
fansddafc7c1
New
United States

I did the auto take off thing and it got up to the 3 feet and stayed there for around 2 seconds then they came off
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HeyJeremyG Posted at 2018-1-16 18:23
Thank you @Mindy. Messaging you now.

PM received with thanks, per the case log, the RC has been out of warranty, thus customer will need to pay for the repair. warranty period.png
But I will escalate the case to local team to double evaluate to see if there is anything further we can do for you, we will have someone to contact you after diagnosis, appreciate your pateince.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansddafc7c1 Posted at 2018-1-16 18:44
I did the auto take off thing and it got up to the 3 feet and stayed there for around 2 seconds then they came off

Appreciate your quick update, then I recommend to contact our support in working hours to start a ticket for data analysis, we will do our best to make it clear for you.
2018-1-16
Use props
HeyJeremyG
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-1-16 18:47
PM received with thanks, per the case log, the RC is out of warranty, thus customer will need to pay for the repair.[view_image]
But I will escalate the case to local team to double evaluate, we will have someone to contact you after diagnosis, appreciate your pateince.

Thank you for escalating this to the local team. My gripe is that had I not been forced for this remote firmware update, I would be safely flying my aircraft now. However, that is not the case.

I appreciate your help and hopefully we can get this figured out and troubleshooted so it doesn't happen to any other pilots in the community.
2018-1-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HeyJeremyG Posted at 2018-1-16 18:54
Thank you for escalating this to the local team. My gripe is that had I not been forced for this remote firmware update, I would be safely flying my aircraft now. However, that is not the case.

I appreciate your help and hopefully we can get this figured out and troubleshooted so it doesn't happen to any other pilots in the community.

You are welcome, we also sympathize with your situation, hope the issue will get sorted out soon.
2018-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules