Spark Live Video Lag
13552 17 2018-1-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Just For Fun
lvl.2
Flight distance : 337779 ft
United States

I have about 6 hours of flight time on my spark all so far have been good experiences as this is my first drone so i am new to this.
The last 2 times i have flown it my live video transmission has been terrible. I am on current firmware on drone, remote, Display source.(Ipad mini 4 and Iphone 6s) I tried both today. I know this has been discussed alot but it seems odd that i have not experienced to much lag or connection loss until recently. Today even at only 80 to 200ft away i could not even complete one of the quick shot modes without the ipad glitching or the drone cancling the mode.

I have flown in this area at least 2 other times without issue. Usually i would not start getting lag until 600ft or so away. (never really go past this) OTG cable did help some, but it seems they are going backwards with this update. i could even bring the drone within 50ft of me and it would still lag. After a battery swap it would act somewhat normal for a bit.

I was getting no warnings or errors.
Curious if anyone else has started to see issues since last app and remote firmware? If so any recomendations on a fix.

2018-1-16
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

may I ask what the weather conditions are? Colder conditions can impact the video feed and can sometimes shut an iOS device down
2018-1-16
Use props
Just For Fun
lvl.2
United States

SOUNDWAVE439 Posted at 2018-1-16 18:06
may I ask what the weather conditions are? Colder conditions can impact the video feed and can sometimes shut an iOS device down

It was about 55 degrees here today and the the day before about 50
2018-1-16
Use props
Spark23
First Officer
Flight distance : 70577 ft
United States

Just For Fun Posted at 2018-1-16 19:22
It was about 55 degrees here today and the the day before about 50

I’ve encountered  the same transmission issues with the latest app and firmware. Running an iPhone 8 Plus with the latest version of iOS. Sadly I don’t have a prior frame of reference for app/FW, and my connection has been rather crappy since purchase 2 weeks ago. I will likely return my Spark soon unless a fix is released. Disappointed, because I otherwise love the small size
2018-1-16
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Flight distance : 198904 ft
Canada

For me I notice this when I power up the Spark indoors where there's a bunch of WiFi interference around. If you're flying in an area that has lots of potential WiFi interference, try manually selecting the WiFi channel/frequency to see if that gives better results.

Outside away from buildings and so forth it's all good, no lag or disconnection problems for me. Latest app latest firmware, using WiFi.
2018-1-16
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 725961 ft
Australia

My spark does the same thing. It seems to be hopping to a channel that is too heavily populated and causing video lag and artfacts to appear in the live stream. If i select manual it wont let me apply the change from auto to manual or manually select a channel. If i turn remote off and back on it seems to come good until it jumps to yet another congested channel. Problem with the dji go 4 app and channel priority.
2018-1-17
Use props
Just For Fun
lvl.2
United States

Firehawk989 Posted at 2018-1-16 20:51
For me I notice this when I power up the Spark indoors where there's a bunch of WiFi interference around. If you're flying in an area that has lots of potential WiFi interference, try manually selecting the WiFi channel/frequency to see if that gives better results.

Outside away from buildings and so forth it's all good, no lag or disconnection problems for me. Latest app latest firmware, using WiFi.

I will try the manual channel selection. There is not a lot of interference where i was flying a few houses 70 to 80 yards away. I have a short screen recording but it won't let me upload.
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Mine is lagging mostly after recording a video. That would suggest a caching problem maybe. Will do some experimenting and see if i can resolve it and post my results for others
2018-1-17
Use props
Just For Fun
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_Qv6SgFS Posted at 2018-1-17 15:13
Mine is lagging mostly after recording a video. That would suggest a caching problem maybe. Will do some experimenting and see if i can resolve it and post my results for others

I think you may be correct. Looking back at my screen recordings i was about 500ft away and switched to camera mode and the video seemed to take the pano shot clearly, then i turned around and clicked record it started to glitch and cut out again.

I have a brand new iPad mini 4 128gb i just cleared cache was almost 4gb worth so will see if that helps.
2018-1-17
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

Also try formatting the SD card inside the spark using the Go4 app. I've heard that can help too. Back up your stuff first if there's anything on there obviously.
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Its either caching issue or channel prioritizing. It seems to like to hop from a clear channel to congested channels for no good reason. On android you cant even configure manual channels it has the auto and manual button but won't allow you to choose a channel.... or maybe the app has too many memory leaks and the data stream isnt being dumped correctly in real time. I downgraded to 4.4.1.15 or what ever it is and by the looks the firmware has nerfed it so most of the cool features wont work. Otg does however work and is almost latency free. But the app binds up and eventually disconnects you from the drone. Dji Please fix these issues
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Seems to be okay for now, lag spikes from time to time or the app lags out sometimes but otherwise its going okay at the moment.
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_Qv6SgFS
lvl.3
Australia

Might be because i use a Samsung Galaxy S5 ... anyone else have the same issue?
2018-1-17
Use props
SOUNDWAVE439
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115597 ft
United States

Have you tried calibrating the IMU? If not then I suggest you do it first
2018-1-18
Use props
Firehawk989
Second Officer
Canada

Do you have a different device to try? Tried stopping running apps?
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Spark23 Posted at 2018-1-16 20:44
I’ve encountered  the same transmission issues with the latest app and firmware. Running an iPhone 8 Plus with the latest version of iOS. Sadly I don’t have a prior frame of reference for app/FW, and my connection has been rather crappy since purchase 2 weeks ago. I will likely return my Spark soon unless a fix is released. Disappointed, because I otherwise love the small size

Sir, just to verify, did you wear any bluetooth device with you? I would recommend you not shield the antenna of RC. Please try to fly in a wide place without interfernce. I would recommend you enter wifi setting and check if most of the channels are green. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-19
Use props
Spark in the Park
lvl.3
Australia

All problems seem to be resolved with latest Version of the go app xD Thankyou very much DJI am once again a very happy customer xD Wish i could afford a Mavic Air they look like a lot of fun !!!!
2018-2-10
Use props
Hart Clepper
New

United States

okay so i was litteraly talking to somebody at dji last night and what you actually need to do is get out of the new firmware and actually downgrade
2019-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules