Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Intermittent Radio Channel Quality (good - poor)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guy's, apologies if this has been asked already on another thread. I've taken ownership of a second hand DJI Phantom 3 Advanced (aircraft flown once and boxed). I'm new to DJI (but not to drones) I managed to update the firmware on both the controller and the aircraft (thanks to YouTube). All seems to check out ok, however, I have noticed the following;

With the controller and the aircraft powered up and the DJI app connected at home on the kitchen table, I'm getting the 'Radio Channel Quality' switching between 'good and poor'; (good - poor - good -- poor) etc .The live video quality is laggy and pixels as it drops to poor

Would you expect that? (I've read on a number of articles that it’s related to interference at home – Wi-Fi routers, local Wi-Fi signals etc), but it doesn’t sound correct to me, especially when the controller and aircraft are literally next to one another (I haven’t taken said aircraft outside yet as the weather is shockingly cr*p at the moment).

Any thoughts or any previous experiences would help

Many thanks

/Chris

2018-1-17
Use props
PeteHB
Second Officer

France

Yes inside with neighbours routers and other stuff it's nearly always like that for me once outside in an electrically clean environment always much better.
2018-1-17
Use props
Chris_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6142 ft
United Kingdom

Ok, thanks for information Pete

I'll do some range tests once the weather improves.

Regards

Chris
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Chris, it is recommended to check the performance in the outdoor without interference. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks!
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules