Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Downloading picture iusb
823 5 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Seychelles

I bought a usb stick (micro sd and sd to lighting) which is pretty great to transfer my pictures and videos from my spark to my iPad while I’m on vacation. Therefore I don’t need a laptop with me all the time. It’s a pretty cool way of doing things, only that the iusb app that comes with the usb stick stopped working yesterday. I have no idea what happened, i didn’t update anything, all is the same. Crappy app I guess.

Well so now I’m wondering on other ways to transfer my files to my iPad.

I read the manual, but unfortunately there is no info on file transfer.
I was wondering if I can get full quality pictures and videos if I transfer directly from the spark to the iPad through WiFi. When I’m in the DJI app while the drone is on, I can view the images (not the editor). There I can download the images. After the download they are saved on my camera roll on my iPad and the quality is a lot better than before I downloaded the images! I’m just not sure they are full quality!

Any ideas?
2018-1-17
Use props
Lee Moon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61850 ft
United States

As far as I know, the wifi transfer directly from the Spark to your iPad will give you the full resolution media files.  The DJI Go 4 app displays the 720p cached videos until you select the original micro SD card versions for download to the iPad.
Others will correct me if I'm wrong.
I'm using a couple of Apple cables to get my footage either directly from the Spark (lightning to USB cable) or the micro SD card (lightning to SD card cable.)  They both work well.  I also do the direct wifi transfer as you mention and that works well as long as I have enough battery power left (or plug the Spark in to charge.)
Hope some of this is useful!
2018-1-17
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I hope no one will have to correct you, but if someone has more info, I’d be glad to hear it!
I have an otg cable from lightning to usb, but it’s too short to connect iPad to spark, so I left it at home So I hope someone can confirm the full resolution when transferring through WiFi!

2018-1-17
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

Can anyone confirm that downloading the images through WiFi from the spark gives full resolution pictures and videos?

Since my other method of getting full res pictures does not work as of 2 days, I’m wondering if I can download the images and then delete them from the drone, to get some more space on my sd card.
It would be very sad to not have the full Res images since some of this pictures are beautiful!

Or maybe someone can point me to a document explaining file transfer with the spark..?
2018-1-17
Use props
rickysuperdog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 929429 ft
Hong Kong

You will get full res. of video and images if download from Go4 using Wifi to RC or OTG cable to RC and connected to the Spark
2018-1-17
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Seychelles

Awesome, that sounds good!
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules