Breaking out of Litchi waypoints mission
8672 13 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

I know that you can break out of a waypoints mission by either pausing it or going into sport mode but has anyone done this? and if you have do you get full control in spots mode, does the drone stop and allow you to pilot manually?
Just a question to save me trying it out on a safe mission before I run one that may get a bit close to a tree.
2018-1-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just switch to sport then P mode fly wherever you want.
2018-1-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Agree with the Captain, switching to Sport takes you out of the Litchi waypoint mission.
2018-1-17
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

JMR58 Posted at 2018-1-17 09:08
Agree with the Captain, switching to Sport takes you out of the Litchi waypoint mission.

And you definitely don't return to it if you switch back to P mode?
2018-1-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

Switching to Sport will stop AC and hover, waiting your next command, switching to P will not bring you back to Litchi waypoint mission.
For pausing the mission you hit the "pause" button on your screen in the app, same way to resume.
2018-1-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

PeteHB Posted at 2018-1-17 10:47
And you definitely don't return to it if you switch back to P mode?

https://flylitchi.com/help

You can download manual in French also, enjoy
2018-1-17
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

JMR58 Posted at 2018-1-17 11:34
https://flylitchi.com/help

You can download manual in French also, enjoy

OK I am being lazy, is there anyway that you could hit pause or switch to S mode modify the aircraft position then continue with the mission?
2018-1-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

To my mind i think you have to correct the waypoints in the app and save it as a complete new mission, but the DJi 4 app gives you also a lot of opportunities with your Phantom!
2018-1-17
Use props
fans987d278a
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

JMR58 Posted at 2018-1-17 11:56
To my mind i think you have to correct the waypoints in the app and save it as a complete new mission, but the DJi 4 app gives you also a lot of opportunities with your Phantom!

If i hit pause in a Litchi mission, Mavic instantly stops where it is, hitting pause again the mission starts right up from where it left off.
To get out of a Litchi mission, i have to hit pause, & then flip to Sport mode to take over control.
I just did this exact thing today, i was halfway through a rather long Litchi mission when it started to snow, like allot! I hit pause & my bird stopped, i had VLOS, & i kinda panicked when i realized she was not responding to my stick inputs, i hit pause again & off she went to next waypoint, to gain control i flipped to P mode & flew her back to me
2018-1-17
Use props
JMR58
First Officer
  • >>>
Belgium

fans987d278a Posted at 2018-1-17 12:46
If i hit pause in a Litchi mission, Mavic instantly stops where it is, hitting pause again the mission starts right up from where it left off.
To get out of a Litchi mission, i have to hit pause, & then flip to Sport mode to take over control.
I just did this exact thing today, i was halfway through a rather long Litchi mission when it started to snow, like allot! I hit pause & my bird stopped, i had VLOS, & i kinda panicked when i realized she was not responding to my stick inputs, i hit pause again & off she went to next waypoint, to gain control i flipped to P mode & flew her back to me

I think you are maybe mixing 2 different commands...
1-While in mission flight: Hit the Pause will PAUSE the mission until the next Hit on the Go button..to continue the mission..
2-While in mission flight: Switch to Sport will abort the loaded Litchi mission and AC will hover, flip to P gives you control.
I don't know what the result of a combined Pause and Sport switch in a mission is, but i will try this out soon.
The Dji GO 4 app has also some fantastic automated flights developed for your Phantom ;)!
Fly safe
JM

2018-1-17
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

JMR58 Posted at 2018-1-17 13:39
I think you are maybe mixing 2 different commands...
1-While in mission flight: Hit the Pause will PAUSE the mission until the next Hit on the Go button..to continue the mission..
2-While in mission flight: Switch to Sport will abort the loaded Litchi mission and AC will hover, flip to P gives you control.

Thanks for that cleared up a potential problem so that I don't have to physically fly over a tree that I have in a mission to assess it's exact hight, I can guess and if necessary abort and try again. Pity I can't just fly manually and then restart the mission but you can't have everything in life that would be boring.
2018-1-17
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

You can pre-plan your mission and set your altitude relative to the terrain, which is a must of you are flying in mountainous conditions as the Phantom calculates it's altitude based on the Home Point elevation. If not you stand a good chance of flying into the side of a hill, especially if you have target fixation on you mobile device. This works great for planning those type of missions.

2018-1-17
Use props
PeteHB
lvl.4

France

QuadKid Posted at 2018-1-17 15:29
You can pre-plan your mission and set your altitude relative to the terrain, which is a must of you are flying in mountainous conditions as the Phantom calculates it's altitude based on the Home Point elevation. If not you stand a good chance of flying into the side of a hill, especially if you have target fixation on you mobile device. This works great for planning those type of missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nEhjHukM3k&t=4s

Yes I know that is why I wanted to be sure about being able to exit a mission and possibly rejoin it, ground elevation whilst being relatively accurate does not take into account trees which have to be estimated in hight.
2018-1-17
Use props
fansa63ecec8
lvl.3
Flight distance : 10657192 ft
  • >>>
United States

good question
2019-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now