Do I need to perform any procedures after crash
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_HM3Ed95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81886 ft

United Kingdom

Just a quick question im new here,i have flown my 3DR with reasonable results so decided on getting an Inspire which id flown a few times and it was great,on my last flight i decided that id try some flying low level low speed,not realising as it approached the home point i touched a landing leg on the floor and crashed.I damaged the zenmuse and q side of landing gear roatated,ive fixed the landing gear and ive now got the camera coming back but is there any set up procedure as i tried a small flight without the camera and it launced,hovered for about 3 seconds then decided it was going to go crazy,please someone help me sort this little issue out. Much thanks and looking forward to learning a lot from you people.
2018-1-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>
United States

i would check all 4 motors for debris. spin by hand and feel/listen for anything that would suspect something inside. also that they spin freely startup with no props and listen that they all sound the same. can accelerate like taking off for a brief bit and be fine. other than that i would inspect the center arm mounts for cracks, and bending of worm gear
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Hi, sir. Sorry for the crash. What is the model of your drone? Any error message when your drone goes wrong? If it continues to act abnormally, I would recommend you send it back for further check. Here is the pre flight checklist for your reference.
pre flight inspire.JPG
2018-1-17
Use props
djiuser_HM3Ed95
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81886 ft

United Kingdom

I've checked all of those and it's OK no error messages at all, tbh I was checking it was OK in a warehouse so I'll try it outside next time I've carried out a calibration aswell, thanks for the replies it's much appreciated.
2018-1-18
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_HM3Ed95 Posted at 2018-1-18 08:35
I've checked all of those and it's OK no error messages at all, tbh I was checking it was OK in a warehouse so I'll try it outside next time I've carried out a calibration aswell, thanks for the replies it's much appreciated.

What calibrations have you performed? Compass? IMU?
After a crash, you should certainly cross-check your sensor reading to see how the IMU and compass are performing.

With everything powered on, open the GO App and select the Main Controller Settings, which is the quad drone icon on the top header section. Down at the bottom select Advanced Settings and then select SENSORS. You'll see the IMU Gyroscope and Accelerometers plus the Compass. The far right column, MOD value, is the key evaluation of you sensors.  This value provides a tolerance measure for the sensor accuracy. On a  generally level surface, your MOD values should read 0.00 for the gyroscope, 1.00 for acceleration due to gravity and the compass between 1250 and 1500. If outside these normal values, perform an IMU calibration if the gyro or accelerometers are out of tolerance and a compass calibration if the compass reads significantly higher than 1500...
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules