CSC not starting motors after latest firmware update.
652 11 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GertMEI
Flight distance : 753907 ft

South Africa

I recently did the latest firmware update on my Phantom 4 Pro  and after that everything works except the CSC to start the motors. I  now have to use the Auto take off on the App. Will it be a problem  flying like that. There are no error messages on the screen. Is there a  way I can fix this?
2018-1-17
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Well, that's one I don't recall seeing yet.  Try refreshing the firmware.
2018-1-17
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RC calibration ?
2018-1-17
Use props
GertMEI

South Africa

I have downgraded, upgraded again, did RC calibration but the CSC don't work. The drone fly well although with no problems.
I will try the refreshing firmware.
2018-1-18
Use props
GertMEI

South Africa

I refreshed the Firmware but still the same.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

GertMEI Posted at 2018-1-18 10:08
I refreshed the Firmware but still the same.

Sir, did you upgrade your RC successfully? Please ensure that both your AC and RC are the latest firmware. Also, please tell me the light of the indictor of your RC. If it is red, please try to relink it with AC.
2018-1-18
Use props
GertMEI

South Africa

Hi DJi Elektra.  The update was succesfull. the update was done as shown in all the videos. Everything on the drone is working, no error messages. the only thing wrong is the CSC input is not starting the motors. The controller connect to the aircraft. I even did that linking, the controller connects to aircraft but that did not help. My question is now if it is going to be a problem warranty wise to fly the drone without that function or will it be resolved in a next update.
2018-1-19
Use props
GertMEI

South Africa

2018-1-19
Use props
DrohneMann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 87415 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why does DJI keep releasing faulty firmware, which leads to people having terrible experiences,  and I just don't understand. Hope you get your drone back in the air again and figure out what the issue is. It could be a faulty aircraft and how many times have you flown it since you purchased your Phantom.  
2018-1-19
Use props
GertMEI

South Africa

The Drone was bought beginning of January 2018. there was no fault with the drone, its was after the update that I could not start the motors with the CSC. The drone still fly with Auto lift off with no errors except the CSC fault.
2018-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's another ghost in the machine.

Weird glitches are becoming more common these days.

It will probably have to be returned for exchange, or if that option has expired, sent in for DJI service.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-19
Use props
GertMEI

South Africa

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Took the Drone to a shop where I bought a bait dropper. While the sales guy looked he finally saw something that I did not think about. I had a remote control damper on the throttle stick and that made that after the update the input of the stick where no enough. we took it off and gone was my problem. Thanks to everyone trying to help. If you hear about this problem ask also if the controller have a damper on the stick. I dont know why it did not want to work with it on after the update as it worked with the damper on before the update. I left it off now. I'm happy again.
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules