Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
potentially defective X5S, blurry/stretched edge
1216 11 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ski
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

does anyone elses X5S stretch the image along the few edge pixels? About half of my shots from my X5S have this issue and now that I've seen it its hard to un-see

heres a video to demonstrate what I'm talking about:
edit: go to 0:30 seconds in the vid to see it zoomed in

2018-1-17
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's next to impossible to see this on YouTube publication. Try to extract a single full resolution frame from rough footage and post here to examine.
2018-1-17
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I think I see it on the reds of the trees or bushes on the lower left where it looks like it rolls off the edge like a waterfall effect?  Is that it?

I haven't noticed it on my X5S yet.  Could it be your editing software is adding it somehow?  I'd try another editor to be certain.
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Ski, is it the original video? Please provide us the original video. You can upload to Youtube or dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.
2018-1-17
Use props
ski
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-17 19:12
It's next to impossible to see this on YouTube publication. Try to extract a single full resolution frame from rough footage and post here to examine.

its very hard to see during the initial 30 seconds but I included that to give context, if you skip to 0:30 where I zoom in on each corner of the image, its very obvious especially in the bottom right where the cable hits the edge

here is a link to the raw unedited clip strait off the sd card https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7bbc9nyvjxdrgo/DJI_0250.MOV?dl=0
2018-1-18
Use props
ski
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2018-1-17 20:57
I think I see it on the reds of the trees or bushes on the lower left where it looks like it rolls off the edge like a waterfall effect?  Is that it?

I haven't noticed it on my X5S yet.  Could it be your editing software is adding it somehow?  I'd try another editor to be certain.

yes thats exactly what it is, and its definitely not adobe premiere doing this since I can see this error when I preview the clips strait off the sd card, before they ever go into premiere

heres a link to the raw clip https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7bbc9nyvjxdrgo/DJI_0250.MOV?dl=0
2018-1-18
Use props
ski
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-17 22:46
Ski, is it the original video? Please provide us the original video. You can upload to Youtube or dropbox and post the link here. Thanks for your support.

the first 30 seconds of that youtube link is the original, just unfortunately with YT compression. You can easily see what I'm referring to after 0:30 in the video, heres a link to the original file https://www.dropbox.com/s/q7bbc9nyvjxdrgo/DJI_0250.MOV?dl=0
2018-1-18
Use props
ski
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

here is a dropbox link to a full quality PNG framegrab of the clip https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1shl5sndxecyvm/DJI_0250.00_00_09_19.Still001.png?dl=0
and here is that framegrab zoomed into the bottom right corner

2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ski, the original footage and picture have been forwarded to our engineers for analysis and verification, I will keep you updated once I get any feedback.
By the way, may I know the current firmware you are running and you use the stock lens right?
2018-1-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Yes, now I can see it on original footage. Strange, never seen anything like that. I don't have X5S until next week to compare. The only solution for now is frame scaling in post, 100.5% to be exact.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-19 21:15
Yes, now I can see it on original footage. Strange, never seen anything like that. I don't have X5S until next week to compare. The only solution for now is frame scaling in post, 100.5% to be exact.

Thanks for your attention. If you have any problem with your new camera, please feel free to contact us.
2018-1-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ski Posted at 2018-1-18 16:32
here is a dropbox link to a full quality PNG framegrab of the clip [view_image]https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1shl5sndxecyvm/DJI_0250.00_00_09_19.Still001.png?dl=0
and here is that framegrab zoomed into the bottom right corner

Hi Ski, could you please check my post in 9# of the firmware version and lens model? It is very important to us, appreciate your update.
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules