App crash causing incomplete flight log?
694 5 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JPUP4iN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242044 ft
United States

My first post here.  Phantom 3S owner for about 3 weeks.  

I did a flight a few days ago and the flight log (TXT file) on my device is incomplete.  The DJI Go app crashed part way through the flight and when looking at the flight log I noticed that the time stamp of the first line of data is 10 min 50.6 sec. which (I think) corresponds to the time when my app crashed.  Did the app crash result in the loss of all flight data prior to that? I only did one flight that day and there is only one log file so I don't think that it got split into two separate files.

Thanks for any help you can give.  This forum is great.  I did do a quick search of previous posts and didn't find this issue addressed so thought I would ask.

2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, the flight records will be generated as long as it can receive the OSD information. I'm afraid that the flight records may not complete if the APP crash. May I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version?
2018-1-18
Use props
Rob_L
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-18 03:32
Hi there, the flight records will be generated as long as it can receive the OSD information. I'm afraid that the flight records may not complete if the APP crash. May I know which mobile device do you use and what's the current APP version?

My phone is a Google Pixel (1st gen) and my app is 3.1.23 version 1.9.20+
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob_L Posted at 2018-1-18 14:26
My phone is a Google Pixel (1st gen) and my app is 3.1.23 version 1.9.20+

Does the crash happen frequently? The latest Android V3.1.26 has been released at a staged rollout, please update when you receive it. If the issue still remains, please kindly refer the pathway(.../DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH) and export the crash log for analysis, thanks!

2018-1-19
Use props
Rob_L
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-1-19 00:51
Does the crash happen frequently? The latest Android V3.1.26 has been released at a staged rollout, please update when you receive it. If the issue still remains, please kindly refer the pathway(.../DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH) and export the crash log for analysis, thanks!

The app does crash frequently.  I will upgrade to the newer version and let you know how it goes.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any crash logs on my phone.  I uploaded all of my DJI folders from my phone to my computer in an effort to find it but I just don't think it's there even though my app has crashed many times. There is no folder called CRASH in the LOG folder.  See image.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob_L Posted at 2018-1-19 03:24
The app does crash frequently.  I will upgrade to the newer version and let you know how it goes.
Unfortunately, I cannot find any crash logs on my phone.  I uploaded all of my DJI folders from my phone to my computer in an effort to find it but I just don't think it's there even though my app has crashed many times. There is no folder called CRASH in the LOG folder.  See image.[view_image]

Noted with thanks! Please try to update to the latest version when you receive it and keep us posted of the latest progress, thanks so much!
2018-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules