Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Considering MPP and CS 5.5
508 3 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mark Blaide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 246014 ft
United States

I'd like some feedback from you guys. Thinking of buying the MPP and the 5.5" Crystalsky. Anyone have this combo and can offer opinions? Likes/dislikes?

Also, I live near a no-fly zone so I need to do the authorization occasionally on my Spark and iPhone 6+. This requires me to turn off airplane mode so it can connect online and authorize it. Then I turn airplane mode back on. How do I do this with the Crystalsky? It only has wifi, right? So would I need it to connect online via my cell phone?

Screen size. I'm ok with the 5.5" screen of my iPhone, but since never flying with a bigger screen, I don't know any better. Opinions on 5.5 vs 7.85? I don't like the high price of the bigger one and the weight concerns me...so unless there a huge wow factor of the bigger screen I think I'm set on the smaller screen.

I'll probably grab some ND filters for our Florida vacation and maybe a SmaTree case. Any other recomendations before that trip?

Lastly, I'm standing by on my purchase until at after the announcement on the 23rd...

2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, I think CS is great, it has the ultra-bright screen so it is not an issue to fly under the strong light. Now we don't have the special offer for the combo.
For your issue of No-Fly Zone authorization, you can launch the hotspot then you can do the procedure on your CS, the linking of the Mavic RC and the mobile device is via the USB cable, it is not conflicting to link the WiFi and your RC and drone at the same time.
It depends on the personal preference to choose a bigger screen, maybe you need to make the decision by yourself, hope other users will also provide you with some experiences.
For your trip, I would recommend that you look through the NFZ previously.
Thank you for your attention to our product, please kindly wait for the news coming. Anyway, hope you have a nice trip.
2018-1-17
Use props
lannes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

With the Mavic controller the smaller CS 5.5 is a better match, here it is with the DJI Mavic CS mount which is the best mount for it.In this CS position you can still easily see both screens, it is also the lightest mount combination. I tend to use the smaller 5.5 more in all flyign scenarios, it's just easier to carry around.

For NFZ authorisation you'll have to hotspot off your phone

the 7.85 is just a bit too big because of the wide bezel

2018-1-17
Use props
Swedrone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I can highly recommend the combo using it myself flying in minus degrees and strong sunlight with no problems. There are also visual enhancement in the CS you can activate which is very nice when filming with LOG and enhances those pale images sent to the  controller.
144427am6448jogz6kr4g8.jpg
2018-1-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules