Always blurry image
2559 14 2018-1-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

Hey there, had the Mavic Pro Platinum for about a month, shooting great quality video and pics.  Then the image live on the phone screen and on images captured are blurry on the edges. I have reset the camera settings, cleansed the lense and still a problem.  It almost seems as if at times the blurry edge moves either on top or bottom.  Thanks in advance for any advice.  

Blurry top

Blurry top
2018-1-17
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

You mentioned that the images on the phone screen are blurry, have you looked at the actual images on the sd card and are they blurry as well?
2018-1-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to tap the subject that you are going to focus on. If the issue persists, like Jenee 2 mentioned above, please check if the original photos and videos are blurry, if yes, please upload some samples from SD card to Dropbox and paste the link here so we can help to check. Thank you.
2018-1-17
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14177772 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Reset the camera.
2018-1-18
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-17 23:01
Please try to tap the subject that you are going to focus on. If the issue persists, like Jenee 2 mentioned above, please check if the original photos and videos are blurry, if yes, please upload some samples from SD card to Dropbox and paste the link here so we can help to check. Thank you.

ya it's not focused on anything
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

Yes tried tapping on screen to autofocus, the photos from the SD card look exactly like the Live Photo/video when taken.  I hav also reset all camera setting to default.  Previous pictures were perfect no issues with them, so something changed.  
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2018-1-17 22:49
You mentioned that the images on the phone screen are blurry, have you looked at the actual images on the sd card and are they blurry as well?

Yes looked at the images on the SD card and they are blurry too.  I switched it from AF to MF to see if I could manually focus it, and it does not respond at all to the MF
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

Yes thank you, I reset all the camera setting and still the same
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

rolling56 Posted at 2018-1-18 05:17
ya it's not focused on anything

Yea I tried to use manual focus and its not responding to that
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ok - so you've reset the camera, tried manual focus, cleaned the lens and presumably the ND filters, view the same focus issues on the SD card files. If this happened following the recent firmware update perhaps try refreshing it or downgrading it using Assistant 2. If that fails, best to follow DJI Thor's instructions in post number 3 for the pro's at DJI to take a closer look. Worse case you may need to return the drone.
2018-1-18
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Random thought, and it may sound stupid! But have you checked the camera lens is completely clean, that's the sort of thing an oily finger mark on the lens could cause!?
2018-1-18
Use props
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-18 12:35
Random thought, and it may sound stupid! But have you checked the camera lens is completely clean, that's the sort of thing an oily finger mark on the lens could cause!?

Yes thank you, thought of that have cleaned it well and inspected it.  The blur seems to change locations based on movement of the gimbal in flight i noticed today.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Ifpe4Gr Posted at 2018-1-18 12:40
Yes thank you, thought of that have cleaned it well and inspected it.  The blur seems to change locations based on movement of the gimbal in flight i noticed today.

Is there an original video for us to refer to? Please upload to Dropbox and paste the link so I can access it. Thank you.
2018-1-22
Use props
djiuser_Ifpe4Gr
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for everyone’s help!  I called DJI and had to send it in
2018-1-22
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>