Updates and much, much more.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dockater
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Well I did it, I have bought an Inspire 2 and already I have a couple of tips for anyone thinking of doing the same. Like many things in life, there are advantages and disadvantages.  

There are more than a few hidden costs, the sort of things that you do not consider when first starting your jump of the cliff. By hidden costs I am not referring to things like the fact that the Inspire 2 requires 1200 Euros worth of batteries for a one-hour flight or, that a second controller is a useful extra, maybe even a Cendence to get the full experience of Inspire 2 flying at a very modest 1.150 Euros. No, ladies and gentlemen, well more the men actually, there are other, much more serious hidden costs. The additional costs started for me immediately following the delivery of a large eye-catching black case. Please DJI, why can you not make the case more innocent and label it something like “Scientific Instruments” with a “Biological Hazard” sticker to discourage superfluous opening. My wife found the case before I could integrate it innocently into the inventory. My appeals that it was a new type of x-ray machine were useless particularly because the case has DJI clearly readable on it. My wife wanted to know, since when DJI had branched out into the medical field and what an “Inspire 2” x-ray machine was capable of. In the meantime I have learned how much a woman can spend on new shoes and clothes in just two days, in addition I have had to learn how the washing machine works and be nice to my sister-in-law.

Do not imagine that you can fly the Inspire 2 for the first few days, you have to register it first and then update it. There are more updates to deal with than there are sexy women at a Hugh Heffner party. Updates for the firmware, for the aircraft, the controller, the batteries, the camera and then general updates for everything in between, not to forget of course the no-fly zones. They even update the “Centre Board”; apparently, the Inspire 2 has one; I though up to now that such a thing was part of a sailing boat. This update orgy creates of course a perfect environment for an outbreak of something like “software Ebola”. Indeed, it did not go perfectly, not quite, one of the batteries became stuck; it is obviously not quite as intelligent as the others are. On the third try, it worked and there are now no obvious problems. I have not flown it much though; I have to find time between doing housework and the washing.

What is the Inspire 2 like? It is difficult to describe really, to get an approximation I suggest you make a little excursion. If you have not done this before, then go to a Porsche dealership, examine the vehicles diplomatically and slip into the driving seat of one, when the salesperson (consultant) comes over, ask if you can hear the sound of the engine and perhaps even take a short test-drive. This is the closest equivalent to the Inspire 2 that I can think of. It is not only the feeling of speed and power; it is also the quality feel of fine engineering, high-technology and quality materials. It is the grace of a lady and the forcefulness of a man in one, in harmony.

DJI, you have done an outstanding job, and you could do me a favour. Please write and explain to my wife that if we cannot all live together in harmony, either she, or the Inspire 2 must go. I would really miss her a lot.

2018-1-18
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the ranks of the I2!!
Reading stories like yours make me glad that I am single.....again!!

Been there and done that!!!
2018-1-18
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

Meh, you only really get started when you're flying a M600 Pro.
Forget 2 batteries - try 6! An hour's flying requires 18 batteries - That's hardcore.
Forget trying a Porsche - this is an Abrahms tank! ;-)

Welcome to the I2 community and safe flying!

2018-1-18
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-1-18 10:46
Welcome to the ranks of the I2!!
Reading stories like yours make me glad that I am single.....again!!

Thanks for the welcome, I might have exaggerated just a tiny bit.
2018-1-18
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Farnk666 Posted at 2018-1-18 16:53
Meh, you only really get started when you're flying a M600 Pro.
Forget 2 batteries - try 6! An hour's flying requires 18 batteries - That's hardcore.
Forget trying a Porsche - this is an Abrahms tank! ;-)

Thank you also for the welcome. True, a Porsche is not exactly economic, but at least you can still expect to get “miles to the gallon” and not “gallons to the mile”. Your comments do however, create a few new ideas. The Abrams M1A1/2 would be a great vehicle to use when taking in my tax returns or even to attend parents day at the school, one could even park inside. Cool idea, I must check availability with Avis or Herz.
2018-1-18
Use props
Donnie - Apple
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

This is really funny and I laughed out loud and it was a good belly laugh not one of those cheesy little snickers..

I love it and be sure to do the wash and be Nice to your Sister in Law. !!

also the shipping incognito would be a nice touch , I. have an agreement with the Ups Guy on where to place "MY " special packages.

Once again , great post !

I dont fly Inpires 2 just yet but if you need any help be sure to let me know, I willl try my best for a character like you !!  welcome to the jungle !!
friend Request sent !!

donnie

2018-1-19
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dockater,
Oh My, this was hilarious and I can certainly relate to your story. One thing for sure is the wash and other house work will be done in record time..... so you can go flying!!  

Welcome to the Inspire 2  group and the true DJI professional world.  

Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. It was truly refreshing to read and brought many chuckle's to the point of tears in my eyes.

PS Donnie, thanks for the link

All the best
Rich
2018-1-19
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I'm envious beyond belief. I think ?

I will go for a long rYde on my SpYder RS-S Roadster, just to relax...

I would have bought an Inspire myself, but it's too bulky to transport on the rear passenger seat... Haha

Happy piloting that monster craft. Enjoy the view.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-19
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Dockater, you wouldn't believe how close is your story to mine! I'm about to dive even deeper, driving Monday 400 km to pickup my mothership, M200 that is. I mentioned this about a month ago during family dinner ... We haven't spoken since ... I must cook my meals now, I must do laundry ... I'm banned. ignored, neglected. Why - in the name of God - I need 4-th drone???!!! What's wrong with my Phantoms???!!!

More to come next week ...
2018-1-19
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Donnie - Apple  Posted at 2018-1-19 05:33
This is really funny and I laughed out loud and it was a good belly laugh not one of those cheesy little snickers..

I love it and be sure to do the wash and be Nice to your Sister in Law. !!

Hi Donnie, thank you for your offer, you are now on my list for a tummy tickle now and then. Watch out for those UPS guys, be sure that they are not playing “double agent” with your other half, women can be very devious creatures. The worst is, they wait until the time is right, to their best advantage, before telling you they have known for months about the Harley you have secluded in the rented garage three doors down.

All the best - Dockater
2018-1-19
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-19 10:42
Dockater,
Oh My, this was hilarious and I can certainly relate to your story. One thing for sure is the wash and other house work will be done in record time..... so you can go flying!!  

Hi Rich, glad you find it amusing, I am also certain that there are a lot of people who can see themselves in the same scenario, at least in some part. Life’s relationships are what makes the world an interesting place to live in.

I have also made a note that you and Donnie have shared a cell together at some time.

Enjoy life - Dockater.
2018-1-19
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-19 12:47
Dockater, you wouldn't believe how close is your story to mine! I'm about to dive even deeper, driving Monday 400 km to pickup my mothership, M200 that is. I mentioned this about a month ago during family dinner ... We haven't spoken since ... I must cook my meals now, I must do laundry ... I'm banned. ignored, neglected. Why - in the name of God - I need 4-th drone???!!! What's wrong with my Phantoms???!!!

More to come next week ...

Hi Matthew, I am so sorry to hear how bad your problem seems to be. Sometimes though, we are our own worst enemies. Firstly you have to accept that you have a problem, two drones is understandable, even three but four! Smoking a little marijuana once in a while is one thing, but four drones including an M200 is the equivalent of mainlining heroin.

Apart from your addiction I would still really like to help and suggest the following. Buy your your wife a new car, one that she has wanted for a long time, with four DJIs you can obviously afford it. DO NOT TELL HER IT IS FROM YOU. This part is the most important; it should arrive as a gift from a secret admirer. In this way she will be both flattered and at the same time appear to have something to hide. With a little careful management this should push your drone problem into the background, allow you to sell her old car and limit your financial damage.

I sincerely hope you do not talk in your sleep - Dockater
2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-19 11:14
I'm envious beyond belief. I think ?

I will go for a long rYde on my SpYder RS-S Roadster, just to relax...

Sorry RedHotPoker, I was not able to answer sooner. The last thing I wanted was to make you envious, to make reparations I have done a little research and believe I have found the perfect solution to your problem. The RS-S Roadster complimented with a trailer. I can hear you yawn, of course nothing new, but did you know about the Inspire 2 insert?

2018-1-20
Use props
Donnie - Apple
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-19 14:34
Hi Donnie, thank you for your offer, you are now on my list for a tummy tickle now and then. Watch out for those UPS guys, be sure that they are not playing “double agent” with your other half, women can be very devious creatures. The worst is, they wait until the time is right, to their best advantage, before telling you they have known for months about the Harley you have secluded in the rented garage three doors down.

All the best - Dockater

Cheers  to my new mate in Germany !!

I will tip a pint of Guinness in your General direction this evening .
donnie
2018-1-20
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-19 15:00
Hi Rich, glad you find it amusing, I am also certain that there are a lot of people who can see themselves in the same scenario, at least in some part. Life’s relationships are what makes the world an interesting place to live in.

I have also made a note that you and Donnie have shared a cell together at some time.

Yes, I can relate to your story,  oh... to well.... I tell my wife that you an never have to many Drones....  but she doesn't agree with me.

I definitely have to many drones according to her rules.   I have run out of hiding places  

All the best my friend
Rich
2018-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 04:37
Sorry RedHotPoker, I was not able to answer sooner. The last thing I wanted was to make you envious, to make reparations I have done a little research and believe I have found the perfect solution to your problem. The RS-S Roadster complimented with a trailer. I can hear you yawn, of course nothing new, but did you know about the Inspire 2 insert?
[view_image]
[view_image]

Yes, the only problem with your reply, is that isn't a SpYder RS-S.

What you have demonstrated is Can Am SpYder RT (Road Touring)  highway cruiser, that has the ability to pull a Can Am trailer.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/index.php

No, my RS-S don't pull one, sorry. But good try. Haha
image.jpeg
Mine is a sport model. Peppy racing street cruiser... ;-)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

I thought about upgrading from my Nanuk 945 hard side case, to a Nanuk 950 with wheels. Hahaha

https://www.plasticase.com/shop/wheeled/nanuk-950/
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker
2018-1-20
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very well stated and I must say accurate. Now, when you call the Cab for her, after you help her pack of course, please have the Cab stop at my house. I have already helped her pack, I let her use the I2 black suitcase. I have no use for it  as I have gained all kinds of room for my I2.
2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-20 10:19
I thought about upgrading from my Nanuk 945 hard side case, to a Nanuk 950 with wheels. Hahaha

https://www.plasticase.com/shop/wheeled/nanuk-950/

Ah, yes I understand a little better now.

2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Rodger8 Posted at 2018-1-20 12:42
Very well stated and I must say accurate. Now, when you call the Cab for her, after you help her pack of course, please have the Cab stop at my house. I have already helped her pack, I let her use the I2 black suitcase. I have no use for it  as I have gained all kinds of room for my I2.

Extra space is indeed an advantage, I have my eye on my wife's dressing room. The taxi idea is not so good, mine would need at least a pantechnicon if not several.
2018-1-20
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 12:56
Ah, yes I understand a little better now.

[view_image]

You can always go bigger, but then you need . . .
image.jpeg

a hauler. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 01:11
Hi Matthew, I am so sorry to hear how bad your problem seems to be. Sometimes though, we are our own worst enemies. Firstly you have to accept that you have a problem, two drones is understandable, even three but four! Smoking a little marijuana once in a while is one thing, but four drones including an M200 is the equivalent of mainlining heroin.

Apart from your addiction I would still really like to help and suggest the following. Buy your your wife a new car, one that she has wanted for a long time, with four DJIs you can obviously afford it. DO NOT TELL HER IT IS FROM YOU. This part is the most important; it should arrive as a gift from a secret admirer. In this way she will be both flattered and at the same time appear to have something to hide. With a little careful management this should push your drone problem into the background, allow you to sell her old car and limit your financial damage.

Addiction? Perhaps, wasn't thinking about this aspect. Most addictions, however, do some sort of harm. Either to an addict or to so called loved ones. In my case no harm is done nor intended. All bills paid, credit cards well maintained, retirement secured. Just some savings re-directed toward this terrible addiction, instead for - say - a cruise trip (never suggested, BTW). It's not "what about me?" issue. My "addiction" doesn't affect my wife's dreams or desires, assuming there're any. What is it than? I see no solution since my wife can't drive a car, not even a bike. Any other suggestions/advices, Brother Dockater ?
2018-1-20
Use props
Dockater
lvl.4
Germany

Matthew Dobrski Posted at 2018-1-20 17:47
Addiction? Perhaps, wasn't thinking about this aspect. Most addictions, however, do some sort of harm. Either to an addict or to so called loved ones. In my case no harm is done nor intended. All bills paid, credit cards well maintained, retirement secured. Just some savings re-directed toward this terrible addiction, instead for - say - a cruise trip (never suggested, BTW). It's not "what about me?" issue. My "addiction" doesn't affect my wife's dreams or desires, assuming there're any. What is it than? I see no solution since my wife can't drive a car, not even a bike. Any other suggestions/advices, Brother Dockater ?

You do not have a problem, at least if you do, its about the same size as mine, pretty minimal in fact. As for the car, hmmmmm I am I admit, at a bit of a loss. Maybe a bus-pass, an unlimited amex card, if she is real difficult perhaps a pet tiger. That one is much better though for the mother in law, the solution is more, er...... permanent. Shoes are usually good for women but in your case? Now, off you go for your fix. Bro.
2018-1-20
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 18:30
You do not have a problem, at least if you do, its about the same size as mine, pretty minimal in fact. As for the car, hmmmmm I am I admit, at a bit of a loss. Maybe a bus-pass, an unlimited amex card, if she is real difficult perhaps a pet tiger. That one is much better though for the mother in law, the solution is more, er...... permanent. Shoes are usually good for women but in your case? Now, off you go for your fix. Bro.

A year supply of laundry detergent for my better half, a rehab and DAA (Drone Addict Anonymous) sessions for myself? OK, enough of entertainment for tonight. I'll remain your fan and a follower from now on ...
2018-1-20
Use props
Rodger8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dockater Posted at 2018-1-20 13:05
Extra space is indeed an advantage, I have my eye on my wife's dressing room. The taxi idea is not so good, mine would need at least a pantechnicon if not several.

Let's get a couple of Limos. They can leave in style.
2018-1-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-20 10:12
Yes, the only problem with your reply, is that isn't a SpYder RS-S.

What you have demonstrated is Can Am SpYder RT (Road Touring)  highway cruiser, that has the ability to pull a Can Am trailer.

Hey RHP,  nice toy!  

I just sold my BMW K1200RS and now this is the first time I cam remember, that no motorbike is setting in the garage.

It is sad getting old  

Rich
2018-1-21
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-21 22:18
Hey RHP,  nice toy!  

I just sold my BMW K1200RS and now this is the first time I cam remember, that no motorbike is setting in the garage.

Yes, it's roaring good fun. Hahaha

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. ;-)

You must feel naked, without your wheels...

RedHotPoker
2018-1-22
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-22 08:56
Yes, it's roaring good fun. Hahaha

Thanks, I appreciate the compliments. ;-)

I bet it is!  

Yes, after 47 years of having a motorcycle parked close to me... All I have now.... is a couple of electric bikes.  pretty sad

Keep up the spirit for the rest of us old guys
Rich
2018-1-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-1-23 08:33
I bet it is!  

Yes, after 47 years of having a motorcycle parked close to me... All I have now.... is a couple of electric bikes.  pretty sad

I feel your pain, but with three wheels, no road rash.  Even though I dress for safety, my chances of accidental circumstances are very slim. Electric bikes are cool, so are gas powered motorized bicycles. . .

Perhaps they have scooters in Heaven? Haha
I'll let you know. Hehe

RedHotPoker

2018-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules