Disappointed in Mavic Pro video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1362 15 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

Am I the only one that is disappointed in the Mavic Pro video quality.

I have just received my Mavic Pro Platinum.  
I love everything about it except the video quality.
I am truly wondering is the camera defective.

I have perilously been using a Phantom 4.

Comments Please!

2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can you possibly post a sample video?
2018-1-18
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

I personally think the quality of image could be improved. The Mavic is more fun flying, than recording for me.
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The Mavic is the best drone out there for recreational use IMO except for the camera specs - it’s good but not great! It requires a lot of settings to improve it. Post a video so we can give you some pointers.
2018-1-18
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

Out of the box, I think the video quality is a bit lacklustre, but there are loads of settings you can adjust to (in most cases, significantly) improve video and image quality, I found a few YouTube videos and followed the settings recommended on those, trying a few different versions and my own tweaks once I knew what I was doing until I found the settings I preferred for my photo and filming style and editing preferences.  Just search YouTube for DJI Mavic Pro Video settings or DJI Mavic Pro Photo settings.

Charge up a few batteries, get a notebook, go out and record a load of similar video's, changing and noting the settings you've used for each video, then you can work out which you prefer and run with those, or find ones you like for different uses (of course, if you don't like any of them, then it might be time to look for a different drone - or see what is announced on the 23rd).

For me, finding the best setup and playing with this sort of thing is part of the fun of the hobby!
2018-1-18
Use props
damoUK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

"I have perilously been using a Phantom 4."

I presume you mean "I have previously been using a Phantom 4", perilous use of any drone is not recommended
2018-1-18
Use props
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-18 07:07
"I have perilously been using a Phantom 4."

I presume you mean "I have previously been using a Phantom 4", perilous use of any drone is not recommended

Thanks, I was rushing.  LOL
2018-1-18
Use props
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

damoUK Posted at 2018-1-18 07:04
Out of the box, I think the video quality is a bit lacklustre, but there are loads of settings you can adjust to (in most cases, significantly) improve video and image quality, I found a few YouTube videos and followed the settings recommended on those, trying a few different versions and my own tweaks once I knew what I was doing until I found the settings I preferred for my photo and filming style and editing preferences.  Just search YouTube for DJI Mavic Pro Video settings or DJI Mavic Pro Photo settings.

Charge up a few batteries, get a notebook, go out and record a load of similar video's, changing and noting the settings you've used for each video, then you can work out which you prefer and run with those, or find ones you like for different uses (of course, if you don't like any of them, then it might be time to look for a different drone - or see what is announced on the 23rd).

I will do!!!!
Thanks for the help.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, just to verify, do you mean that the video has the quality issue but the picture is normal, and the video you watched is the original version from the SD card? Please try to change the resolution and shoot again, you can change it on the camera settings in video mode. At the same time, could you please also upload an original video from the SD card to Dropbox so I can help to check. Thank you very much.
2018-1-18
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

I agree with Thor - lots of settings that you need to try before giving up.  Also, go to YouTube and search for "Best Video Settings for DJI Mavic".  There are lots of professional videographers out there who have done videos on the settings that they prefer - and why.
2018-1-18
Use props
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-18 20:36
Hi there, just to verify, do you mean that the video has the quality issue but the picture is normal, and the video you watched is the original version from the SD card? Please try to change the resolution and shoot again, you can change it on the camera settings in video mode. At the same time, could you please also upload an original video from the SD card to Dropbox so I can help to check. Thank you very much.

I changed the resolution and some other settings.  
Looks much better!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-1-19
Use props
TNewson
lvl.1

United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2018-1-18 21:23
I agree with Thor - lots of settings that you need to try before giving up.  Also, go to YouTube and search for "Best Video Settings for DJI Mavic".  There are lots of professional videographers out there who have done videos on the settings that they prefer - and why.

Found some great stuff on YouTube.  
Got my settings worked out now.

Thanks!!!!!!!!
2018-1-19
Use props
StanfordWebbie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

TNewson Posted at 2018-1-19 13:11
Found some great stuff on YouTube.  
Got my settings worked out now.

OK, here's a few of my favorites:
https://www.youtube.com/user/petermckinnon24/videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9tnwOsaA7T29VuUCuXvr7g/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/billykyle9/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/goblinpicturesger/videos
There are tons more, of course, but these 4 are great!
2018-1-19
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

TNewson Posted at 2018-1-19 13:11
I changed the resolution and some other settings.  
Looks much better!!!!!!!!!!!

IMO nd filters should be considered essential equipment not assesories - give em a try. I got a cheap set to test. They are the single feature change that has made the greatest improvement to my image quality.
2018-1-19
Use props
web_parrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

My video is just fine.  Before setting-the-settings I spent hours watching YouTube videos and making notes about which settings worked best under various conditions.  
2018-1-19
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not the best, but definitely not disappointed.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules