Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC OCEAN CRASH
973 10 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JeannineMontana
lvl.1
Argentina

I was flying my Mavic at the beach shore, at exactly the same location I've been flying it for 2 days, when suddenly stopped responding to my control and flew itself into the ocean. At the cotrol it said "strong magnetic field" and the Mavic just went crazy. I  got to take it out and dry it right away, but the damage was done. Now it doesn't work and the DJI support just told me that it wasn't a product malfuction and I have to pay USD 696 . So why they don't tell me what it was??? Does this happened to anyone else???
I can't believe this. Never happened to me something like this with a serious company.
Thank you.
2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did DJI support ask for your flight data?
2018-1-18
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

There is more to this story than you have shared. Did they quote the price based on an analysis of your flight record? Did you ignore warnings from the DJI Go 4 app?
2018-1-18
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

I presume you do not have DJI Refresh.  If you do, you would need to indicate that on your service request.  Then the cost would be much less.  A warranty repair would require proof that the problem was a defect and not pilot error.  Thus the interest in the flight log if you want to claim a defect.
2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to read about your loss - that is one major consideration when flying over the sea - salt water kills the drone if it comes into contact with it - at least you retrieved the drone. The only reason DJI will bill you for the replacement is if the cause of the crash was indeed deemed to be pilot error as the warranty only covers manufacturer defects. Are you able to post the flight records via Assistant 2? Based entirely on what you have written you should have landed immediately as soon as the warning popped up regarding a 'strong magnetic field' as that will understandably make the behaviour of the drone very erratic.
2018-1-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sucks that you had a crash, but glad you retrieved your bird. Hopefully you’re back in the air soon
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Jeannine, I am terribly sorry for your mishap, could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the details of it? Thank you.
2018-1-18
Use props
JeannineMontana
lvl.1
Argentina

DJI Thor Posted at 2018-1-18 20:12
Jeannine, I am terribly sorry for your mishap, could you please provide me with your case number so I can check the details of it? Thank you.

Hi Thor, thank you for taking the time to answer me.
Here's the case number: CAS-1281226-B4R0K0
CRM:0540000006178

I would really want to know what caused the crash instead of just telling me "damage not caused by product malfunction". Because for me it totally was a product malfunction. Everything was great, I wasn't even flying it above the ocean,  and suddenly it was out of my control and went sraight to the sea to die.
I hope you understend my frustration. I only use  it for 2 days and now I have to pay usd 700  ! It is so unbelievable to me ... I'm really upset.

Here's the short video of the crash
2018-1-19
Use props
JeannineMontana
lvl.1
Argentina

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-18 06:52
Did DJI support ask for your flight data?

Yes. I have already sent them everything.
For me it was a product malfunciton. I wasn't doing anything weird with the drone  Besides, I'm not new at this, my brother has the phantom and I have flown it several times.
Here's the short video of the crash. By the time it starts flying towards the sea, it was totally out of my control.

2018-1-19
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

JeannineMontana Posted at 2018-1-19 06:00
Yes. I have already sent them everything.
For me it was a product malfunciton. I wasn't doing anything weird with the drone  Besides, I'm not new at this, my brother has the phantom and I have flown it several times.
Here's the short video of the crash. By the time it starts flying towards the sea, it was totally out of my control.

Nobody will be able to figure out what happened based on the video, but uploading the flight log from your mobile device might help. Please use these instructions to retrieve the log (TXT file) from your device, upload it to PhantomHelp, and then provide a link to the uploaded log in this thread and someone outside of DJI may be able to offer more information.
2018-1-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JeannineMontana Posted at 2018-1-19 05:52
Hi Thor, thank you for taking the time to answer me.
Here's the case number: CAS-1281226-B4R0K0
CRM:0540000006178

Well received, thank you so much! This has been forwarded to the designated team to check the exact status. And data analysis is recommended in this kind of situation. We'll keep follow up and update for you. Hopefully it can be figured out soon.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules