A lot to learn
1447 5 2014-9-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
OutdoorEd
New

United States

Just purchased a vision 2 plus......have yet to receive it, but am reading the manuals/tutorials. Seems there is much to learn....many updated to download before I even get started. Choosing FCC, etc. I'd  hate to screw this thing up as soon as I get it. Any advice that you'd give to a complete nubie would be appreciated!
2014-9-18
Use props
SFOS900
lvl.1

United States

okay.... we all have been there,

as every one on here will tell you on here practice make perfect.

Either get a flight simulator ( $200 ) and install it on a PC. Or get a blade nano qx this way you can practice indoors and you can crash many times at home or where ever you fly indoors.  The important part here is to lean what the stick will do.

http://www.amazon.com/Nano-QX-BN ... p;keywords=blade+qx

When you have flown the blade for a while I would switch over to the phantom 2plus.

You will crash that is for sure with the phantom2plus otherwise. nothing on the thing is cheap to replace.

So play with blade first you will have much more fun in the long run............

As well as become and AMA member HAHAH
2014-9-18
Use props
OutdoorEd
New

United States

SFOS900 Posted at 2014-9-19 01:35
okay.... we all have been there,

as every one on here will tell you on here practice make perfect.

Will the transmitter that comes with the Phantom work with this quad? Good advice that I will follow for sure.
2014-9-18
Use props
tony
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2856060 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had not flown a quad before my Vision+ arrived. I am thrown back at how easy it is to fly. As long as you have 7 or more satellites. This is key. Once you drop below that you are susceptible to wind drift, and that's when being an expert flyer may be needed. Especially when flying nose in (all controls are reversed). My recommendation, start out in a huge field, far from trees and buildings. Run through the pilot training manual and get all of the techniques down. Once you do that and become comfortable with the sticks you can take it in closer to trees and buildings... with 7+ satellites!

Another huge helper for me is switching to NAZA-M mode in the software assistant. Just make sure to make the S1 down position "FailSafe" and not "manual". I can not stress how great the IOC modes are on S2. Especially Home Lock. And having the S1 option for FailSafe will come in handy at some point I am sure.

Also, hand catch the landings. The legs are not broad enough to prevent a tip over even after a successful landing, which will damage your props. But with a gentle stick a hand catch is not difficult, although a bit sketchy as far as personal injury is concerned.

Other than that, go to youtube, watch EVERY video you can on Vortex Ring State, Prop Wash, IOC, and anything about the Vision+. There are literally hundreds of videos, maybe thousands. Be very careful descending, and always use rudder while coming down. Avoid a straight down descent at all costs, especially if using prop guards.

These are, of course, my opinions and I am in no way an expert. Sorry for the length of this. But I was just learning all of this myself and know how important all of this is. We're here to help each other, so don't hesitate to reach out with any other questions.

Can't wait to see your images. Good luck!
2014-9-18
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

tony@capturevid Posted at 2014-9-19 04:23
I had not flown a quad before my Vision+ arrived. I am thrown back at how easy it is to fly. As long ...

Totally agree. (WHAT HE SAID)
2014-9-22
Use props
simonfeaugas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I agree with all the replies you have gotten. I've been flying for 5 month now and never before had any other copter. I read a lot and did a lot of search for training and the first flight i did them in huge open spaces. Had some rough landings before getting better! Don't be afraid, just be sure what your are doing before taking it to the next level. In my opinion I flew some time before changing to NAZA-M. But the tips tony tells you about that are really to the point!

Enjoy! Welcome to this world hehehe
2014-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules