18404 30 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dirk52
Second Officer
Flight distance : 232995 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Dji released a document which tells you how to correctly label your Dji Drone. I really like it, but I think it is really hidden. So I want to share it with you.

A fireproof label on your drone is required in Germany since the 1st of October 2017 for all drones weighing more than or equal to 250 g.

You have to use a fireproof label, Dji recommends not to use a label which thickness exceed 1 mm. Material should be aluminum alloy or copper.
Important is the size and position for the label so that it not interfere with other onboard components which could lead to damage or injury.

You will find all detailed information in the following link. Find your corresponding drone and label size/position. (first in german, than in english)

http://content.djiservice.org/activation/germany-fireproof.html

Even if you don't live in Germany and a label on your drone isn't required by your government it is always a good idea to label your drone for identification and (maybe) a return of the drone to its owner.

Fly safe

Greetings,
Dirk
2018-1-18
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Here in the US, I used a clear plastic film label for my phone number and FAA registration.  I suppose if one travels to other countries such as Germany, it would be advisable to  add appropriate labels.  Unfortunately, my  company' s firewall has blocked the link you provided.
2018-1-18
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

@DJI Grace or @DJI Thor, can you please send me a quick photo of where I should stick these on my nice shiny new Mavic Air?

2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting that the regulation specifically states "fireproof" label
2018-1-18
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

2018-1-18
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-18 08:18
Interesting that the regulation specifically states "fireproof" label

I guess for when it crashes and burns!!
2018-1-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

My bird is already tag with Faa registration and phone #, and reward if found. Something extra in hopes if the worst happens I could get my bird back.
2018-1-18
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Yeah, I used clear plastic labels on the body of my Mavic with both the FAA number and my phone number.  I just need to make sure I don't crash into someone.   ;)
2018-1-18
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

I placed the FAA label right on the side of my MP away from the latch area. Easily visible too.
2018-1-18
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Griffith Posted at 2018-1-18 07:47
Here in the US, I used a clear plastic film label for my phone number and FAA registration.  I suppose if one travels to other countries such as Germany, it would be advisable to  add appropriate labels.  Unfortunately, my  company' s firewall has blocked the link you provided.

The Link is from Dji.. Normally there is nothing to block.
2018-1-18
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Here is how I labeled my Mavic with thin white plastic.
Phone number on the side, registration number and my name on rear arms.

2018-1-18
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Dirk52 Posted at 2018-1-18 10:29
The Link is from Dji.. Normally there is nothing to block.

Reason:
This Websense category is filtered: Parked Domain. Sites in this category may pose a security threat to network resources or private information, and are blocked due to Corporate policy.

URL:
http://content.djiservice.org/activation/germany-fireproof.html
2018-1-18
Use props
rdg52
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7812 ft
United States

I was thinking of putting mine in the battery compartment. Is this not an approved area as I have not yet looked at the requirements for ID.

Bob
2018-1-18
Use props
CycleParadise
Second Officer
Flight distance : 385338 ft
United States

rdg52 Posted at 2018-1-18 18:17
I was thinking of putting mine in the battery compartment. Is this not an approved area as I have not yet looked at the requirements for ID.

Bob

It depends on which country you live in.

In the United States, inside the battery compartment is okay.
2018-1-18
Use props
Dirk52
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-18 18:23
It depends on which country you live in.

Yes, this is correct. In Germany it must be good visible and fireproof.
2018-1-18
Use props
Leftyguy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1282638 ft
United States

I'm in the US and the battery compartment is where mine is located. It can be in a compartment as long it is easily accessible too be seen.
2018-1-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wrote mine in the battery compartment here in the US.
2018-1-19
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Anyone knows where to get fireproof labels printed?

Thanks
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-2-23 07:00
Anyone knows where to get fireproof labels printed?

Thanks

In Germany you can naturally find many retailers for them. I am quite sure they would ship it to Spain as well since postage is the same within EU and they come as simple letter. Just do a Google search for "Drohnenplakette". But check the prices carefully, some are way over the top.
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

I have placed the small aluminium plate at the recommend spot for Mavic Air but will in addition put waterproof stickers on each of the batteries (on the outside) to make sure that people can easily contact me in case I should have lost and they have fount it.
2018-2-23
Use props
0Kajuna0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 267126 ft
Spain

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-23 09:11
In Germany you can naturally find many retailers for them. I am quite sure they would ship it to Spain as well since postage is the same within EU and they come as simple letter. Just do a Google search for "Drohnenplakette". But check the prices carefully, some are way over the top.

I bought it here.
https://bvcp.de/shop/

Shipping was more expensive than just to Germany (5€), but I couldn't find any company doing this in Spain
2018-2-23
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

0Kajuna0 Posted at 2018-2-23 10:30
I bought it here.
https://bvcp.de/shop/

It's still in the upper price range but certainly good quality. The shipping rate is definitely not justified though for a simple letter.
2018-2-23
Use props
fans3e595081
New
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-2-23 09:16
I have placed the small aluminium plate at the recommend spot for Mavic Air but will in addition put waterproof stickers on each of the batteries (on the outside) to make sure that people can easily contact me in case I should have lost and they have fount it.

Where did you place the label?  I can't find the label size and placement specifications for the Mavic Air anywhere and live support does not seem to know either.  
2018-5-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain

fans3e595081 Posted at 2018-5-14 13:54
Where did you place the label?  I can't find the label size and placement specifications for the Mavic Air anywhere and live support does not seem to know either.

Apologies for the delayed response, I was on travel. Here we go: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132308-1-1.html
Since the recommended place is quite hidden, I have added a paper sticker covered with tape on the outside of each battery to have my contact details well visible for the case that I lose my MA and somebody finds it.
2018-5-19
Use props
Tazyo
New

United States

You can get a free Utagg.it account and then use the provided contact link or the personalized version to order your tag label from a local vendor. A one liner contact link opens your contact info. You have the option to hide the contact info and only show it when you lose your unit. You can edit the info in real time from your smartphone or computer using only the browser. No special apps to download. It also supports manually triggered location tracking IF the finder of your unit allows his/her location to be shared.  Disclaimer: I developed this service to originally serve the traveling public. You can use the service for free, and create as many tags as you want.  I can also package something for you if in case you need to label a lot of stuff using the contact link. I use DYMO labelers and labels that are weather resistant.
2018-6-5
Use props
ImranArshad
lvl.2
Germany

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-5-19 00:34
Apologies for the delayed response, I was on travel. Here we go: https://forum.dji.com/thread-132308-1-1.html
Since the recommended place is quite hidden, I have added a paper sticker covered with tape on the outside of each battery to have my contact details well visible for the case that I lose my MA and somebody finds it.

Funny ! I was looking on the PDF file from DJI but could not find Mavic air and finally pasted somewhere I thought is appropriate. Now checked on your link and its the same place where I pasted it  
Thanks
2018-6-11
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

ImranArshad Posted at 2018-6-11 02:22
Funny ! I was looking on the PDF file from DJI but could not find Mavic air and finally pasted somewhere I thought is appropriate. Now checked on your link and its the same place where I pasted it  
Thanks

You are welcome :-)
2018-6-11
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

CycleParadise Posted at 2018-1-18 18:23
It depends on which country you live in.

US now requires your FAA number to be on the outside.
2019-5-16
Use props
fadikf
New

United States

For US and Canada drones. I recommend using TagMyDrone. They sell FAA compliant drone labels.
2019-8-13
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I make the font size as small as possible, I think 6pt or 8pt, then put a piece of cut shipping tape over it so it doesn't blow away.  If you make it too big, it can block GPS signal and other things.

The only point to having a registration number is to determine liability when something bad happens.  Someone a few years ago failed to yield and the Police wanted to pull them over.  They had paper plates.  They slowed down but then took off and started shooting semi-automatic high-powered rounds at them forcing them to not chase.  I'm unsure if they found the offenders.  It's just bad if the people running from Police are out to kill you and the Police couldn't stop them.
https://www.full30.com/watch/MDA3MDk2/woman-discovers-how-dangerous-police-work-is-during-ride-along?fbclid=IwAR1HWHrCdwHIaVbLDRcoBnHsfFcqddTM4DiqqZFaAsIDZdaPA6AKCiYed1c
2019-8-13
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

thanks for shareing
2019-8-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules