VIRUS alert! dji what are u doing?
2305 20 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscfa7e77e
lvl.1
United States

look, many people enjoy the fun of flying. i'm one of them but not at the risk of personal security. dji has embedded virus packaged with their latest app, DJI Assistant 2, v1.2  it was released on 12/29. i've attached the failure discovered by symantec ep.

as a former sw developer, i can tell u this is deliberate! they've had a number of these issues in previous versions, so it's by design. flyers be AWARE!

i use an air gapped laptop for this dji app and others that i deem to be risky. after an install, i re-image and start fresh. for those who don't get it and from reading these posts, it will likely be many, just ignore this post and keep playing. for the others with some smarts and a discipline above that of a 12 yo, be very aware. in my case the virus was detected and quaranteened. what about the malware that hasn't be detected? again, this is not a fluke on dji's part - this is deliberate.

dji - get your act together!

dji virus.jpg
2018-1-18
Use props
Planodave
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the alert.  No need to thow the insults out about one's knowledge of software an threats.   Just post your concerns, way more valuable.
2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just out of curiosity is the the file that was detected visionstarter.exe?  If so, it is fine.
2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

Tviscomi Posted at 2018-1-18 09:09
Just out of curiosity is the the file that was detected visionstarter.exe?  If so, it is fine.

yes, it is "visionstarter.exe" that should've shown through but i messed up when doing the capture. i realize it's a relatively "lo risk" according to symantec. what are your thoughts on this behavior?
2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

yes, it is "visionstarter.exe" that should've shown through but i messed up when doing the capture. i realize it's a relatively "lo risk" according to symantec. what are your thoughts on this behavior?
2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

2018-1-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow, the rare quadruple post...  
2018-1-18
Use props
hiFlyinNC
lvl.1
United States

Planodave Posted at 2018-1-18 09:07
Thanks for the alert.  No need to thow the insults out about one's knowledge of software an threats.   Just post your concerns, way more valuable.

excuse my frustration, k. i've never posted on this forum before but have read lots. also, when i click reply, the dialog stays. so i kept clicking. now i look like a dummy with multiple repeated responses.
i'm going back to bed.
2018-1-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-18 09:20
Wow, the rare quadruple post...

You mean sextuple?
2018-1-18
Use props
Tviscomi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106886 ft
  • >>>
United States

"what are your thoughts on this behavior?"

My thoughts are that you should add it to your exclude list in Norton.
2018-1-18
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

for those who don't get it and from reading these posts, it will likely be many, just ignore this post and keep playing. for the others with some smarts and a discipline above that of a 12 yo, be very aware.

Welcome to the forum. Here's a thread from a couple of weeks ago you must have missed: visionstarter.exe removed by Norton from dji assistant 2.

Hopefully you understand better now why most of us take posts like yours with a grain of salt.
2018-1-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I replied it was four, but man 6... that's a sasquatch riding a unicorn.
2018-1-18
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oracle Miata Posted at 2018-1-18 09:33
When I replied it was four, but man 6... that's a sasquatch riding a unicorn.

His computer either has a virus or a fully automatic enter button...
2018-1-18
Use props
web_parrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

This reminds me... is there any way to "block" a poster from subsequent posts or replys?  Function exists on some of the other forums... couldn't find a way here.
2018-1-18
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

web_parrot Posted at 2018-1-18 10:40
This reminds me... is there any way to "block" a poster from subsequent posts or replys?  Function exists on some of the other forums... couldn't find a way here.

is there any way to "block" a poster from subsequent posts or replys?

Not on this forum, no.
2018-1-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Second most interesting post today. Evidence
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

May I know which and the version of the anti-virus software you are using? Besides, please try to install DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6 and see if the same case persists. Click the following web to access the DJI Assistant 2 v1.1.6, and we are looking forward to your reply. https://www.dji.com/snail/info?s ... te_search#downloads
2018-1-18
Use props
HWCM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

So you just made a huge deal out of a non issue. A little research could have saved you a lot of time and trouble.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules