Controller not charging
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1146473 ft
United Kingdom

Anybody had issue with controller not charging after controller update to 1.9.2 , all day trying to resolve the issue, worried it might be bricked
2018-1-17
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Defective controller after update

This is an update to a previous post, after a controller update on P3A  to fw 1.9.3 the controller no longer charges to its fullest, the most I can get it to is 70%, I have been in touch with Dji on 2 occasions and had speedy response but there suggested advice did not cure the problem, can anyone advise to a video I seen on YouTube on dismantling controller and disconnecting the internal battery for 10secs then assembling again, just to verify that my product is out of warranty
2018-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Why not drain the battery right down to around 10% capacity, and then recharge back up to 100%?  If it will actually charge fully.
I am not a DJI rep, nor an RC battery professor, but it might trigger a reset, and give you back the full 100% in the reading.

This is only a suggestion, and not a guaranteed fix, to repair this RC malfunction.

RedHotPoker
2018-1-18
Use props
FlanniganFlyer
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-1-18 13:18
Why not drain the battery right down to around 10% capacity, and then recharge back up to 100%?  If it will actually charge fully.
I am not a DJI rep, nor an RC battery professor, but it might trigger a reset, and give you back the full 100% in the reading.

Thanks for your suggestion RedHotPoker, I’ll give that a go, dismantling will be my last resort
2018-1-18
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

FlanniganFlyer  Posted at 2018-1-18 13:32
Thanks for your suggestion RedHotPoker, I’ll give that a go, dismantling will be my last resort

If you take apart the RC and inadvertently or accidently screw anything up, DJI may not favor repairing it.
I would drain the battery, and try to recharge it to full capacity, before sending it in for service if not a full replacement.

It wouldn't hurt my feelings (as much), to get a refurbished RC... Haha

As long as they wipe the bloody fingerprints completely away... Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I've replied you there(https://forum.dji.com/thread-129849-1-1.html). The issue can not be figured out remotely and I'll recommend to send it in for repair.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules