Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark is marvelouse :-)
1406 14 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Iceclimber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 101909 ft
Germany

Hello all, just wanting to start a post to express my fun when flying my tiny Spark!!

Here is a short summary:

• I have been flying RC models in the last 25 years including competitions for gliders (and winning some of them:-)
  • I am mastering all kind of RCs including helis and enjoy to build aircrafts including some T-Rex
  • Recently I have started Paragliding and now all comes together!

So I bought a Spark combo, started hoovering in my flat, took it outside and what to say: GREAT!!!

Thinking back a few years a RTH button was something from the miracle box and I climbed some trees to get down the RCs of my dad (who could build RC but not really fly them ;-).

So finally, I am really impressed by this little "toy" and just wanted to start a wish list (If someone from Dij forum read this) from a long RC experience:

• Receiver, is from my point of view mandatory, so please don’t sell Spark without it. If possible change the wheel for the gimbal from horizontal to vertic (this would be more natural)
  • I have tested OTG cable and its really a positive thing without having that much of interferences (I am PhD electronical engineering so should know what I am talking about)
  • Flight time is really ok considering the size and weight. Taking off the prop guards gave me 2 minutes more
  • Sound is ok but maybe Dij will release some low noise props as for Mavic. I will be one of the first buy

So Final thanks a lot for this great forum (especially the nonprofessionals like Wachtberger or hallmark007) who give REAL usefull input.

PS: I will be traveling around Europe for one year starting April and will hopefully shoot some descent footages with the Spark :-)

2018-1-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats and glad you are enjoying your new toy
2018-1-18
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
First Officer
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

"If possible change the wheel for the gimbal from horizontal to vertic (this would be more natural)

I agree wholeheartedly.  Even now it's a 50/50 gamble whether I get it right or not.
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Congratulations and I am happy that you like your Spark as I do! Thank you as well for your compliment, not sure that I merit it, but thank you :-) And I am really looking forward to the footage of your roundtrip though Europe. Wish you always happy landings!
2018-1-18
Use props
eman_vg
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

They did good on the Spark. Now I'm just hoping that if Spark 2 is released soon that it is 4k. And I'm excited for next Tuesday's announcement!!
2018-1-18
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Vulcan-XH558 Posted at 2018-1-18 14:46
"If possible change the wheel for the gimbal from horizontal to vertic (this would be more natural)

I agree wholeheartedly.  Even now it's a 50/50 gamble whether I get it right or not.

Isn't it?
2018-1-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Cheers mate enjoy..
2018-1-18
Use props
rimza
Captain
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

Congrats in owning a Spark.
2018-1-18
Use props
Ardenno
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1877910 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Many people says that "If you gonna buy Mavic you will sell your Spark" So I bought Mavic and  I will never sell my Spark. I love that "toy"
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Thanks for your positive feedback. Glad you like our products.
2018-1-18
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

DJI Elektra Posted at 2018-1-18 19:20
Thanks for your positive feedback. Glad you like our products.

just what i wanna say here
2018-1-18
Use props
Rustic17
Captain
Flight distance : 2716936 ft
United States

On gimbal wheel "Pull down, push up"...pull to get the gimbal to move downward; push to move it upward.
2018-1-18
Use props
Iceclimber
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello all and thanks a lot for the great replys . !!!!!!

Regarding the Gimbal weel its a super tip and I will try it next flights.

Here in Bavaria Germany we had unflyable weather, but indoor is also fun

@Wachtberger: I am thinking to also get a Mavic and would be glad to have your thoghts on the idea. I am still searching for the Businesscase

@Electra and Grace: Thanks a lot, I am appriciating your posts :-)!!  Please just tell the Dij developers that the products are great (but there is always room for improvement eg OTGKabel)!

All of you many happy flights!!
2018-1-19
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Iceclimber Posted at 2018-1-19 11:42
Hello all and thanks a lot for the great replys . !!!!!!

Regarding the Gimbal weel its a super tip and I will try it next flights.

Since you are asking me directly, I'd suggest to wait for next Tuesday: https://forum.dji.com/thread-129677-1-1.html
The Mavic Air what it is likely going to be is on my shopping list already ;-)
2018-1-19
Use props
Iceclimber
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks a lot! Now I think I Keep my feet quiet and wait for tuesday
2018-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules