Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I've gone to the dark side.
986 8 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grmachine
Second Officer
United States

Ipad Mini 4 128g with cellular, the perfomance difference from Android Tablet is insane.
I've never been a supporter of Apple products, I bought the misses a Mac Book Pro a few years ago, but Ipads and Iphones, I always viewed as over hyped consumer bait.
My opinion is swayed slightly now. I still think they are mildly overpriced, but I'm buying on payments so no big hurt.
See you in the skys!
2018-1-18
Use props
Oracle Miata
Captain
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yep, love my fruits.  Enjoy.
2018-1-18
Use props
Middleman
United States

Did the same thing a few weeks back. The Android wasn't cutting it without the OTG. The iPad mini is performing way better and when I saw that the Apple store sells the DJI Spark and controller in-store, it made me go hmmm.
2018-1-18
Use props
Raimenzio
Second Officer
Flight distance : 237057 ft
Lithuania

Man, I though you wen to patched application LOL. But you are form US and one of lucky FCC users =)
2018-1-18
Use props
Vulcan-XH558
First Officer
Flight distance : 62054 ft
United Kingdom

The performance betwen Android and IOS when connected to the RC/Spark really is chalk and cheese.I went for the model without cellular.  The reason being is that if I really need to access the 'net while I'm out and about, I can use my mobile as a hotspot.

Normally I wouldn't give Apple products a "bump", however in this case it's entirely warranted.

Happy trails
2018-1-19
Use props
Conrod
Second Officer
United Kingdom

It's catching! I'm a long term Windows and Android man myself, but I too have just gone to the Dark Side by buying an almost immaculate secondhand 32Gb iPad Mini 2 with cellular for £185. Now where did I put my torch .......

Alan
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You won’t be disappointed using IOS with DJI drones.
2018-1-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

An apple a day keeps the doctor away
2018-1-19
Use props
Conrod
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I had a few wifi issues, but firing up DJI Assistant 2 and restoring factory defaults on the Spark fixed these. I was then able to select a 2.4GHz channel within the Go 4 app, and after a wifi restart it showed 2.4GHz at the top - yeehaa! I seems to be "sticky" too, but time will tell I guess.

One of the reasons I decided to get a cellular version of the iPad Mini 2 is that I wanted to be sure that the red triangle compass orientation in the Go 4 app would be correct - i.e. that it would point straight ahead when the spark is going directly away from the controller. I assumed (rightly or wrongly!) that this would require GPS in the iPad, and therefore I needed the cellular version. Either way, it works, so that's all good too.

I then went to the Apple App Store to find the iOS equivalent to the excellent Android Wifi Analyzer app, as this won't currently work as my Android devices can't of course see a 5.8GHz network. However, I then discovered that although I now have a device that supports 5.8GHz, there are no such apps available because you need to jailbreak the iPad in order to access this info. I'm not about to enter that minefield, but it would have been a "nice to have"!

Alan
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules