Stupid Mistake
707 11 2018-1-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nucmanchh
lvl.4
United States

I set up to shoot this pano in an area covered with 2-3" of snow. I made the mistake of taking off from a snow cover stone (I thought I had knocked enough snow off) but it covered the sensors without me reaLizing it. The Spark took off and went straight up and immediately returned at the altitude I had setup in settings and it came down like a brick (as it made it's fast decent it warned me over and over that the sensors were off). It hit full speed from 120 meters up on a concrete step covered with 2-3 inches of snow. The snow saved it. I wiped the sensors off and calibrated the compass. Sent her back up and took this sepherical pano.

For orientation: The Ohio River is south and the state of Ohio is south of that. The snow covered area is on the West Virginia side of the Ohio River and the Tiny Planet you see was the most productive part of this shoot

Huntington WV

Huntington WV

2018-1-18
Use props
jimm00re
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1277503 ft
United States

Very nice sphere.
2018-1-18
Use props
Szwedu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 378114 ft
Poland

Gosh.. that's sucks. For the pano , you really want to be lower to stick out the high parts of the image. This way there will be sticking things out of your little planet.
2018-1-18
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You need some landing gear for the Spark, stops debris getting on the sensors and protects the Spark in a heavy landing

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pol ... 033.p?skuId=5964033
2018-1-18
Use props
Smolly
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15712 ft

South Africa

lannes Posted at 2018-1-18 22:22
You need some landing gear for the Spark, stops debris getting on the sensors and protects the Spark in a heavy landing

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/polarpro-landing-gear-for-dji-spark-black/5964033.p?skuId=5964033

And then if something goes wrong, your warranty is null and void.
No aftermarket parts allowed.
2018-1-18
Use props
rimza
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3307 ft
Brunei

The best buy landing gear looks cool but anyone tried it coz is does look like it will interfere with the VPS sensing??
2018-1-19
Use props
Zbig
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

Just Palm Launch it, switch to RC control, then after you're done bring it back down to your head's height, switch back to Gesture Control and Palm Land the little fellow. Works surprisingly well once you get a hang of it. Or get a landing pad. I thought it was kind of ridiculous at first but came to like it after all.
2018-1-19
Use props
AllenatBritish1
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Sorry to hear that,spark's bottom sensor can't be shut down, maybe the covered snow made this happened.
2018-1-19
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

rimza Posted at 2018-1-19 00:28
The best buy landing gear looks cool but anyone tried it coz is does look like it will interfere with the VPS sensing??

I use it, it doesn't go anywhere near the  bottom sensors
2018-1-19
Use props
Nikp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123947 ft
Seychelles

You are saying your drone dropped 120meters onto a stone with a little snow on it and nothing happened?? That would be amazing!
2018-1-19
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14044580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice sphere at least
2018-1-19
Use props
Fractal_CZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720761 ft
Czechia

Thanks for that warning! Sounds like horror to me.
2018-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules