COULD YOU PLEASE MAKE A SIMPLE TEST FOR ME?
1570 20 2015-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

Hello, I recently had a crash because of an extrange and undesirable acceleration of the motors in flight and now I'm doing all possible to check if it is ok to fly again, as nothing was broken or compomised (only a broken prop).

I need to compare from other Inspire 1 if that reacts the same way. If anyone could do this:

1)Without the props, turn on the bird and RC/Pilot app
2) start up the bird motors
3) Lift it about 1m (with your hands...) and bounce it to the sides, back and forward ( does it try to compensate your movement by changing the speed of each eangine, right?)
4)As it changed motors sounds, put it back on the floor and wait to check if: motors start to accelerate or keep as they werer when you started on the ground?
5) if so, how does it react if you try to slow it down and put the stick back to center? (mine slows down, but then stars to accelerate again...unless I quit it totally...)

Well, If I do this my inspire will accellerate engines till the maximum, progressively (probable that caused the crash!), but I'm wondering if a normal Inspire would react the same as mine or not. That would help me a lot!

Many thanks!
2015-4-23
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Put your tablet in "Airplane Mode" and turn off all "Bluetooth" connections. Just a sugestion. Let us know if it helps?
good luck and glad there was no major damage.
2015-4-23
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

rodger Posted at 2015-4-24 06:07
Put your tablet in "Airplane Mode" and turn off all "Bluetooth" connections. Just a sugestion. Let u ...

thanks rodger, I already keep all the bluetooth and wireless transmissions off. The problem is in the aircraft software. That's why I'm asking people to try this very simple test to give me the feed back. But it seems that nobody is interested.

I need to be sure that the inspire won't get crazy again before I go for the next flight. While that, my job is waiting for many shots...

2015-4-23
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

Here the video showing how the Inspire reacts. Is that the same acceleration problem that caused a crash? Does your drone would react like there too?

password: inspire1crash

that answer  would be really important for me to decide to fly again.
thanks
2015-4-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

If you set it back down and you had the throttle at the mid point still then the bird is still trying to hover at half throttle. Pull it all the way back it should stop the motors if it thinks it landed , if it doesn't think it landed because you picked it up running it struggled to correct its attitude as you tilted it then set it down it will try taking off , you have to put the control sticks in the same position as starting the motors now to shut them down .. Picking up your bird while the motors are spooled up does not record a take off !   I can't see how this could have caused your crash ? Doesn't seem related to what caused a crash...
2015-4-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

mauricio.copett Posted at 2015-4-24 06:44
Here the video showing how the Inspire reacts. Is that the same acceleration problem that caused a c ...

I watched .. Something is seriously wrong , no way should the motors just start running up and down on their own while it sits still , that's crazy as it seems to have its own mind now or no mind.. Not good , suppose you could try a firmware ,I must and compass cal over again to see if it cures the bird , if not me thinks your bird may be due for a trip to the dji doctors office .. Let us know what happens ... Good luck then.
2015-4-23
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

daver/m Posted at 2015-4-24 08:39
If you set it back down and you had the throttle at the mid point still then the bird is still tryin ...

Thanks daver/m. All my effort is here to know this: IF I FLY AGAIN WILL IT DO THE CRAZY ACCELERATION IN FLIGHT AGAIN?  Or, being sure that occurred a malfunction (don't know where/what yet..) producing this acceleration (the bird was as fast as 25m/s on its own, according to flight records in app, going any direction...) WHAT CAN I DO DO PREVENT IT?

I appreciate your wise knowledge, thanks
2015-4-23
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

A very similar issue was reported here too:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... d%3D218&lang=en
2015-4-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

mauricio.copett Posted at 2015-4-24 08:51
Thanks daver/m. All my effort is here to know this: IF I FLY AGAIN WILL IT DO THE CRAZY ACCELERATI ...

Well , just try to go over everything possible , maybe try it on the pilot training app if your on an iPad and see what it does before you try flying it .. If you do fly it set your distance max and altitude max small not to far or high just in case .. But from what I saw of the video it was running up and down all by itself right ??
2015-4-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

Make sure the firmware is good , calibrate the Imu again and recalibrate the compass, check the values after recalibration , maybe recalibrate the RC stick controls too.  even a small crash can throw the calibrations out of whack sometimes .. Wish I could tell you what's happening for sure .. Hope it goes well .. Let us know then.
2015-4-23
Use props
kirk.pleasant
lvl.2

Qatar

If you are worried after all of that you can tether your Inspire and do some hover testing.

2015-4-23
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

The acceleration was chaotic but doesn't make it run upwards or downwards, I noticed that it was tending to go more backwards and sidewards, not responding to go with the nose. The only kind of control I had was up and down ... Would be great if I COULD MAKE A RESETTING to be able REINSTALL the firmware or INSTALL to the older one, but the txt sais the update was ok and any attempt comes with the words "'older or same actual firmware"". There must to be a way to reboot the system or reset it!! Soon I will publish the crash flight for better analysis, but my internet here in the jungle sucks.
Many thanks
2015-4-23
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
United States

kirk.pleasant Posted at 2015-4-24 10:12
If you are worried after all of that you can tether your Inspire and do some hover testing.

https: ...

Great idea ! In this case ..
2015-4-23
Use props
mountmotor
lvl.4

United States

Here the video showing how the Inspire reacts. Is that the same acceleration problem that caused a c ...

I would not fly again...Something is wrong with your flight controller...
2015-4-23
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Hi Mauricio, I have just tried this test with mine and it does exactly the same as yours. When you lift it to around 1m then back down again it tries to return to 1m. With no rotors it can't reach 1m, so it will accelerate until it gets there. Seems pretty normal to me.
Mine flies perfectly, I could not be happier with her.
2015-4-24
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I can confirm this behavior for my bird also ...

If you start it up but leav it resting on the ground the "throttle" will keep steady and smooth.
Take off and land it again, without shutting the motors off, the throttle will soon change, causing the bird to lift off (I believe someone exp this indoors, trying to empty their batteries with props still on and motors running).
2015-4-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mauricio.copett Posted at 2015-4-24 06:18
thanks rodger, I already keep all the bluetooth and wireless transmissions off. The problem is in  ...

Guess you have already eliminated those possible issues.
2015-4-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mauricio, I'll try it for you but, I think there is an issue that needs DJI's Tech's to check for you. What is troubling is the way that it increases it's speed. I can envision as the other poster's have stated that it thinks that it needs to rise from the ground. but just going full speed ahead is't right. It could be a Firmware issue in that it may be be trying to return home. If it entered that mode it is going to climb to the  highest point it was at during the flight and the make a run for home. You are indoors in your video so you have no GPS influence, only the sensors on the underside. Tethering it is a great suggestion. I sympothize with your anxiety trying to fly it again. I had a Phantom 2 Vision+ that did that to me. it just took off and made a bee line towards a tree going forward. I put into the ground before it hit the tree. It didn't climb jus fast forward as if I had it full throttle forward. I let the sticks center themselves but it made no difference. I thought it was an issue with the calabration of the controller. I re-installed the firmware in the Vision and Controller and while doing that I also moved the sticks around in a complete circle at their limits and also individually to their extremes in all directions. I never had another issue with it after that. I would try a Firmware update again with the latest Firmware to both the Inspire and Controller using a clean sd card unformatted and a clean Thumb drive unformatted. and try the tether trick mentioned above. It it still does the same thing it is time to let it take a trip to DJI while it is in one piece. I realize it is aggravation but, you have a large investment there that you will never enjoy flying because of what happened to you and that will be on your mind every time you use it.  
2015-4-24
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

rodger Posted at 2015-4-24 20:32
Mauricio, I'll try it for you but, I think there is an issue that needs DJI's Tech's to check for  ...

Thanks. I'll tether it and run many checks and tests also. But by any chance, do you know a way to reset aircraft (maybe also the RC) in order to reinstall properly the firmware? I did the firmware update many times, but the txt said it is all ok... Ir i could fine a way to reboot to reinstall that would be much better and safe!
Thanks for your attention and kindness
2015-4-24
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

mauricio.copett Posted at 2015-4-24 21:24
Thanks. I'll tether it and run many checks and tests also. But by any chance, do you know a way to  ...

I have never done it but I believe there is a very small button buried in the aft of the Inspire in the main body. Check with one of the DJI Guys here on the forum before you push it. I know you are trying to clean it out but the Firmware will overwrite what is already in there when you do the update. There is a post from a Gentleman that is experiencing the same issue as you are. I think it is "new firmware problem" or something similiar to that. It is a new post.
2015-4-24
Use props
mauricio.copett
lvl.2
Brazil

Thanks everyone for the help. I just tested it keeping the bird tethered first, then I went for a flight as nothing abnormal happened during the tethered test... Just for precaution I turned my slave RC into my master RC and vice-versa, even though I don't think the RC was the problem. Of course I did it in Beginner mode and I'm not that confident yet. If I can reset all again to reinstall the firmware that will be better of course. I'm still waiting for DJI analysis and till there I won't fly it for the job.

One thing that I realized is that by our farmstead we have an antenna to get radio signal for the internet from 30km and some routers around the house. Could that cause such interference to let my bird go crazy too?
2015-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules